• Ready for School to Start – August 10, 2020
• Student Class Schedules Ready – August 7, 2020
• New Parents Update – August 7, 2020
• Athletics Update – August 4, 2020
• Royal Weekly Back-to-School Issue – August 3, 2020
Watch the Royals Via Livestream
Unfortunately not everyone can attend games right now to cheer on our teams. But, you can still support our Royals by watching livestream games for Varsity Football, Varsity Girls Soccer, Varsity Blue Boys Soccer, and Varsity Volleyball. The streams can be found on the CVCA Athletics Facebook page or CVCA Boosters YouTube Channel. Game schedules are available on the CVCA Athletics page.
Ways to Get Involved
The CVCA community is a big part of what makes our school so special! There are many ways to get involved as a current family: volunteer, pray, attend events, join Shop and Earn programs, and more. Although some opportunities may be limited at the moment due to pandemic restrictions, we look forward to partnering with you in Educating and Cultivating Servants for Christ. Learn about some of the ways you can get involved HERE.
CVCA Family Resources
Do you still need to take the ACT or want to retake the ACT or SAT? A list of available test dates for the 2020-2021 school year is available HERE.
Seniors will take the SAT on Wednesday, October 14 at CVCA. No registration or payment is necessary.
The CVCA Appearance Standards have shifted a bit during this COVID season. As we begin the year we will allow students to wear spirit wear every day. That may change later in the year, so you may still want to purchase polo options as well. Polos, skirts, and other uniform attire are still permitted within the school week as well.
907 Portage Trail, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
• Purchase In Store Only
We know that items purchased online will most likely not be in prior to the start of school, but they hope to be close.
The CVCA Student Appearance Standards are available HERE >>
School districts providing bus transportation to CVCA are available HERE >>
CVCA uses Canvas as our Learning Management System (LMS). In other words, Canvas is the digital hub of our classroom where upcoming assignments, grades, and resources are posted in one centralized, easy-to-access location.
Parents can access this information by creating an account and then linking their account to their child’s information via a pairing code. This video explains both the account creation process and how to generate a pairing code.
This is the website you’ll use to access Canvas once you have created an account: cvcaroyals.instructure.com/login/canvas. We recommend bookmarking the website for ease of access. Be sure not to include the “www” at the front of the address.
One of the strengths of Canvas from a parent and student perspective is that you can customize the amount of information you receive from Canvas and choose the method in which you receive that information. After you set up and login to your account, this video walks you through the process of customizing your notification settings.
There is a Canvas app for parents that can be downloaded to your smartphone (iOS or Android). You will have to search for “Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy” when you first access the app.
If you have questions about Canvas or need assistance after watching the videos, feel free to send an email to [email protected].
- Class schedules will be ready to view and print in Family Portal on Friday, August 7. Families will receive an email when they have been posted. Once logged in to Family Portal… click on “Student Information”… “Schedules”… then click on your student’s name. Please bring a copy of your schedule on your first day of school. If you have trouble registering or logging into Family Portal, contact one of the following:
- Please review your schedule to make sure all required academic subjects for your grade level are listed. Students who have eight classes and no study halls may want to consider dropping a class for a study hall, especially any student who might struggle a bit academically.
- Once schedules are released, any class change request must be verified by a parent via a written note, email, or phone call. Class change request forms are also available in the Guidance Office.
- Students can drop or add classes until the 5th day of each semester. We will not make any schedule adjustments for teacher preferences, study hall times, lunch period preferences, or any other changes not strictly necessary.
- PRT (Personal Responsibility Time) is a study hall for high school students who do not have a status of academic watch, warning, or probation. PRT gives students a choice to go to a quiet study hall in the Cafeteria or the Learning Commons.
* New Students: Bring a copy of your schedule to Orientation.
* ALL Parents: Bring a copy of your child’s schedule to Back-To-School Night.
Please call or email the Guidance Department if you have any questions:
• Guidance Office: 330-920-8204
• Mrs. Plum (Grades 6-9) – [email protected]
• Mr. Kasiguran (Grade 10) – [email protected]
• Mr. Tomich (Grade 11) – [email protected]
• Mrs. Fridline (Grade 12) – [email protected]
Students may participate in a wide-range of co-curricular activities, including:
• Forensics Team (Speech and Debate)
• Academic Challenge
• National Honor Society
• Chess Team and Chess Club
• Fellowship of Christian Athletes
• CATS (Concerned About Teen Success)
• Diakonos (Service Club)
• Student Mission Trips
• Short-term Exchange Programs in 4 countries
• Chapel Worship Team
• Student Leadership Council
• SCRAM (Students Concerned Radically About Missions)
• Chix with Sticks (knitting and crochet club)
• Art Club
• The Royal Fools (Improvisational Theatre)
• Royal Theatre Productions
• Robotics Team
• Embrace Diversity
• Design Club
• Bible Journaling
• ASL Club
• Ski Club
• Disc Golf Club
• Ornithology Club
• There are several ways for students to gain college credit while at CVCA. More information is available HERE >>
• Procedures for students who wish to take CL Dual Credit Courses during the 2020-2021 are available HERE >>
• Information on 2020-2021 State Funding for CL Dual Credit Courses is available HERE >>
Students who wish to appeal to register for a course should complete this Course Appeal Form >>
The Dominican Republic Trip will not take place during the summer of 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Further details to come.
Students may arrive at school as early as 7:15 a.m. Students arriving between 7:15 a.m. and 7:35 a.m. should arrive at the Royals Fieldhouse entrance. If a bus is there, please pull behind the bus to drop off your student(s).
7:15-7:50 a.m.: Grades 6, 7, 8 should be dropped off at the rear entrance of the school. Grades 9 through 12 should be dropped off at the Chapel or Learning Commons entrances.
During the school day (7:50 a.m. to 2:35 p.m.): ALL students should be dropped off at the main entrance in front of the school.
2:35-2:50 p.m.: Grades 6, 7, 8 should be picked at the rear entrance of the school. Grades 9 through 12 should be picked at the Chapel or Learning Commons entrances.
Recent press coverage has raised many questions about the Ohio EdChoice Scholarship Program which provides local and state funded scholarships for eligible students to pay private school tuition. Find out more HERE>>.
The health and safety of your student is always our highest priority, and our best defense against the spread of respiratory viruses is prevention. Please take a moment to read through our CVCA Together Protocols for Success and student health and wellness recommendations. Together we can reduce the spread of infections at CVCA.
Families new to CVCA can find details and helpful information on the New Students page HERE >>
Information is updated throughout the summer.
All information is subject to change due to COVID-19.
The Office of Academic Success and Instructional Services (OASIS) is available for students needing assistance in study and organizational skills. Students are assigned to OASIS by the Guidance Office based on previous school records, entrance testing, quarter grades, and teacher recommendations. If a student or parent believes that OASIS services would be beneficial, they are encouraged to contact the Director of OASIS to discuss.
Information about the OASIS services and team is available HERE >>
All student drivers are required to register their car in the Main Office. Permits are available for $80 HERE >>
The Schools of Distinction include speciality tracks in the Arts & Humanities, Business, Engineering, Medicine, and Ministry within our comprehensive college-prep program. There is a $300 School of Distinction fee.
Pay fee HERE>>.
Senior year is a busy time, and graduation will be here before you know it! Important deadlines, events, and 12th grade information can be found HERE >>
• Students are required to use the Helper Helper app to track and verify their Service Expectation hours (8 per semester). Students can download Helper Helper from the app store on their smart phone, or use the web app on their Chromebook. It is a quick, easy, and accurate way to track and verify their service hours. Students simply click “Add past commitments” and include their parent or guardian’s email address or phone number in order for the hours to be verified. The parent/guardian will then receive either an email or text to electronically verify the submitted hours.
• 8 Hours (minimum) of approved service activity are required per semester
• The Service Learning Coordinator will give final approval to verified hours that fit the Bible class guidelines.
Thanks for encouraging your students to serve! Here are some examples of the great ways CVCA students have made an impact in their communities:
• National Day of Prayer volunteer
• Sunday school/church nursery helper
• Public school speaker to promote teen success
• Church usher/server
• Community clean up helper
• Cuyahoga Valley National Park trail manager
• Urban Vision Kids club helper
• El Salvador Orphanage helper
• Worship leader
• Soup kitchen volunteer
• Juvenile Detention outreach
• Hospital volunteer
• School event helper
Registration for 2020-2021 sports is now open. Log in to your Final Forms account to register today. Select the sports your son/daughter plans to participate in next school year. Please double-check your information to make sure it is current, especially the student’s medical history and contact information. Are you new to Final Forms? You can create an account HERE. Questions? Contact Ben Miller at [email protected].
Details regarding summer workouts for FALL SPORTS are available HERE.
The 2020-2021 Student/Parent Handbook is available digitally in CVCA’s Family Portal. Please log in to Family Portal, go to School (on left) and click on Resource Documents. You will find the Student/Parent Handbook and Signature page under Newsletter Archives on the right side.
At least one parent and every student should read the Handbook. Signature pages need to be submitted to 1st period teachers on Thursday, August 13. The signature page is available to return after you have read through the Handbook.
Withdrawal forms must be submitted if your student does not intend to return to CVCA next year. Please complete this form by March 31, 2020. You have until April 15, 2020 to withdraw without penalty. The Student Withdrawal Form is available HERE.
Summer assignments for middle and high school students are available HERE.
TRIP is an easy way to save money on tuition. The TRIP program purchases bulk quantities of gift certificates from various stores. The certificates are sold to participating families at face value with the discount passed on to individual accounts in the form of a tuition credit. Any leftover or undesignated credits go to the CVCA Tuition Assistance Fund. Details are available HERE>>
A student’s UDID number can be accessed through Family Portal, following these steps:
1. Log in to your Family Portal account.
2. Click on “Family” in the blue sidebar
3. Scroll down that page until you see the “Online Filing Cabinet”
4. Click on “CVCA Student Demographics”
5. The UDID is the first number at the top of the Student Demographic Form.
A signed waiver is required for many CVCA events such as the Homecoming Banquet and Junior-Senior Prom. Waivers will be made available as events are planned.