CVCA Coronavirus Updates
With student health and safety as our highest priority, we want to communicate the most prudent and relevant information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak as it relates to your family and the CVCA community. CVCA information can be found through the link below and will be updated as developments occur.
New Parent Partners Episode – March 19, 2020
Tune in and hear from CVCA administration and Senior Pastor of Grace Church, Jeff Bogue talk about the Coronavirus and leading students to Christ even through unsteady times. How are you helping your child navigate through disappointment and change? How are you redeeming this time?
Nike brand CVCA apparel is available online from BSN Sportswear several times per year. Families are notified when the shop is open.
Order Nike-branded CVCA uniform styles now through August 15, 2019. This apparel is an alternative to clothing found at the recommended uniform stores as these items are Nike branded and approved for everyday wear. You will be notified when your items arrive and can pick them up at CVCA in the main office.
Visit Shop >>
Stay in the know on dress code HERE >>
School districts providing bus transportation to CVCA are available HERE >>
CVCA uses Canvas as our Learning Management System (LMS). In other words, Canvas is the digital hub of our classroom where upcoming assignments, grades, and resources are posted in one centralized, easy-to-access location.
Parents can access this information by creating an account and then linking their account to their child’s information via a pairing code. This video explains both the account creation process and how to generate a pairing code.
This is the website you’ll use to access Canvas once you have created an account: cvcaroyals.instructure.com/login/canvas. We recommend bookmarking the website for ease of access. Be sure not to include the “www” at the front of the address.
One of the strengths of Canvas from a parent and student perspective is that you can customize the amount of information you receive from Canvas and choose the method in which you receive that information. After you set up and login to your account, this video walks you through the process of customizing your notification settings.
There is a Canvas app for parents that can be downloaded to your smartphone (iOS or Android). You will have to search for “Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy” when you first access the app.
If you have questions about Canvas or need assistance after watching the videos, feel free to send an email to [email protected].
- Class schedules are availalble to view and print in ParentsWeb. Please bring a copy of your schedule with you on your first day of school. If you have trouble registering or logging into ParentsWeb, please contact one of the following people:
Phil Dipane 330-929-0575, ext. 647 or [email protected]
Ryan Crocker, 330-929-0575, ext. 646 or [email protected]
Once logged in to ParentsWeb, click on “Student Information,” “Schedules,” and then click on your student’s name.
- Please review your student’s schedule to make sure all of the required academic subjects for his/her grade level are listed. Click HERE>> for middle school information and HERE>> for high school information. If your student has eight classes and no study halls, then you may want to consider dropping a class for a study hall, especially for a student who might struggle a bit academically.
- Once schedules are released, any class change request must be verified by a parent via a written note, an email, or a phone call. We also have class change request forms available in the Guidance Office.
- No class additions or drops are permitted after Friday, August 23. Also, we cannot change schedules for reasons that would be considered preferences, such as requesting a specific teacher, lunch period requests, requesting 8th period study hall, etc.
- PRT (Personal Responsibility Time) is the name of a study hall for high school students ONLY who do not have a status of academic watch, warning, or probation. PRT gives students a choice to go to a quiet study hall in the Cafeteria or the Learning Commons.
Please call or email the Guidance Department if you have any questions.
Guidance Office: 330-920-8204
Mrs. Plum (Grades 6-9) – [email protected]
Mr. Kasiguran (Grade 10) – [email protected]
Mr. Tomich (Grade 11) – [email protected]
Mrs. Fridline (Grade 12) – [email protected]
Students may participate in a wide-range of co-curricular activities, including:
• Forensics Team (Speech and Debate)
• Academic Challenge
• National Honor Society
• Chess Team and Chess Club
• Fellowship of Christian Athletes
• CATS (Concerned About Teen Success)
• Diakonos (Service Club)
• Student Mission Trips
• Short-term Exchange Programs in 4 countries
• Chapel Worship Team
• Student Leadership Council
• SCRAM (Students Concerned Radically About Missions)
• Chix with Sticks (knitting and crochet club)
• Art Club
• The Royal Fools (Improvisational Theatre)
• Royal Theatre Productions
• Robotics Team
• Embrace Diversity
• Design Club
• Bible Journaling
• ASL Club
• Ski Club
• Disc Golf Club
• Ornithology Club
• There are several ways for students to gain college credit while at CVCA. More information is available HERE >>
• Procedures for students who wish to take CL Dual Credit Courses during the 2020-2021 are available HERE >>
• Information on 2020-2021 State Funding for CL Dual Credit Courses is available HERE >>
Before 7:20 a.m. All students should be dropped off at the main entrance in the front of the school. If a bus is there, please pull behind the bus.
7:20-7:50 a.m. Grades 6, 7, and 8 dropped off at the rear entrance; grades 9-12 dropped off at the Chapel or Learning Commons entrances.
7:50 a.m.-2:50 p.m. ALL students should be dropped off at the main entrance in front of the school.
2:50-3:05 p.m. Grades 6-8 picked at the rear entrance of the school; grades 9-12 picked at the Chapel or Learning Commons entrances.
After 3:05 p.m. ALL students should picked be up at the main entrance in the front of the school.
Recent press coverage has raised many questions about the Ohio EdChoice Scholarship Program which provides local and state funded scholarships for eligible students to pay private school tuition. Find out more HERE>>.
The health and safety of your student is always our highest priority, and our best defense against the spread of respiratory viruses is prevention. Please take a moment to read our student health and wellness recommendations. Together we can reduce the spread of infections at CVCA.
Learn more about our menus and web-based payment system HERE >>
All new student information can be found on our “New Students” page HERE>>. You’ll find everything you need to know about Orientation, Assimilation Day, Ignition, JumpStart, Froshfest, and more!
The Office of Academic Success and Instructional Services (OASIS) is available for students needing assistance in study and organizational skills. Students are assigned to OASIS by the Guidance Office based on previous school records, entrance testing, quarter grades, and teacher recommendations. If a student or parent believes that OASIS services would be beneficial, they are encouraged to contact the Director of OASIS to discuss.
Information about the OASIS services and team is available HERE >>
All student drivers are required to register their car in the Main Office. Permits are available for $80 HERE >>
A signed waiver is required to purchase a ticket to CVCA’s 2019 Junior-Senior Prom. The waiver is available HERE >>
School supply lists for the 2019-2020 school year HERE.
The Schools of Distinction include speciality tracks in the Arts & Humanities, Business, Engineering, Medicine, and Ministry within our comprehensive college-prep program. There is a $300 School of Distinction fee.
Senior year is a busy time, and graduation will be here before you know it! Important deadlines, events, and 12th grade information can be found HERE >>
• Students are required to use the Helper Helper app to track and verify their Service Expectation hours (8 per semester). Students can download Helper Helper from the app store on their smart phone, or use the web app on their Chromebook. It is a quick, easy, and accurate way to track and verify their service hours. Students simply click “Add past commitments” and include their parent or guardian’s email address or phone number in order for the hours to be verified. The parent/guardian will then receive either an email or text to electronically verify the submitted hours.
• 8 Hours (minimum) of approved service activity are required per semester
• The Service Learning Coordinator will give final approval to verified hours that fit the Bible class guidelines.
Thanks for encouraging your students to serve! Here are some examples of the great ways CVCA students have made an impact in their communities:
• National Day of Prayer volunteer
• Sunday school/church nursery helper
• Public school speaker to promote teen success
• Church usher/server
• Community clean up helper
• Cuyahoga Valley National Park trail manager
• Urban Vision Kids club helper
• El Salvador Orphanage helper
• Worship leader
• Soup kitchen volunteer
• Juvenile Detention outreach
• Hospital volunteer
• School event helper
2020 Spring Sports Registration is Now Open
Registration for 2020 spring sports is now live through FinalForms. Log in to your account HERE>> to register your son or daughter. Be sure to click the button for 2019-2020 registration and select your sport. You can also update any changes to your information at this time. If you don’t have a FinalForms account, sign-up today using the link above. This Parent Playbook will walk you through how to set up an account.
All spring athletes and at least one of his/her parents must attend the mandatory OHSAA Preseason Parent/Athlete Meeting on March 3 at 7:00 p.m. in the Chapel.
Spring Sports Start Dates:
- Baseball – Monday, February 24 – Coach Jason Herblet
- Boys Lacrosse – Monday, February 24 – Coach Luke Toburen
- Girls Lacrosse – Monday, February 24 – Coach Jolie DePace
- Softball – Monday, February 24 – Coach Jeff Johnson
- Boys Tennis – Monday, March 9 – Coach David Ramey
- Track & Field – Monday, February 24 – Boys Coach Craig Rupe, Girls Coach Chip Johnson
- Middle School Boys Lacrosse – TBD, Coach TBD
- Middle School Track & Field – Tuesday, February 25 – Coach Jordan Samsonas
- 6th Grade Girls Volleyball – Thursday, April 2 – Coach Mandy Hendrickx
Withdrawal forms must be submitted if your student does not intend to return to CVCA next year. Please complete this form by March 31, 2020. You have until April 15, 2020 to withdraw without penalty. The Student Withdrawal Form is available HERE.
TRIP is an easy way to save money on tuition. The TRIP program purchases bulk quantities of gift certificates from various stores. The certificates are sold to participating families at face value with the discount passed on to individual accounts in the form of a tuition credit. Any leftover or undesignated credits go to the CVCA Tuition Assistance Fund. Details are available HERE>>