The Office of Academic Success and Instructional Services (OASIS) is available for students needing assistance in study and organizational skills. Students are assigned to OASIS by the Guidance Office based on previous school records, entrance testing, quarter grades, and teacher recommendations. If a student or parent believes that OASIS services would be beneficial, they are encouraged to contact the Director of OASIS to discuss. Information about the OASIS services and team is available HERE.
CVCA uses Canvas as our Learning Management System (LMS). In other words, Canvas is the digital hub of our classroom where upcoming assignments, grades, and resources are posted in one centralized, easy-to-access location.
Parents can access this information by creating an account and then linking their account to their child’s information via a pairing code. THIS VIDEO explains both the account creation process and how to generate a pairing code.
This is the website you’ll use to access Canvas once you have created an account: cvcaroyals.instructure.com/login/canvas. We recommend bookmarking the website for ease of access. Be sure not to include the “www” at the front of the address.
One of the strengths of Canvas from a parent and student perspective is that you can customize the amount of information you receive from Canvas and choose the method in which you receive that information. After you set up and login to your account, THIS VIDEO walks you through the process of customizing your notification settings.
There is a Canvas app for parents that can be downloaded to your smartphone (iOS or Android). You will have to search for “Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy” when you first access the app.
If you have questions about Canvas or need assistance after watching the videos, feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Class schedules will be ready to view and print in Family Portal on August 8. Families will receive an email when they have been posted. Once logged in to Family Portal… click on “Student Information”… “Schedules”… then click on your student’s name. Please bring a copy of your schedule on your first day of school. If you have trouble registering or logging into Family Portal, contact either Ryan Baxter at email@example.com or Ryan Crocker at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please review your schedule and the CVCA Academic Catalog to make sure all required academic subjects for your grade level are listed. Students who have eight classes and no study halls may want to consider dropping a class for a study hall, especially any student who might struggle a bit academically.
- Once schedules are released, any class change request must be verified by a parent via a written note, email, or phone call. Class change request forms are also available in the Guidance Office.
- Students can drop or add classes until the 5th day of each semester. We will not make any schedule adjustments for teacher preferences, study hall times, lunch period preferences, or any other changes not strictly necessary.
- PRT (Personal Responsibility Time) is a study hall for high school students who do not have a status of academic watch, warning, or probation. PRT gives students a choice to go to a quiet study hall in the Cafeteria or the Learning Commons.
- Please call or email the Guidance Department if you have any questions:
Students who wish to appeal to register for a course should complete this Course Appeal Form.
CVCA has a web-based Library Management System (available HERE) with access to research sites, eBooks, numerous databases, teacher resources, the Library catalog, and more. If you find a book in the catalog you want to check out, you may come to the Learning Commons to check it out. If you wish to request/reserve a book from the Library’s website, you will have to log in. You will need your “Student ID” to log in.
How a Student Finds a Student ID Number in Family Portal (ParentsWeb)
- Log in to Family Portal (ParentsWeb) on the MY CVCA Page
- Under “School Information,” select “Web Forms”
- Select “CVCA Students Demographics” Form
- Student ID (pin number for Library and lunch program) appears at top as “Student UDID”
How a Parent finds a Student ID Number in Family Portal (ParentsWeb)
- Log in to
- Family Portal
- (ParentsWeb) on the MY CVCA Page
- Under “School Information,” select “Web Forms”
- Select “Family Demographics Form” (on right side)
- Select “CVCA students Demographics Form with UDID”
- Student ID (pin number for library and lunch program) appears at top as “Student UDID”
From the library’s home page, click “Login.” Enter your “Student ID” in the username/user
ID box (no password is necessary). If you find a book you want to check out, click “Request” and then “Submit Request.” You will receive an email telling you when the book is available for pick up in the Learning Commons. The Learning Commons is open from 7:30 a.m. to 3:05 p.m. each school day.
The Schools of Distinction include speciality tracks in the Arts & Humanities, Business, Engineering, Medicine, and Ministry within our comprehensive college-prep program. There is a $300 School of Distinction fee.