Ways to Earn College Credit at CVCA
Advanced Placement (AP) Program
The requirements to enter our AP program are a 3.0 overall GPA and at least a B- in any prerequisite coursework to register for an AP course. We currently offer 18 AP courses; however, additional AP courses are available for students who wish to pursue them on their own.
College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
CLEP offers 33 college-level exams that are accepted by more than 2,900 universities and colleges for credit in a wide variety of academic disciplines. The purpose of this program is to promote rigorous academic pursuits and to provide a wide variety of options to college-ready students.
College Credit Plus (CCP)
Please click HERE to view the full video presentation regarding our CCP school partnership.
- Dual Credit Courses: We have partnered with Malone University to provide college credit classes taught by our faculty at CVCA.
- College Campus Courses: In-person college courses at your desired local college.
- Online Courses: Online college courses at your desired local college.
For the full guide to earning CL Credit at CVCA, please view the classes available and procedures!
Avenues Toward College Credit at CVCA
- Additional AP courses are available for students who wish to pursue them on their own. These additional AP exams can be taken at CVCA. See complete list HERE.
- Most colleges and universities award college credit for a score of 3, 4, or 5. However, students should check with their individual university or check HERE for information about AP credit policy.
- Log into your Score Report from College Board to research their suggestions of AP courses that would fit your interests and abilities through AP Potential. These are based on your PSAT scores.
- Students can take a CLEP test in any subject offered by College Board. Click HERE to find a complete list of the 33 tests available. Study guides are available for purchase.
- Find the complete list of CLEP exams HERE.
- Click HERE to view the steps to apply for funding.
CCP College Contact Information
HERE, you will find a list of local colleges that support College Credit Plus. Ohio’s CCP program can help you earn college and high school credits at the same time by taking college courses from community colleges or universities.