The Royal Weekly
August 21, 2023
Have you heard the exciting news?
We recently kicked off The Campaign for Mission Advancement which means some exciting changes are coming to campus. We would love for you to be part of this important endeavor. Learn more HERE.
Parent Back-to-School Night – August 24
All CVCA parents are encouraged to attend this informative evening to meet your student’s teachers who will present overviews of their curriculum and classroom procedures. Although there is not time during Back-to-School Night for lengthy individual conversations, teachers will be happy to answer general questions regarding their objectives and goals.
You will follow an abbreviated version of your student’s class schedule. Please bring your student’s Monday class schedule (you can download a copy from Family Portal.) We will start with first period at 7:00 p.m.
During study hall or PRT times, please join us for refreshments in the Cafeteria. Gym classes will meet in the Fieldhouse. We look forward to seeing you as we get the school year off to a great start!
Review AND UPDATE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION
Parents, please update your contact information and make sure your email is correct in Family Portal so we can keep you informed. Please also add us to your “safe sender” list.
Important Health Clinic Information
- 7th, 12th, and New Students: as noted in the Student/Parent Handbook that was signed by every student and parent, immunization records are due by the 14th day of school, which is August 31, 2023. Please send records to the Health Clinic via email, mail, or hard copy to the Main Office.
- If an exemption is needed, please complete this Immunization Exemption Form and be sure to circle all vaccinations you would like the exemption to apply to.
- For students with an Anaphylactic Allergy, Asthma, Diabetes Mellitus, Chronic Migraines (under the specific care of a physician), and/or Seizures: an Action Plan, completed and signed by their physician, needs to be on file with us in order for us to appropriately care for your student. NOTE: Diabetic, Migraine, and Seizure Action Plans must come from the physician’s office.
- Allergy Action Plan
- Asthma Action Plan
In-School Epipens, Inhalers, and Medications:
- Our Health Clinic is happy to store your student’s Epipens, inhalers, and medications in a locked and designated drawer. Epipens and inhalers may be self-carried with expressed written permission by a physician.
- We need to have an Action Plan on file for every student carrying one of these diagnoses!
- If your student is to take a prescription medication daily during school hours, we would welcome you to utilize our resources in the Health Clinic. Prescription medications are kept in a locked drawer designated to your student and administered at the appropriate time by our Registered Nurses.
- Please complete and turn in this Medication Permission Form along with the medication in the original prescription bottle to the Health Clinic.
Our Health Clinic hours are 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and our phone number is 330-929-0575, ext. 216. We can also always be reached by email at email@example.com.
Thanks for trusting us to care for your students! – Kendall, Erin, and Rachel
New Family Tailgate – September 8
Make plans NOW to join us in welcoming our new families CVCA-style with lots of fun and a little fanfare too. Food trucks will be available for everyone before the game on Friday, September 8. Come grab a casual bite for dinner and mingle with friends both familiar and new. Let’s show everyone what this special community is all about!
Families of new students: Please register HERE to take part in some additional activities designed just for you!
Schedule of Events:
- 4:30 p.m. – Food Trucks available for dinner purchases.
- 5:30 p.m. – Royals Stadium opens. Mingle, take part in the pre-game fun, and enjoy FREE sweet and salty snacks in your exclusive end zone area.
- 7:00 p.m. – Kickoff! Get FREE entrance to the CVCA vs. Tuslaw football game and cheer on the Royals!
Royal Theatre Kick-off – August 23
The Royal Theatre will hold its season announcement meeting after school on August 23 from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. in the Chapel. All are welcome to come learn about The Royal Theatre, what we do, student involvement opportunities, and what shows we’ll be doing this year!
GRAND CANYON UNIVERSITY REP CHAT – august 24
Juniors and anyone who would like to learn more about Grand Canyon University are invited to chat with a rep on Thursday, August 24 in Room 104 during either lunch!
Upcoming Local College Fairs
- Tuesday, August 29 – 6:00 to 7:30 p.m.
- Baldwin Wallace University
- Contact: Meredith Cannon at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursday, August 31 – 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Hall of Fame Village – Canton, Ohio
- For more information, contact Education@ProFootballHOF.com
- Tuesday, September 19 – 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- CVCA Royals Fieldhouse
- Register at myblueprintbarcode.com
- 40 Christian colleges represented
Northeast Ohio College and Career Fair
- Wednesday, September 27 – 9:00 to 11:30 a.m.
- Kent State University Memorial Athletic and Convocation Center (MACC)
- 120 Colleges, Universities, and Career Preparatory Organizations
Summit County Private High School College Fair
- Wednesday, October 4 – 6:00 to 7:30 p.m.
- St. Vincent-St. Mary High School Student Center
- College Reps from all over the Nation
Northeast Ohio Suburban College Fair
- Thursday, October 12 – 6:30 to 8:00 pm.
- John Carroll University
- For more information: jcu.edu/adm-northeast-ohio-suburban-college-fair
All students are invited to join us after school for Art Club! We meet on Tuesdays in Room 136.
Urban Agriculture Club Meeting – August 29
All students in grades 9-12 are invited to the first Urban Agriculture Club meeting during both lunches. Bring your food and a friend to Room 137 and help grow fun and new ideas for what we do this year! Dessert will be provided.
Royal Fools Improv Practice – August 30
Do you like improv? All juniors and seniors are invited to be part of the Royal Fools. Join us for our first practice on Wednesday, August 30 at 3:00 p.m. in Room 118 to learn more.
Sisterhood Club Meeting – August 30
All high school girls are invited to the first Sisterhood meeting on Wednesday, August 30. Join us to learn more about who we are, what we do, and when our meetings are. We’d love to see you there!
DR Trip Applications Due September 8
LATE START DAYS
Mark your calendars with these upcoming late start days: August 23, 30 and September 6, 13, 20, 27. Classes begin at 9:22 a.m. on these days.
MIDDLE SCHOOL SHOW CHOIR STARTS AUGUST 21
Middle School Show Choir is open to ANY 6th, 7th or 8th graders WITHOUT an audition. Rehearsals are Mondays after school from, 3:00 to 4:30 p.m. starting Monday, August 21. Students MUST attend the first rehearsal to become a member. The Fall Semester Rehearsal Schedule is available HERE.
CVCA Football Game Themes
- August 24 – at Kent Roosevelt – “Country vs. Country Club”
- September 1 – vs. Woodridge – “Black-Out”
- September 8 – vs. Tuslaw – “Hawaiian”
- September 15 – at Canton South “70s Tie-Dye”
- September 22 – vs. Triway –Homecoming – “Neon”
- September 29 – at Fairless – “White-Out”
- October 6 – vs. Northwest – Senior Night – “Pink-Out”
- October 13 – at Orville – “Blue-Out”
- October 20 – at Manchester – “Pajamas”
1st Quarter Off-Season Strength & Conditioning Update
CVCA’s Strength and Conditioning Program has announced an update for their first quarter off-season schedule. Strength and Conditioning will continue to run Monday, Wednesday, and Friday during the 1st quarter. Boys will begin at 3:00 p.m. and girls will begin at 4:00 p.m. Start times flip at the start of each quarter. There will not be Speed School during the first quarter. It will return at the start of the second quarter. Contact Coach Olivia Carder at email@example.com with any questions.
2023-2024 Sports Passes
Sports Passes are now available for the 2023-2024 school year. Purchase a pass to gain admission to all home regular season contests at CVCA during this school year. Visit athletics.cvcaroyals.org/tickets (select “Get Pssses”) to place your order today. Passes are fully digital and will be scanned on your phone at each event you attend. We have options for students, seniors, adults, and families.
- All CVCA students have a FREE sports pass for the 2023-2024 school year. Student passes were sent by Hometown Ticketing via email on Wednesday, August 16.
- NOTE: We are moving to 100% digital passes. If you have a physical sports pass, please contact Ben Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org to get converted.
Athletics Live Stream
This year, CVCA continues their partnership with the NFHS Network to live stream home athletic contests. All home contests in Royals Stadium and Tim Beyerle Memorial Gymnasium will be available to watch live or on demand through our NFHS Network page. A subscription to the NFHS Network is required to view our games and will also provide you access to games streamed by other schools through the NFHS Network. One very exciting update this year is that home varsity football games will also be streamed to the CVCA Livestream YouTube page. No subscription required for YouTube games. Links to both can be found below.
CAUTION! There are many spammers out there, especially on social media, that share fake links to games. CVCA will only stream through its NFHS and/or YouTube channels. For away games, make sure any link is shared by an official school account.