What is the EdChoice Scholarship?
The EdChoice Scholarship (OEC) is a state-funded school choice option that assists families with the cost of private education. Every Ohio K-12 student in the State of Ohio is eligible for an OEC Scholarship.
What are the OEC Scholarship Requirements?
There are two types of EdChoice Scholarships: Traditional and Expansion.
The 2024-2025 Traditional EdChoice Scholarship is $8,408 for high school students and $6,166 for middle school students.
- If your child is assigned to a public school that is considered to be underperforming based on state requirements or if you are a certified foster family, you may be eligible for a Traditional EdChoice Scholarship.
- Please look HERE for more information.
The 2024-2025 EdChoice Expansion Scholarship amount is determined by a family’s income level and household size.
- Every family is eligible for at least a minimum scholarship, regardless of income.
- A family whose income is not more than 450% of the federal poverty level (example: a family of four with income of $140,400) would qualify for the full scholarship amount of $8,408 (grades 9-12) or $6,166 (grades 6-8). The scholarship amount is gradually reduced as a family’s income exceeds the 450% threshold.
- Use your household Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) from your 2023 tax return to determine your maximum per-child scholarship amount in the chart below.
2024-2025 EdChoice Scholarship Chart
How do I apply?
The process to apply for the Ohio EdChoice Scholarship is different depending on whether a student is new to EdChoice or renewing their current EdChoice Scholarship.
NEW to EdChoice:
Submit the following information to CVCA here: CVCA OEC Document Submission (A Google email address is required.)
Once we process your documents from the first step (above) we will email you a confirmation and provide instructions to complete income verification.
Note for Expansion Scholarship students: If your family has already completed income verification for the 2023-2024 school year, you do not need to submit income verification again for 2024-2025. However, see HERE to determine if you would benefit. (NOTE: If your FPL increased, submitting income verification may permanently reduce your scholarship amount.)
Note for Low-Income Status families: If your AGI is not more than 200% of the federal poverty level (see above chart), you may qualify for low-income status. Students applying for low-income status must submit income verification every year. Please wait for our email before submitting your income verification.
Expansion Scholarship students: Only low-income status (LIS) families who believe they will re-qualify for low-income status must submit income verification. However, for families who are not LIS, see HERE to determine if you would benefit. (NOTE: If your FPL increased, submitting income verification may permanently reduce your scholarship amount.)
Traditional Scholarship students: Only families applying for low-income status (LIS) must submit income verification.
Frequently Asked Questions
Once you submit your signed Scholarship Acceptance Letter to CVCA, we will apply the credit to your FACTS contract and update your remaining payment schedule. We will issue you a refund if your account is overpaid. Until then, FACTS will continue to process payments based on your current payment plan.
No. The scholarship window for the 2023-2024 school year is open until June 30, 2024. Please contact Matt Comrie for more information at email@example.com.