The Royal Weekly
September 25, 2023
Early Access Application for NEw Students
Current CVCA students DO NOT need to reapply for next year due to Continuous Re-enrollment.
CVCA families who will be adding a new student for the 2024-2025 school year can now apply through the Early Access Application. Admissions season begins for the general public on October 1. Due to anticipated high enrollment, we encourage you to apply now to secure your place in the admissions process!
New Mission Moments Video
Mission Moments videos are about communication and clarity. We currently have over 1,050 students and 700+ families spanning grades 6-12 and residing in eight different counties. This video series is a way to bring us all together each month to shine a light on some of the foundational aspects of CVCA and our mission of Educating and Cultivating Servants for Christ.
In this new video, the president of our school, Jason Spodnik, discusses what it means to Cultivate students at CVCA. Have you seen the other videos in this series? Check them out on the MY CVCA page.
9th Annual Golf OUting – September 30
The CVCA Booster Club invites you to its 9th Annual Golf Outing on Saturday, September 30 at Fox Den Golf Course. The event costs just $90 per golfer ($360 per foursome). Hole Sponsorships are available for $250. If you would like to golf and sponsor, select the Royal Sponsor package for only $550. We hope you will join us for a great day of golf in support of CVCA Athletics. Registration and more details are available HERE.
Carpool Zip Code Lists Available
If your family lives in a zip code that does not provide busing to CVCA, you may wish to contact our Office of Enrollment. We would love to provide you with a zip code list that can be utilized to help form carpools or find transportation help.
Student Wednesday morning worship – October 4
Students are invited to worship with CVCA staff on select Wednesday mornings throughout the year. Our first Wednesday Morning Worship will be on October 4 at 7:50 a.m. in the Chapel.
YouScience & Schedule Change for October 12
Parents of ninth graders: your student will report at the regular start of school time on Thursday, October 12 for YouScience testing. (Students in grades 10 and 11 will complete PSAT testing during the same time.)
Through a series of scientifically engineered brain puzzles, YouScience testing helps to provide CVCA educators and administrators a glimpse into each student’s unique design by God as social creatures, problem solvers, and learners. These insights allow our educators, counselors, and academic success staff to refine and individualize the ways we support each high school student’s learning and course scheduling. Ninth-grade students will complete these tests under the direction of specially designated teachers and be dismissed for an early pickup at 10:20 a.m. To avoid any disruption to ongoing PSAT testing, please pick up your ninth-grade student from the Learning Commons entrance (north side of school).
New! Shya Coffee Subscription Service
Shya Coffee introduced its Subscription Service launching on September 6! Check out their website to make an order, and learn more about how you can support their mission to help the women in Rwanda. Pickup is only available at the CVCA Welcome Center in the middle of each month.
If you are part of a corporation or business that would like to partner with Shya Coffee, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further discussion.
LATE START DAYS
Mark your calendars with these upcoming late start days: September 27 and October 4, 5, 11, 18, and 25. Classes begin at 9:22 a.m. on these days.
Middle School Nail Polish Club – October 6
Nail Polish Club is a stress-free time for middle school girls to hang out, talk, and paint nails after school. There is no cost to join and nail painting items are provided. We meet from 2:50 to 3:30 p.m. in Room 261 on the first and third Friday of each month.
Upcoming dates: October 6, 20
Last Thursday, seniors and their parents received an email containing the very important “Senior Checklist.” This list provides a central place for many important dates and links you’ll want to make note of for your senior year. If you haven’t seen it yet, please take a look HERE. Any questions? Reach out to Lisa Radecky at email@example.com.
Swim and Dive Team Meeting – October 3
The Swim and Dive Team will have an Informational Meeting on Tuesday, October 3 in the SOBE Room during both lunch periods. All high school students interested in Swim & Dive this winter should plan to attend. Questions? Contact Coach Suplit at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACT TEST PREP – OCTOBER 2, 4, 5
ACT test preparation is available at CVCA through our test prep partner, PATHworks! Students attend three sessions on October 2, 4, and 5, 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. in Room 112. The cost is $325 for all three classes. Questions may be directed to the PATHworks! class instructor, Patricia Smoot-Wicks, at email@example.com or 330-861-4973. Register HERE.
- First Class: Full practice test and score with feedback
- Second Class: GROUNDWork, English, and Math sections
- Third Class: Action Planning, Reading, and Science sections
Upcoming ACT Test dates: October 28 and December 9
College Rep Visits
Bring a firm handshake and a smile to meet these Admissions representatives! Stop by the Rasnick Center to learn more about these schools and how they might be a fit for you. Questions? See Mrs. Knapp or Mrs. Fridline in the Guidance Office.
- Ohio Army National Guard – September 26, 12:30–2:30 p.m.
- Xavier University – Cincinnati, OH – September 26, 12:30–2:30 p.m.
- High Point University – High Point, NC – September 27, 10:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- Baldwin Wallace University – Berea, OH – September 27, 10:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- Kenyon College – Gambier, OH – September 28, 10:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- University of Toledo – Toledo, OH – October 3, 11:00 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- Valparaiso University – Valparaiso, IN – October 3, 12:30–2:30 p.m.
- Duquesne University – Pittsburgh, PA – October 3, 12:30–2:30 p.m.
- University of Cincinnati-Main Campus – Cincinnati, OH – October 4, 10:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- Walsh University – North Canton, OH – October 17, 9:00–11:00 a.m.
- Lynn University – Boca Raton, FL – October 19, 10:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- University of Mount Union – Alliance, Ohio – October 23, 11:00 a.m.
- University of Dayton – Dayton, OH – October 25, 10:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- Defiance College – Defiance, OH – November 7, 12:30–2:30 p.m.
Local College Fairs
Northeast Ohio College and Career Fair
- Wednesday, September 27 – 9:00 to 11:30 a.m.
- Kent State University Memorial Athletic and Convocation Center (MACC)
- 120 Colleges, Universities, and Career Preparatory Organizations
Summit County Private High School College Fair
- Wednesday, October 4 – 6:00 to 7:30 p.m.
- St. Vincent-St. Mary High School Student Center
- College Reps from all over the Nation
Northeast Ohio Suburban College Fair
- Thursday, October 12 – 6:30 to 8:00 pm.
- John Carroll University
- For more information: jcu.edu/adm-northeast-ohio-suburban-college-fair
All students are invited to join us after school for Art Club! We meet on Tuesdays in Room 136.
Winter Sports Registraion
Attention Parents of Winter Athletes. Now is a great time to make sure your child is registered for their sport in FinalForms. Sign in HERE and visit the “My Students” page to confirm. Make sure you have a current sports physical on file and that all pre-participation paperwork has been completed. Registration will make sure you don’t miss information about the preseason, try-outs, or regular season. If you have questions about FinalForms, please contact Ben Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have sport specific questions, please contact your coach.
CVCA Football Game Themes
- September 29 – at Fairless – “White-Out”
- October 6 – vs. Northwest – Senior Night – “Pink-Out”
- October 13 – at Orville – “Blue-Out”
- October 20 – at Manchester – “Pajamas”
Check out what our Sponsor Companies can do for you!
If you are ever looking for services from a company that supports CVCA, please consider one of our Royals sponsors (realtors, dentistry, power washing, financial advisors, eye care, roofing, heating and cooling, and much more). If you use one of the companies, mention you heard about them at CVCA! Please visit our Athletics sponsors page for more information and links to sponsors websites.