The Royal Weekly
August 28, 2023
Thankful for a Great Start to the Year!
Thanks to the many hands who helped make the middle school and high school retreats run so well at Camp Carl. We want to thank the Camp Carl staff for their help, support, and energy after a very full summer.
Parents, thanks for your patience, support, and cooperation as we worked through all the communication and plans to get your students to and from camp safely. Each retreat was filled with many positive memories for our students and staff. God was working in the lives of our students throughout our time at Camp Carl. We invite you to join us in praying for how God will use those days for our school community. Thanks again for your trust in us!
Student Life Survey
Earlier this week, your student may have completed the CVCA Student Life Survey, an anonymous survey given to all CVCA students in sixth through twelfth grade. Used at CVCA for the past fifteen years, the survey is a valuable resource to get our students’ perspective on key issues they face each day. The internal anonymous survey identifies key ways we can best support and care for our students. Our administrative team reviews the survey questions each year, and to make sure the questions are relevant, we recently modified the survey slightly to be sure it is grade and age appropriate. Our goal is to make students aware that faculty and staff are available if they have any questions. We value your trust in the ministry here at CVCA.
New Family Tailgate – September 8
Make plans NOW to join us in welcoming our new families CVCA-style with lots of fun and a little fanfare too. Food trucks will be available for everyone before the game on Friday, September 8. Come grab a casual bite for dinner and mingle with friends both familiar and new. Let’s show everyone what this special community is all about!
Families of new students: Please register HERE to take part in some additional activities designed just for you!
Schedule of Events:
- 4:30 p.m. – Food Trucks available for dinner purchases.
- 5:30 p.m. – Royals Stadium opens. Mingle, take part in the pre-game fun, and enjoy FREE sweet and salty snacks in your exclusive end zone area.
- 7:00 p.m. – Kickoff! Get FREE entrance to the CVCA vs. Tuslaw football game and cheer on the Royals!
Moms in Prayer Starts September 1
The Moms in Prayer group will have its first meeting on Friday, September 1 from 8:00 to 9:00 a.m. After drop-off, parents can park and meet at the Welcome Center area by 7:55 a.m. Everyone will then go to the Athletic Conference room to pray for CVCA students, faculty, and staff. All moms are welcome to come. The group will continue to meet on Friday mornings. Questions? Email email@example.com.
Robotics Team Update
The CVCA Royal Technic Robotics team attended the BEST Robotics Kickoff at Grove City College last Saturday. The team will spend the next eight weeks designing and building a robot that completes tasks that simulate robotic surgery. The theme “Incision Decision” includes a field designed to model the human body and the robot will repair different organs within the body. The team will market their robot and present it in an exhibit. Royal Technic is comprised of students in all grades at CVCA. The BEST Robotics competition is held at Grove City College, October 20 and 21.
Review AND UPDATE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION
Parents, please update your contact information and make sure your email is correct in Family Portal so we can keep you informed. Please also add us to your “safe sender” list.
Important Health Clinic Information
- 7th, 12th, and New Students: as noted in the Student/Parent Handbook that was signed by every student and parent, immunization records are due by the 14th day of school, which is August 31, 2023. Please send records to the Health Clinic via email, mail, or hard copy to the Main Office.
- If an exemption is needed, please complete this Immunization Exemption Form and be sure to circle all vaccinations you would like the exemption to apply to.
- For students with an Anaphylactic Allergy, Asthma, Diabetes Mellitus, Chronic Migraines (under the specific care of a physician), and/or Seizures: an Action Plan, completed and signed by their physician, needs to be on file with us in order for us to appropriately care for your student. NOTE: Diabetic, Migraine, and Seizure Action Plans must come from the physician’s office.
- Allergy Action Plan
- Asthma Action Plan
In-School Epipens, Inhalers, and Medications:
- Our Health Clinic is happy to store your student’s Epipens, inhalers, and medications in a locked and designated drawer. Epipens and inhalers may be self-carried with expressed written permission by a physician.
- We need to have an Action Plan on file for every student carrying one of these diagnoses!
- If your student is to take a prescription medication daily during school hours, we would welcome you to utilize our resources in the Health Clinic. Prescription medications are kept in a locked drawer designated to your student and administered at the appropriate time by our Registered Nurses.
- Please complete and turn in this Medication Permission Form along with the medication in the original prescription bottle to the Health Clinic.
Our Health Clinic hours are 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and our phone number is 330-929-0575, ext. 216. We can also always be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for trusting us to care for your students! – Kendall, Erin, and Rachel
LATE START DAYS
Mark your calendars with these upcoming late start days: August 30 and September 6, 13, 20, 27. Classes begin at 9:22 a.m. on these days.
Middle Schoolers Enjoy an Exciting Start to the School YEar
What a wonderful start to the school year this has been. I (Mr. Iannetta) am blown away at the privilege to start the year at Camp Carl with our middle school students watching them not only grow closer as a class but also be challenged to grow deeper in their faith as they hear from the Word of God and worship Him together. The first week here at school has been great as students and faculty alike brought what they were challenged with at Camp back into the building.
Welcome to our New Middle School Assistant Principal
We are pleased to introduce our new Middle School Assistant Principal, Miss Sarah Telepak. With our growing middle school numbers, we want to make sure we have the staff to support our teachers and ultimately our families. We are blessed to have Miss Telepak on our team, and with her experience, she will bring much needed support in our Middle School Office.
Middle School Nail Polish Club
Nail Polish Club is a stress-free time for middle school girls to hang out, talk, and paint nails after school. There is no cost to join and nail painting items are provided. We meet from 2:50 to 3:30 p.m. in Room 261 on the first and third Friday of each month.
Upcoming dates: September 1, 15; October 6, 20
Academic Challenge Begins September 1
Are you aware of the program called Academic Challenge? It’s a great fit for students who like knowing and learning “fun facts” about various subjects. If you have ever seen the TV quiz show Academic Challenge, you might have a good idea of what our team trivia competitions entail. We want our program to be accessible to students who have a range of interests and might be involved in other activities. Sound like the kind of extracurricular activity your student might enjoy? Our first lunchtime practice is this Friday, September 1, and will be an informational meeting. Bring your lunch to Room 133 in the English hall. We’ll meet during both 5a and 5b, so come down either period.
Urban Agriculture Club Meeting – August 29
All students in grades 9-12 are invited to the first Urban Agriculture Club meeting during both lunches. Bring your food and a friend to Room 137 and help grow fun and new ideas for what we do this year! Dessert will be provided.
Sisterhood Club Meeting – September 6
All high school girls are invited to the first Sisterhood meeting which has been moved to September 6. Join us to learn more about who we are, what we do, and when our meetings are. We’d love to see you there!
Royal Fools Improv Practice – August 30
Do you like improv? All juniors and seniors are invited to be part of the Royal Fools. Join us for our first practice on Wednesday, August 30 at 3:00 p.m. in Room 118 to learn more.
DR Trip Applications Due September 8
Upcoming Local College Fairs
- Tuesday, August 29 – 6:00 to 7:30 p.m.
- Baldwin Wallace University
- Contact: Meredith Cannon at email@example.com
- Thursday, August 31 – 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Hall of Fame Village – Canton, Ohio
- For more information, contact Education@ProFootballHOF.com
- Tuesday, September 19 – 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- CVCA Royals Fieldhouse
- Register at myblueprintbarcode.com
- 40 Christian colleges represented
Northeast Ohio College and Career Fair
- Wednesday, September 27 – 9:00 to 11:30 a.m.
- Kent State University Memorial Athletic and Convocation Center (MACC)
- 120 Colleges, Universities, and Career Preparatory Organizations
Summit County Private High School College Fair
- Wednesday, October 4 – 6:00 to 7:30 p.m.
- St. Vincent-St. Mary High School Student Center
- College Reps from all over the Nation
Northeast Ohio Suburban College Fair
- Thursday, October 12 – 6:30 to 8:00 pm.
- John Carroll University
- For more information: jcu.edu/adm-northeast-ohio-suburban-college-fair
All students are invited to join us after school for Art Club! We meet on Tuesdays in Room 136.
CVCA Football Game Themes
- September 1 – vs. Woodridge – “Black-Out”
- September 8 – vs. Tuslaw – “Hawaiian”
- September 15 – at Canton South “70s Tie-Dye”
- September 22 – vs. Triway –Homecoming – “Neon”
- September 29 – at Fairless – “White-Out”
- October 6 – vs. Northwest – Senior Night – “Pink-Out”
- October 13 – at Orville – “Blue-Out”
- October 20 – at Manchester – “Pajamas”
1st Quarter Off-Season Strength & Conditioning Update
CVCA’s Strength and Conditioning Program has announced an update for their first quarter off-season schedule. Strength and Conditioning will continue to run Monday, Wednesday, and Friday during the 1st quarter. Boys will begin at 3:00 p.m. and girls will begin at 4:00 p.m. Start times flip at the start of each quarter. There will not be Speed School during the first quarter. It will return at the start of the second quarter. Contact Coach Olivia Carder at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
2023-2024 Sports Passes
Sports Passes are now available for the 2023-2024 school year. Purchase a pass to gain admission to all home regular season contests at CVCA during this school year. Visit athletics.cvcaroyals.org/tickets (select “Get Passes”) to place your order today. Passes are fully digital and will be scanned on your phone at each event you attend. We have options for students, seniors, adults, and families.
- All CVCA students have a FREE sports pass for the 2023-2024 school year. Student passes were sent by Hometown Ticketing via email on Wednesday, August 16.
- NOTE: We are moving to 100% digital passes. If you have a physical sports pass, please contact Ben Miller at email@example.com to get converted.
Athletics Live Stream
This year, CVCA continues their partnership with the NFHS Network to live stream home athletic contests. All home contests in Royals Stadium and Tim Beyerle Memorial Gymnasium will be available to watch live or on demand through our NFHS Network page. A subscription to the NFHS Network is required to view our games and will also provide you access to games streamed by other schools through the NFHS Network. One very exciting update this year is that home varsity football games will also be streamed to the CVCA Livestream YouTube page. No subscription required for YouTube games. Links to both can be found below.
CAUTION! There are many spammers out there, especially on social media, that share fake links to games. CVCA will only stream through its NFHS and/or YouTube channels. For away games, make sure any link is shared by an official school account.