Experience Schools of Distinction Coordinator
Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy is seeking an Experience Schools of Distinction (SOD) Coordinator. This position oversees the development and coordination of value-added experiences for all participating students in collaboration with the directors of CVCA’s Schools of Distinction. The Coordinator will execute a vision for the growth of both the quality and quantity of these opportunities in order to elevate the SOD experience for all participating students.
This position has currently been established as a part-time position but has the potential to be full-time. This position reports directly to the Dean of Faculty.
Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy is a non-profit ministry that is dedicated to Educating and Cultivating Servants for Christ. We are a middle and senior high school committed to high academic standards. Our biblically-integrated, college-preparatory curriculum is delivered by a dedicated staff of Christian professionals. We are committed to teaching from a biblical worldview and philosophy. We are committed to providing our students with experiences that will foster in them a servant’s heart, including extra-curricular activities, interscholastic athletics, music, theater, short-term mission trips, and numerous service opportunities. CVCA aims to create a Christian school community characterized by transforming relationships that produce a lived-out faith in the lives of our students, our faculty and our staff.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a personal, active, and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with CVCA’s mission statement, statement of faith, core values, cultural priorities, policies, and expectations
- Faithfully uphold CVCA in prayer
- Collaborate with the Dean of Faculty to create an annual plan for experiential learning opportunities
- Develop and manage a system for tracking student progress on experiences
- Assist in facilitating CVCA-directed experiences in collaboration with the School of Distinction Directors
- Coordinate with community organizations to facilitate student experiences as needed
- Assist in coaching students to maximize their experience selections over their two years in the Schools of Distinction
- Review student progress and advise for graduating with distinction designation
- Assist in the coordination of the School of Distinction Advocates
- Serve on the School of Distinction Advisory Committee
- Other duties as assigned
What we are looking for:
- Commitment to Christ-honoring excellence
- Understanding of a Christian academic culture
- Conviction about the importance of Christian education
- Knowledge of the cognitive, social, and emotional development of learners
- Knowledge of contemporary learning strategies and instructional methodology
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Ministry-minded in the ability to build relationships effectively and professionally with families and students
- Well-organized self-starter that is capable of multitasking
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency
- Understands the importance of teamwork
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative, creative, and constructive
- Relationship development skills, self-awareness, and high emotional intelligence
- Strong leadership skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Effective, active listening skills
- Well-organized self-starter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Christ-like integrity
- Proficient in Google Suite (e.g., Calendar, Docs, Forms, Sheets, etc.), Microsoft Office, e-mail, internet, and other relevant software; ability to operate standard office equipment
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in a professional environment
What you can expect:
- A focused effort to impact others and make a difference in their lives for Jesus Christ
- A Christ-honoring and collaborative work environment
- An excellent workplace/facility to work in
- Fair and just compensation
How to apply:
Please apply by submitting a cover letter, your resume, and the CVCA Application to HR@cvcaroyals.org.
To complete the Digital Application:
- Open the CVCA Employment Application pdf.
- Complete the Application online.
- Save your changes.
- Download the completed Application to your desktop.
- Email your completed CVCA Employment Application pdf and all other required documents to HR@cvcaroyals.org.
Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy, founded in 1968, is a private, college-preparatory, non-denominational Christian middle and high school that seeks to Educate and Cultivate Servants for Christ. Students meet rigorous admissions standards both academically and spiritually. CVCA’s 850 students, of whom 25% represent minority populations, come from a seven-county area. Our facilities include a 177,000-square-foot building with state-of-the-art technology,
7 science labs, 31,000 square-foot fieldhouse and competition gymnasium, a 600-seat chapel/auditorium, and 70 acres of sports facilities, including a turf stadium and all-weather track. CVCA is fully committed to maintaining an ethnically/culturally diverse faculty and student body within a biblical community.
Our biblically-integrated, college-preparatory curriculum is delivered by a dedicated staff of Christian professionals. We are committed to teaching from a biblical worldview and philosophy. We are committed to providing our students with experiences that will foster in them a servant’s heart, including extra-curricular activities, interscholastic athletics, music, theater, short-term mission trips, and numerous service opportunities. CVCA aims to create a Christian school community characterized by transforming relationships that produce a lived-out faith in the lives of our students, our faculty and our staff.