Continuing to Celebrate our 50th Year!
MARCH 16, 2019
The Royal Evening is a CVCA community-wide celebration of God’s faithfulness to the school and an opportunity to raise funds for CVCA financial assistance. Last year the Royal Evening raised more than $205,000.
Enjoy a plated dinner, visit with new and old friends, and celebrate how the Lord has used the ministry of CVCA to impact the hearts and minds of students for 50 years! You’ll have the opportunity to browse a variety of silent auction items and participate in the fun of the live auction – all to benefit student financial assistance.
• 5:00 p.m. – Silent Auction and hors d’oeuveres
• 7:00 p.m. – Dinner followed by Live Auction
• CVCA Tim Beyerle Memorial Gymnasium
• Formal attire requested
Everyone can be part of the Royal Evening:
Saturday, March 16, 2019
• 5:00 p.m. – Silent auction and hors d’oeuveres
• 7:00 p.m. – Dinner followed by live auction
• Formal attire requested
• CVCA Tim Beyerle Memorial Gymnasium
All types of auction donations are welcome: items, experiences, services, trips. We love to see the creativity of our donors!
Individual classes are compiling Class Gifts. For more information, contact [email protected].
For more donation ideas, take a look at the Royal Evening Amazon Wishlist.
SoL Harris Day – Big Board/Silver Sponsor
“Proverbs 22:6: Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.” SoL Harris Day is celebrating the 50th year of partnering with outstanding institutions such as CVCA to creatively design spaces in which the organization can effectively carry out its mission. CVCA’s commitment to training students to excel in the mission field and the marketplace, while following God with their whole heart, transforms this world and will leave an impact for generations to come.
2019 Royal Evening Sponsors:
BBS & Associates
Donovan, Klimczak and Company
Re/Max Results – Bettie Schmikla
Wealth Impact Advisors (Mike Kura & Eric Coffman)
Don Sitts Auto Sales
FACTS Management Company
Foster’s Janitorial Services, Inc.
Marhoffer Chevrolet, Inc.
Redmon Funeral Home
Thompson LawnCare, Inc.
Perrin Asphalt & Concrete
2019 Auction Donations To-Date:
• CVCA 2019 Graduation Reserved Seating
View the CVCA 2019 graduation ceremony from the best seats in the house. Ten reserved seats at EJ Thomas Hall in the middle section of the first row in the Grand Tier will provide the perfect spot for you and your family to view the memorable occasion. New this year, to sweeten the deal, you will also receive two reserved parking spaces in the parking deck, right next to the door.
Donated by CVCA
• CVCA Priority Parking
Guaranteed parking spot of your choosing at CVCA for the entire 2019-2020 school year. Winner gets their choice of the front of the school or outside the Learning Commons. Give your student or yourself “rock star” parking.
Donated by CVCA
• One week in a two-bedroom master suite at a Grand Mayan resort in Mexico (https://www.vidanta.com/web/puerto-penasco/the-grand-mayan)
• Senior Class Picture – Signed by seniors
• Graduation Dessert Spread
Enjoy a two-tiered cake to serve 30 people, four dozen cupcakes, and a large cookie tray.
• Tour of three Cleveland skyscrapers with $100 dining gift card
• Silver and onyx bracelet from Alson Jewelers (valued at $1,000)
• Dinner at DANTE
Four people will have a unique dining opportunity at the chef’s table in the kitchen of DANTE, Dante Boccuzzi’s restaurant in the Tremont neighborhood of Cleveland. You will be the special guest of Dante Boccuzzi, nationally renowned chef, restaurateur, and CVCA graduate. While at the chef’s table, Dante will explain each course and its ingredients. An epicurean experience to remember! (For a mutually agreed date in 2019)
Donated by Dante Boccuzzi ’89
• Lasik Surgery
The Davis Eye Center, located in Cuyahoga Falls, will extend the safest and most advanced Laser Vision correction to date. The Wavelight Refractive Suite consists of the world’s fastest and most precise combination of lasers available to deliver optimum results to you with personalized care. (Expires April 1, 2020)
Donated by Dr. and Mrs. Charles Davis
• Hopkins Bay Belize Beach House
This one-week stay in Belize ensures relaxation, contentment, and amazement in this tropical vacation spot! The getaway includes one week in a three-bedroom, two-story house at the Hopkins Bay Resort. Enjoy a shared kitchen and living space, multiple balconies, a deck, and three bedrooms, each with a private bath. The 2,500 square foot home is a great fit for families or groups of friends wishing to enjoy a relaxed Belize vacation in a Caribbean-style beach house.
2 Master Bedrooms with King Bed, Futon, and Television
1 Guest Bedroom with Queen Bed
Full Kitchen complete with Coffee-Maker, Cooking Utensils, Dishwasher, Microwave, Refrigerator and Stove
Complimentary Purified Water
Shared Lounge Area with Flat Screen Television
Private Decks with Garden and Ocean Views
3 Full Baths
Comfortable, Relaxed Furnishings
Natural Stone and Hardwood Floors
Iron and Ironing Board upon request
Custom Cabinetry and Granite Countertops
The Work of Local Artists
$2,500 towards airfare is provided by the Parents of Alumni.
This trip also includes an Ancient Mayan chocolate tour. On the tour, you will learn about the importance of chocolate and the variety of ways it is used in practical everyday things. The tour certificate is good for five people and expires one year after purchase. It is also transferable. (Please provide at least one day’s notice prior to arrival.)
Donated by Carol Foote and Brian White, Parents of Alumni, and Lamanai Chocolate, Co.
• Beaver Creek Resort
Enjoy a one-week stay at this beautifully furnished penthouse condo at Beaver Creek Ski Resort in Colorado. The three-bedroom, 3.5 bath unit sleeps 8-10 people with a large great room, fireplace, and modern kitchen. You can take in a full view of the ski slopes and overlook the cozy village and shops. The condo is a short walk from the Beaver Creek ski lifts or a 15-minute drive to Vail. (The condo is NOT available during Christmas break. To be used at a mutually agreed upon date. Must be used prior to 4/30/20.)
Donated by Don and Marianne Richards
• CVCA License Plate
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. The CVCA vanity plate was donated this year by a longtime CVCA employee. The CVCA Ohio plate is ready to be signed over to your car pending your registration. It has only been available twice in the past 20 years. Show your CVCA spirit with this special license plate.
Donated by Bill and Linda Rocha
• Golf at Firestone Golf Course and Hunting/Axe Throwing Experience
This fun time in the great outdoors includes 18 holes of golf at Firestone Country Club for four people on the famed South Course and lunch in the Grille Room on the date and time of your choosing. The package also includes a hunting experience with Tired Dog gaming. Bring your own hunting dog or the hunting dog in residence would be happy to help. Finish by learning how to throw an axe with a fully-instructed hour for four people.
Donated by Larry Rybka and Tired Dog Gaming
• Football Team Yard Cleanup
Are you looking for an extra set of hands to help with your fall yard chores? The CVCA boys football team will be deployed to do all you ask: mulching, raking, digging garden beds, painting fences, etc. With 48 player and coaches on hand, your tasks will be done in a jiffy. Or you can share the football team’s labors with your neighbors who might need a hand. (Scheduled on a mutually agreed upon date on a Saturday afternoon in the fall by Coach Larlham.)
Donated by the CVCA Football Team
• Female Soft-coated Wheaten Terrier Puppy
Heralding a history from Ireland’s sheepherding population, this female soft-coated Wheaten Terrier was born on January 20th from local breeder Cottage Pups. Just shy of eight weeks old, this female puppy sports a brown/black coat that will turn a more beige color when it is 6-9 months old. She will grow to about 25 lbs. This sweet puppy is present with us for show this evening but will be need to be picked up from the breeder in Kent on March 20th. The puppy will go home from the breeder with you with some food, toy, comb, leash, and collar. Dr. Ryan Gates will provide the initial puppy care visits along with spaying.
Donated by Cottage Pups and Dr. Ryan Gates ’97
• One week at a vacation home in Belize
• Sheraton Suites – One night in a standard luxury suite for two
• Oak Cove Getaway – All inclusive three days and two nights trip for two
• Glamping in Hocking Hills in a yurt – Donated by the 11th and 12th grade classes
• Trip to visit the Museum of the Bible in Washington DC – Donated by the 9th grade class
• Fall week condo in Breckenridge, Colorado
• Fall week condo in Hilton Head, North Carolina
• Timeshare rights to a condo in Orlando, Florida
• Foursome of golf at Firestone Country Club
• Cavs Suite for April 9 Charlotte Hornets game – includes 12 seats, three parking passes, and food
• Monsters Suite for April 12 Charlotte Checkers game – 12 seats, three parking passes, and food
• Signed lithographs of Hank AAron, Len Barker (when he threw his no-hitter), and Bob Feller
• Genard Avery autographed football
• Custom t-shirt quilt by Gini Thompson
• CVCA swag basket
• Reserved seating for 2019 graduation ceremony at EJ Thomas Performing Arts Hall
• Reserved parking spot at school
• 16 x 20 Canvas Print – Royal Stadium Fly-Over
• 16 x 20 Canvas Print – CVCA Property Fly-Over
• CVCA crochet blanket
• A full week of prepared lunches delivered
• Meal delivery service – four dinners delivered to your home
• Two dozen cakepops
• Graduation party desserts – cake and cookies
• Spa day for two at Gavin Scott Salon
• Private shopping for 12 at Blue in downtown Akron
• A 60-minute massage
• Interior decorating consultation
• Gourmet popcorn food truck at your event for a few hours
• Tour of Ice cream shops – Donated by the 8th grade class
• Tour of donut shops – Donated by the 6th grade class
• Tour of pizza shops – Donated by the 10th grade class
• Ladies night out paint pouring craft night with Mrs. McSparran – Donated by Mrs. McSparran and CVCA staff/faculty
• Gift cards of all kinds – Donated by the 7th grade class
• Beautiful cross quilt
• T-shirt throw quilt customized with your own t-shirts
• Biblical verse plaque – “As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”
• Petitti $25 Gift Card
• WhirlyBall and LaserTag Coupon
• Fun-n-Stuff Gift Cards
• MAPS Air Museum 2 free admission passes during regular hours
• Parasson’s $30 Gift Card
• Summit County Historical Society one-year membership
• McKinley Presidential Library one-day pass for up to two guests
• Seaglass Photography- $545 gift certificate for custom artwork
• Splatter Park five $70 certificates for two rental packages
• Amazing Grace Wall Hanging – 18×24 framed artwork of the Amazing Grace sheet music
• 2 passes to Great Oaks Cinema
• Two passes to Ravenna 7 Movie Theater
• Two passes to Lake 8 Theater
• Complete dental care basket
• Nespresso Machine with pods
• Instapot with cookbook
Please contact Kristin Nichols at [email protected] for more information.
“When I think of the Royal Evening after I attended the first time last year, I think of mingling, hors d’oeuvres, laughter, getting to meet people, entertainment, generosity, seeing God work, celebration, and blessing.”
Parent of CVCA 9th grader and 7th grader