Hello, and welcome to this year’s first Alumni Newsletter! We are excited to offer this e-newsletter to keep you informed and provide ways you can be involved at your alma mater. Inside this edition, you’ll find:
- Highlights of what’s happening on CVCA’s campus, including our recent Homecoming festivities
- Information about upcoming events
- Ways to get involved with the CVCA community
We would love to hear from you!
Do you have life updates, exciting news, or any announcements you would like to share with your fellow alumni? We would love to celebrate with you and include them in the Echoes section of the December 2023 Trumpeter magazine.
We would also love to know what you would like to hear about in The Trumpeter. Do you have ideas or questions about the school that you would like us to cover? Let us know!
You can use the button below to submit all of your Trumpeter information. We appreciate it!
The Trumpeter Magazine
Speaking of The Trumpeter… If you don’t receive the CVCA magazine by mail but would like to, please let us know. Or, if you do receive a printed publication but would prefer a digital version instead, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past issues of The Trumpeter are always available on our Publications and Videos page, or you can access it through the button above.
Did you make it back for Homecoming? We had such a great turnout on a beautiful evening. Over 500 alumni enjoyed food trucks, complimentary treats and swag, VIP end zone mingling space and seating during the football game, and tours of the campus.
If you weren’t able to join us, plan to attend in September 2024. We’d love to see you and treat you to a special evening!
What’s Happening on Campus
If you haven’t been back to campus lately, you’d be pleasantly surprised at how the school has grown – in enrollment, programming, and campus improvements. It’s an exciting time to be a student at CVCA!
The Royal Technic Robotics Team recently competed at Grove City College in the BEST Robotics Hub competition. CVCA’s team of 6th-12th graders won three first place finishes, one second, one third, and first place in the BEST Overall Award. The team is now preparing for the Denver, Colorado Regional Championships.
With our growing middle school numbers, we want to make sure we have the staff to support our teachers and ultimately our families. We are pleased to announce that we have added Miss Sarah Telepak to our team!
Our Schools of Distinction have been doing amazing things. Check out what our School of Business and Entrepreneurship is up to in their most recent newsletter.
Do you have a student that you would like to attend CVCA next fall? Or do you know someone who may be interested in CVCA? Please invite them to our Family Preview Night on November 7. Learn more and register below.
Also, we are experiencing a large volume of applications, so we encourage interested families to apply soon!
The Campaign for Mission Advancement
CVCA is in the middle of an initiative that will invest in PEOPLE, FACILITIES, and PROGRAMS to advance our mission of Educating and Cultivating Servants for Christ. This exciting
It has been exciting to welcome more families to CVCA, but this enrollment growth has resulted in max capacity for our current square footage. So, part of this campaign includes a much-needed new wing of classrooms scheduled to be completed in August of 2024. Check out all of the plans HERE!
YOU Can Make a Difference at CVCA…
We value our alumni and hope you’ll decide to stay involved at your alma mater. Listed here are just a few of the many ways you can make a difference at CVCA. (Click on the arrow for more information.)
We are always looking for mentors and speakers to help with the “Experience” portion of our Schools of Distinction. There are many opportunities for you to volunteer your time, however much you have. Below is a list of opportunities we need career-guided mentors for, with approximate time commitments.
To volunteer, please contact Reanna Martin, our Schools of Distinction Coordinator using the “SOD MENTOR/LEADER” button.
Career Window – One-time 1-1.5 hour commitment on a Tuesday
- Speakers come into the school and share with students about their career, what educational paths they took to get there, and advice or stories about their career.
- Speakers meet with the students during their lunch period for a 15-minute presentation and 10 minutes of questions.
Career and Calling- Advisors – 1-1.5 hours, 4 times over the course of a month for 4 hours total
- Career and Calling is a small group guided study program.
- Students are matched with advisors who lead conversations on spiritual gifts, education, professionalism, faith, accountability, and ethics.
- Advisors share real-life experiences as they relate to session topics, and offer guidance on college/major selections and career goal planning.
Career Learning and Study Program (CLASP) Mentors – 1-2 meetings per month all year
- CLASP is an immersive one-on-one learning (co-op or internship style) curriculum supervised by CVCA community professional mentors designed for the highly motivated, career-focused School of Distinction students wanting to independently study a specific career path.
- CLASP students meet with mentors 1-2 times per month, complete monthly CLASP assignments, and participate in shadowing experiences.
It’s NOT too good to be true!
Have you heard the exciting news about Ohio’s state tax credit for taxpayers who make a contribution to CVCA through a Scholarship Granting Organization (SGO)? That’s right! If you donate to CVCA via an SGO, the state will give you full credit for the donation on your next tax statement, resulting in absolutely no cost to you.
- Your donation will give students needing financial assistance the opportunity to attend CVCA.
- Married couples can donate up to $1,500 and single taxpayers up to $750 every year!
- Donations for 2023 can be made through April 15, 2024.
- All Ohio taxpayers can contribute regardless of whether or not they have a student attending CVCA, so please share this opportunity with your friends and family!
- More information is available HERE. Questions? Contact John Harabedian, CVCA Director of Development at email@example.com for more information.
Do you enjoy helping others? Want to get involved with CVCA but don’t know where to start? Please use the “EVENT VOLUNTEER” button to let us know what you’re interested in and where you believe your God-given talents can best be used. Thank you in advance for wanting to help serve the CVCA community!
Alumni leaders are needed on the 7th Grade Jterm retreat to Camp Carl on January 3-5, 2024. If you are interested, please contact Kaitlin Blanchard using the button at left.
Educating and Cultivating Servants for Christ