The Royal Weekly
September 5, 2023
Student Life Survey
Earlier this week, your student may have completed the CVCA Student Life Survey, an anonymous survey given to all CVCA students in sixth through twelfth grade. Used at CVCA for the past fifteen years, the survey is a valuable resource to get our students’ perspective on key issues they face each day. The internal anonymous survey identifies key ways we can best support and care for our students. Our administrative team reviews the survey questions each year, and to make sure the questions are relevant, we recently modified the survey slightly to be sure it is grade and age appropriate. Our goal is to make students aware that faculty and staff are available if they have any questions. We value your trust in the ministry here at CVCA.
New Family Tailgate – September 8
- 4:30 – 5:30 p.m. – Food Trucks available for dinner purchases by New Families.
- 5:30 p.m. – Food Trucks available for dinner purchases by all. Royals Stadium opens. Mingle, take part in the pre-game fun, and enjoy FREE sweet and salty snacks in your exclusive end zone area.
- 7:00 p.m. – Kickoff! Get FREE entrance to the CVCA vs. Tuslaw football game and cheer on the Royals!
Jterm Registration Begins September 10
We are looking ahead to Jterm 2024!
- Jterm registration opens for seniors and juniors on Sunday afternoon, September 10, 2023.
- Registration opens for sophomores and freshmen on Sunday, September 17, 2023.
- Registration and payments are completed online.
MIDDLE SCHOOL students are automatically enrolled for their grade-specific Jterm. More detailed information about Excelerate (6th grade), Elevate (7th grade), and Prepare to Believe (8th grade) will be forthcoming from the leaders of these Jterm experiences.
For HIGH SCHOOL students, Jterm/Mterm participation is a graduation requirement each year a student is enrolled at CVCA. Please see the Jterm 2024 Course and Trip Offerings HERE. We encourage you to spend time as a family discussing which options might be beneficial and financially feasible for your student. Costs and details for each Jterm opportunity are listed in the document. Full payment will be due at registration.
High school students must enroll in one of the following options:
- All-day class
- Morning (AM) and afternoon (PM) class sessions – Creating a full-day experience
- Trip (deposit required at the time of registration)
- Career Experience Opportunity (grades 11-12)
Important Note: Winter athletes are expected to select a local Jterm opportunity, provided their team is not offering a “team Jterm,” so they can participate in practices and games as outlined in the Student/Parent Handbook. Any questions or concerns regarding this policy should be directed to the Athletic Department. Wrestling and Hockey have opportunities available for their team members.
Picture Day – September 15
Student Picture Day is Friday, September 15. Dress according to the CVCA Student Appearance Standards. Parents will receive an order link via email.
Spirit Week – September 18-22
Spirit Week is coming up! Start planning now for this week’s fun activities. Dress-up Guidelines are available on the MY CVCA page.
- MONDAY: Class Color Day
- 6th Grade – Red
- 7th Grade – Yellow
- 8th Grade – Turquoise
- 9th Grade – Orange
- 10th Grade – Purple
- 11th Grade – Lime Green
- 12th Grade – Bright Pink
- TUESDAY: Twins Day
- WEDNESDAY: Anything but a Backpack Day
- THURSDAY: House Color Day
- Middle school students wear their Class Retreat T-shirts
- FRIDAY: Neon Day
Homecoming Service Project for Haven of Rest
For our annual Spirit Week Outreach, we are collecting items for Haven of Rest Ministries. Join us in helping others in need. The High School will compete for points within Houses. Middle school will compete for points toward their own Spirit Stick! Large cardboard donation boxes will be available in the hallways marked with each grade level. Choose from any of the following items, divided by House and/or grade level:
- DOUGLASS: toothpaste, tooth brushes, hand wipes/hand sanitizer, boxes of tissue
- TOZER: white socks, gloves, knit hats, warm scarves
- LEWIS: box of cereal, salad dressing, fruit cups
- ELLIOTT: body wash, shampoo, toilet paper
- 8TH GRADE: granola bars, boxed crackers, store-bought cookies
- 7TH GRADE: peanut butter, jelly, nuts
- 6TH GRADE: baby wipes, baby food, diapers
New! Shya Coffee Subscription Service
Shya Coffee introduces its Subscription Service launching on September 6! Check out their website to make an order, and learn more about how you can support their mission to help the women in Rwanda
If you are part of a corporation or business that would like to partner with Shya Coffee, contact email@example.com for further discussion.
LATE START DAYS
Mark your calendars with these upcoming late start days: September 6, 13, 20, 27. Classes begin at 9:22 a.m. on these days.
JumpStart Rewind – September 12
All 7th graders and their families are invited to JumpStart REWIND on Tuesday, September 12, 6:45 to 8:30 p.m.! The event begins with an ice cream social in the Rasnick Center and is followed by a time of worship and reflection on what God did in the lives of the 7th graders who attended JumpStart. Don’t miss this special evening. You will be inspired by the testimonies you hear and the chance to get a window into what it was like to experience JumpStart this year. All family members are welcome!
Middle School Nail Polish Club
Nail Polish Club is a stress-free time for middle school girls to hang out, talk, and paint nails after school. There is no cost to join and nail painting items are provided. We meet from 2:50 to 3:30 p.m. in Room 261 on the first and third Friday of each month.
Upcoming dates: September 15 and October 6, 20
Chick-Fil-A for all new High School Students – September 6
All new high school students will be treated to a FREE Chick-Fil-A meal during their lunch periods on Wednesday, September 6, hosted by the Student Ministries Office (The SMO). Come grab your lunch in Founders Plaza (the courtyard outside the Rasnick Center) and meet our SMO staff and find out about the resources SMO has to offer.
Sisterhood Club Meeting – September 6
All high school girls are invited to the first Sisterhood meeting which has been moved to September 6. Join us to learn more about who we are, what we do, and when our meetings are. We’d love to see you there!
DR Trip Applications Due September 8
Homecoming Dance – September 23
GLOW UP! We’re shining bright under neon lights! Sophomores, juniors, or seniors are invited to attend this year’s Homecoming Dance!
- Saturday, September 23, 7:30-10:00 p.m.
- CVCA Gymnasium and Rasnick Center
- FOOD TRUCKS (Swensons, Barrio, Pavs Creamery, Beverages), Salad Choices, Candy Bar, DJ, Dancing, Games, Prizes, Bonfires, S’mores, and More
- Tickets: $20 each (ticket fee will be charged to your FACTS account) To purchase, bring your parent-signed waiver (SEE BELOW) to the Welcome Center Lobby Monday, September 11 through Tuesday, September 19.
- To purchase a guest ticket for a non-CVCA sophomore, junior, or senior, you’ll also need a copy of their photo ID, parent-signed Event Waiver, and signed Administrator Form (from visiting school) – SEE BELOW.
- SORRY, NO FRESHMEN. This dance privilege is open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors only.
To purchase tickets:
Upcoming Local College Fairs
Christian College Fair
- Tuesday, September 19 – 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- CVCA Royals Fieldhouse
- Register at myblueprintbarcode.com
- 40 Christian colleges represented
Northeast Ohio College and Career Fair
- Wednesday, September 27 – 9:00 to 11:30 a.m.
- Kent State University Memorial Athletic and Convocation Center (MACC)
- 120 Colleges, Universities, and Career Preparatory Organizations
Summit County Private High School College Fair
- Wednesday, October 4 – 6:00 to 7:30 p.m.
- St. Vincent-St. Mary High School Student Center
- College Reps from all over the Nation
Northeast Ohio Suburban College Fair
- Thursday, October 12 – 6:30 to 8:00 pm.
- John Carroll University
- For more information: jcu.edu/adm-northeast-ohio-suburban-college-fair
All students are invited to join us after school for Art Club! We meet on Tuesdays in Room 136.
Pink-Out Football Game – October 6
On October 6 (last home football game), CVCA will Tackle Cancer! Young’s Screenprinting in Stow is boosting our efforts by selling CVCA Football Pink-Out T-shirts. Order your shirt HERE between September 5 and 17 .
9th Annual Golf OUting – September 30
The CVCA Booster Club invites you to its 9th Annual Golf Outing. The primary mission of the Booster Club is to support CVCA student-athletes by financially assisting all athletic programs. The Booster Club helps pay for state tournaments, uniforms, gear, Jterm trips, team devotional materials, and anything “extra” that coaches need to fulfill the CVCA Athletics Mission Statement: Building Christ-like Character as Ambassadors for Christ through Competitive Excellence.
This year’s event will be held on Saturday, September 30 at Fox Den Golf Course in Stow. The event costs just $90 per golfer ($360 per foursome). Hole Sponsorships are available for $250. If you would like to golf and sponsor, select the Royal Sponsor package for only $550. We hope you will join us for a great day of golf in support of CVCA Athletics. Details and Registration are available HERE.
CVCA Football Game Themes
- September 8 – vs. Tuslaw – “Hawaiian”
- September 15 – at Canton South – “70s Tie-Dye”
- September 22 – vs. Triway –Homecoming – “Neon”
- September 29 – at Fairless – “White-Out”
- October 6 – vs. Northwest – Senior Night – “Pink-Out”
- October 13 – at Orville – “Blue-Out”
- October 20 – at Manchester – “Pajamas”