The Royal Weekly
September 11, 2023
Jterm 2024 Registration
Jterm registration has begun for juniors and seniors. Please note that the link will close at the end of the day on Tuesday, September 12, allowing us to prepare the sophomore and freshman registration that will take place on Sunday, September 17.
HIGH SCHOOL students must enroll in one of the following options:
- All-day class
- Morning and afternoon class sessions – creating a full-day experience
- Trip (a deposit is required at the time of registration)
- Career Experience Opportunity (grades 11-12)
MIDDLE SCHOOL students are automatically enrolled for their grade-specific Jterm. More detailed information about Excelerate (6th grade), Elevate (7th grade), and Prepare to Believe (8th grade) will be forthcoming from the leaders of these Jterm experiences.
Important Note: High school winter athletes are expected to select a local Jterm opportunity, provided their team is not offering a “team Jterm,” so they can participate in practices and games as outlined in the Student/Parent Handbook. Any questions or concerns regarding this policy should be directed to the Athletic Department. Wrestling and Hockey have opportunities available for their team members.
Spirit Week – September 18-22
Spirit Week is coming up! Start planning now for this week’s fun activities. Dress-up Guidelines are available on the MY CVCA page.
- MONDAY: Class Color Day
- 6th Grade – Red
- 7th Grade – Yellow
- 8th Grade – Turquoise
- 9th Grade – Orange
- 10th Grade – Purple
- 11th Grade – Lime Green
- 12th Grade – Bright Pink
- TUESDAY: Twins Day
- WEDNESDAY: Anything but a Backpack Day
- Item may not be bigger than a laundry basket or require additional props, including non-CVCA students or pets.
- Costume for the day may consist of sweatpants and spirit-wear t-shirts that follow the Dress-up Guidelines.
- THURSDAY: House Color Day
- Middle school students wear their Class Retreat T-shirts
- FRIDAY: Neon Day
Homecoming Service Project for Haven of Rest
For our annual Spirit Week Outreach, we are collecting items for Haven of Rest Ministries. Join us in helping others in need. The High School will compete for points within Houses. Middle school will compete for points toward their own Spirit Stick! Large cardboard donation boxes will be available in the hallways marked with each grade level. Choose from any of the following items, divided by House and/or grade level:
- DOUGLASS: toothpaste, tooth brushes, hand wipes/hand sanitizer, boxes of tissue
- TOZER: white socks, gloves, knit hats, warm scarves
- LEWIS: box of cereal, salad dressing, fruit cups
- ELLIOTT: body wash, shampoo, toilet paper
- 8TH GRADE: granola bars, boxed crackers, store-bought cookies
- 7TH GRADE: peanut butter, jelly, nuts
- 6TH GRADE: baby wipes, baby food, diapers
Boys Basketball Chipotle Fundraiser – September 20
Join the CVCA Boys Basketball program for dinner between 5:00-9:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 20 at the Howe Avenue Chipotle. 33% of event sales will be donated to the team. Order online for pickup using code “EXLKF8W” or show this FLYER in the restaurant.
Fall Play Crew Applications due by September 22
We are currently accepting applications for students who would like to join a crew for our Fall Play, The Somewhat True Tale of Robin Hood. Available positions include set, tech, hair & makeup, and ushering. Interested students should join the program’s Canvas course HERE and download the application. Applications for a crew position are due by September 22. Questions? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
New! Shya Coffee Subscription Service
Shya Coffee introduces its Subscription Service launching on September 6! Check out their website to make an order, and learn more about how you can support their mission to help the women in Rwanda
If you are part of a corporation or business that would like to partner with Shya Coffee, contact email@example.com for further discussion.
LATE START DAYS
Mark your calendars with these upcoming late start days: September 13, 20, 27. Classes begin at 9:22 a.m. on these days.
JumpStart Rewind – September 12
All 7th graders and their families are invited to JumpStart REWIND on Tuesday, September 12, 6:45 to 8:30 p.m.! The event begins with an ice cream social in the Rasnick Center and is followed by a time of worship and reflection on what God did in the lives of the 7th graders who attended JumpStart. Don’t miss this special evening. You will be inspired by the testimonies you hear and the chance to get a window into what it was like to experience JumpStart this year. All family members are welcome!
Ignition Rewind – September 14
Please join us for Ignition Rewind on Thursday, September 14 at 6:30 p.m. in the Rasnick Center. We will enjoy dessert together and then head to the Chapel to worship and hear student testimonies from Ignition. All 6th grade families are invited!
Middle School Nail Polish Club
Nail Polish Club is a stress-free time for middle school girls to hang out, talk, and paint nails after school. There is no cost to join and nail painting items are provided. We meet from 2:50 to 3:30 p.m. in Room 261 on the first and third Friday of each month.
Upcoming dates: September 15 and October 6, 20
Homecoming Dance – September 23
GLOW UP! We’re shining bright under neon lights! Sophomores, juniors, or seniors are invited to attend this year’s Homecoming Dance!
- Saturday, September 23, 7:30-10:00 p.m.
- CVCA Gymnasium and Rasnick Center
- FOOD TRUCKS (Swensons, Barrio, Pavs Creamery, Beverages), Salad Choices, DJ, Dancing, Games, Prizes, Bonfires, S’mores, Candy, and More
- Tickets: $20 each (ticket fee will be charged to your FACTS account) To purchase, bring your parent-signed waiver (SEE BELOW) to the Welcome Center Lobby Monday, September 11 through Tuesday, September 19.
- To purchase a guest ticket for a non-CVCA sophomore, junior, or senior, you’ll also need a copy of their photo ID, parent-signed Event Waiver, and signed Administrator Form from visiting school (SEE BELOW).
- SORRY, NO FRESHMEN. This dance privilege is open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors only.
To purchase tickets:
GIRLS BIBLE STUDY MEETING – SEPTEMBER 19
Any junior or senior girls interested in Studying God’s Word together are invited to an informational meeting to hear what we have planned for the year. Please join us on Tuesday, September 19 at 7:20 a.m. in Room 104. Questions? Contact Chrisi Thompson.
CVCA College Expo – September 19
Get acquainted with the basics of how to navigate the college preparation, application, and selection process. All CVCA high school students and parents who couldn’t attend last year’s College Expo are encouraged to attend. If you are a middle school family who has an early interest in college preparation you are welcome to join us, too! (Just know you’ll have several additional opportunities to attend this annual event for CVCA families.)
Meet in the CVCA auditorium at 5:30 p.m. for an introduction to the many resources contained in our 2023-2024 College Planning Handbook, and hear from our school and college counselors about the services they offer CVCA students and parents. Following the presentation, speak with several special guests regarding specific college-related topics such as applying to selective colleges, college athletic recruiting, and military academies. Then head to the Christian College Fair in the CVCA Fieldhouse from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. We look forward to walking alongside you in this next part of your journey!
Christian College Fair – September 19
CVCA will host a Christian College Fair on Tuesday, September 19, from 6:00-8:00 p.m. in the Fieldhouse. Forty Christian colleges will be represented. Learn more and register at findyourchristiancollege.com. This is an excellent opportunity to collect information and get answers to questions on schools’ majors, financial aid, college life, and other areas of interest. The fair is open to the public, and there are no fees or obligations.
College Rep Visits
Bring a firm handshake and a smile to meet these Admissions representatives! Stop by the Rasnick Center to learn more about these schools and how they might be a fit for you.
Questions? See Mrs. Knapp or Mrs. Fridline in the Guidance Office.
- Youngstown State University – September 15, 12:30 p.m.
- Geneva College – September 18, 9:00 a.m.
- Gordon College – September 19, 12:30 p.m.
- Allegany College – October 4, 10:30 a.m.
Local College Fairs
Northeast Ohio College and Career Fair
- Wednesday, September 27 – 9:00 to 11:30 a.m.
- Kent State University Memorial Athletic and Convocation Center (MACC)
- 120 Colleges, Universities, and Career Preparatory Organizations
Summit County Private High School College Fair
- Wednesday, October 4 – 6:00 to 7:30 p.m.
- St. Vincent-St. Mary High School Student Center
- College Reps from all over the Nation
Northeast Ohio Suburban College Fair
- Thursday, October 12 – 6:30 to 8:00 pm.
- John Carroll University
- For more information: jcu.edu/adm-northeast-ohio-suburban-college-fair
All students are invited to join us after school for Art Club! We meet on Tuesdays in Room 136.
9th Annual Golf OUting – September 30
The CVCA Booster Club invites you to its 9th Annual Golf Outing. The primary mission of the Booster Club is to support CVCA student-athletes by financially assisting all athletic programs. The Booster Club helps pay for state tournaments, uniforms, gear, Jterm trips, team devotional materials, and anything “extra” that coaches need to fulfill the CVCA Athletics Mission Statement: Building Christ-like Character as Ambassadors for Christ through Competitive Excellence.
This year’s event will be held on Saturday, September 30 at Fox Den Golf Course in Stow. The event costs just $90 per golfer ($360 per foursome). Hole Sponsorships are available for $250. If you would like to golf and sponsor, select the Royal Sponsor package for only $550. We hope you will join us for a great day of golf in support of CVCA Athletics. Details and Registration are available HERE.
Pink-Out Football Game – October 6
Friday, October 6, our last home football game, will host this year’s Pink-Out. CVCA Pink-Out T-shirts are on sale now through September 17. All proceeds will be donated to a family in crisis.
Orders will be distributed at school lunches prior to the 10/6 game.
All of the CVCA community is encouraged to support the cause by purchasing and wearing shirts to this special football game Order HERE between September 5 and 17 .
CVCA Football Game Themes
- September 15 – at Canton South – “70s Tie-Dye”
- September 22 – vs. Triway –Homecoming – “Neon”
- September 29 – at Fairless – “White-Out”
- October 6 – vs. Northwest – Senior Night – “Pink-Out”
- October 13 – at Orville – “Blue-Out”
- October 20 – at Manchester – “Pajamas”