The Royal Weekly
October 23, 2023
Invite Friends to Family Preview Nights
If you know someone who may be interested in CVCA, please invite them to one of our upcoming Family Preview Nights on November 1 and 7. These are great opportunities to learn what CVCA is all about! Registration is open for these events at cvcaroyals.org/admissions.
Yearbook Distribution – October 25
- High School will pick up in the Fieldhouse starting at 9:00 a.m. Students should plan to arrive early, pick up their yearbook, and head to their first period class.
- Middle School will receive their books during their lunch time (7th-5A, 8th-5B).
PIcture Retakes – October 24
Picture Retake Day is Tuesday, October 24. Students who were absent on Picture Day need to have their photo taken even if they are not placing an order.
Mother and Daughter Coffee – November 2
All CVCA moms and daughters are invited to a special morning of coffee, pastries, and an encouraging word from Tanya James, Director of Women’s Ministries at New Community Bible Fellowship and mom to TWO CVCA Alumni daughters. Register HERE.
Royal Theatre Fall Play – November 15, 17, 18
The Royal Theatre will present The Somewhat True Tale of Robin Hood by Mary Lynn Dobson on November 15 at 6:30 p.m. and November 17 and 18 at 7:00 p.m. Purchase your tickets HERE.
Wednesday, November 15 is Junior Royals Night with general admission. Doors will open at 6:00 p.m. Tickets can be purchased online or with check or cash at the door. Junior Royals receive one free admission ticket. Family members pay standard admission. Register your Junior Royals HERE.
Grandparents Days – November 20 and 21
Current CVCA grandparents are receiving an invitation to CVCA’s Grandparents Days in their home mailbox. We are excited to host grandparents on the following dates:
- Monday, November 20 (Students with last names A-K)
- Tuesday, November 21 (Students with last names L-Z)
The event will be from 7:30 to 10:00 a.m. each morning. Grandparents can also find the information on CVCA’s NEW Grandparents page on the CVCA at cvcaroyals.org/grandparents.
NOTE: Classes will start at 9:30 a.m. on both days for all students.
Exciting Tax Reduction Giving Opportunity
Did you know that you can receive a dollar-for-dollar reduction in your state taxes if you donate to CVCA through a Scholarship Granting Organization (SGO) by April 15, 2024?
- Donations give students needing financial assistance the opportunity to attend CVCA.
- Married couples can donate up to $1,500 and single taxpayers up to $750 per year.
- All Ohio taxpayers can contribute whether or not they have a student attending CVCA. Please share this opportunity with your friends and family.
- Contact CVCA’s Advancement Team at 330-929-0575, ext. 324 if you have questions.
- More information is available on the OCEN Website.
LATE START DAYS
Mark your calendars with these upcoming late start days: October 25 and November 1, 2, 8, 15, 29. Classes begin at 9:22 a.m. on these days.
On November 20 and 21, classes will begin at 9:30 a.m. due to Grandparents Days. (The school calendar has been updated with these changes.)
MAP GROWTH TESTING – October 25-26
Middle schoolers will participate in fall MAP Growth testing this week in their math, English, and science courses across the block days (Wednesday and Thursday). Though MAP Growth testing is not disruptive to students’ daily schedules, it would be wise for students to get adequate sleep the nights before testing. MAP Growth testing helps our administrators and educators assess students’ learning progress throughout sixth to eighth grade and determine the best next steps to improve and individualize students’ learning.
Career Window Guest Speakers
Come hear our guest speakers discuss their unique career paths.
- Emilie Oxley, Executive Director of Refuge Host Homes – Tuesday, October 24, Lunch 5B in the Learning Commons
It’s time! The CVCA Scroll, the school yearbook, reserves space in the Advertising section of the book for you to publish your final blessings, thoughts, and words of encouragement, along with any favorite baby and/or senior portraits of your SENIOR! These “Baby Ads” help to defray the costs of publishing such a large 4-color volume and have become quite a tradition that is loved by all.
Reserve your space as soon as possible by providing us with your message and photos. Spaces are limited and will be given on a first-come first-serve basis. Each block is approximately 1 3/4″ high by 2 1/2″ wide and is designed, by students, in the style of this year’s yearbook.
Get started on your Baby Ad HERE.
College Financial Aid Meeting Moved to November 8
CVCA will host a College Financial Aid Informational Meeting on Wednesday, November 8, at 6:30 p.m. in the Learning Commons. We will hear from Pam Pustay, Director of Financial Aid at Malone University.
This year, the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) will open in December 2023. (In the past, it opened on October 1.) Seniors can apply for financial aid from the colleges they are applying to by completing the Free Application at studentaid.gov. The FAFSA must be completed by both the parent and student, ideally as soon as it opens to maximize eligibility.
College Rep Visits & College Fairs
Bring a firm handshake and a smile to meet these Admissions representatives! Stop by the Rasnick Center to learn more about these schools and how they might be a fit for you. Questions? See Mrs. Knapp or Mrs. Fridline in the Guidance Office.
- Pensacola Christian – Pensacola, FL – November 6
- Defiance College – Defiance, OH – November 7, 12:30–2:30 p.m.
Middle School Basketball Tryouts
Middle school basketball tryouts are coming up. Students must be registered in Final Forms to participate.
- 6th Grade Girls – October 24, 5:00-6:30 p.m.
- 6th Grade Boys – October 20, 4:00-5:30 p.m. (Fieldhouse) and October 21, 8:30-10:00 a.m. (Gym)
- 7th & 8th Grade Girls – October 30, 3:00-5:00 p.m.
- 7th & 8th Grade Boys November 6, 3:00-5:00 p.m.
Wrestling Club for Grades K-6
Wrestling is an amazing tool that can be used to help teach young people spiritual truths and life lessons. Following Jesus is at the foundation of everything we do. The unique challenges faced in the sport of wrestling help develop perseverance, work ethic, humility, and self-control. Each week, our wrestlers participate in Quests that help them pursue Discipleship, Service, Evangelism, and Physical Fitness.
- Practices are on Mondays and Thursdays, 6:00-7:30 p.m. in the CVCA Wrestling Room, and will run from October 30 to early February (advanced wrestlers may continue competition through March).
- Ages: Kindergarten through 6th grade
- $125 Club Fee includes team fees, practices, league matches, USA Wrestling membership, and t-shirt.
- Competition: Wrestlers who wish to compete may do so in league matches held on Sundays after church in December and January at Stow High School. Advanced wrestlers have additional opportunities to compete in open, dual, and OAC State qualification tournaments.
College Athletics Recruiting Night – November 13
All current high school families are invited to a College Athletics Recruiting Night on November 13, 6:00-7:30 p.m. in the Learning Commons. The evening will include a review of the college recruiting process by Nick Thompson (CVCA Men’s Head Soccer Coach and Advancement Officer) who has ten years of college recruiting experience, and a Q&A time with a panel of students, coaches, and parents on how to navigate the recruiting process. If your child has dreams of playing in college and you’re not quite sure what to do, this would be an excellent event to attend. Register HERE.