The Royal Weekly
November 6, 2023
Be an informed voter on November 7
Giving Tuesday – Every family. Every gift. Every life changed.
God is working through donor dollars here at CVCA! Giving Tuesday is a specific time to lay our talent and treasure at the foot of the cross in anticipation of how God will use it for His Kingdom.
Tuition covers 90% of the total CVCA experience. The rest – existing in programs like retreats, clubs, Fine Arts, Jterm/Mterm, Athletics, camps, Houses, Schools of Distinction, and more – live in the remaining 10%. It’s a balance of about $1,000 per student, left as a very intentional need.
We want CVCA to be both accessible and excellent, and that can only happen through dependence on God and the way He moves through His people to give. This month, we invite you to come alongside the work God is doing here. Help us make an impact on the hearts and lives of students. Visit cvcaroyals.org/give-now to make a gift. To learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on social for an Every Day Giveaway: @cvca.royals on Instagram, or at facebook.com/CVCAroyals! Each day, we’ll touch on a component of the CVCA experience your donation directly impacts. So far, we’ve given away an especially Royal pumpkin, some water bottle swag, and a box of Royal Blend Tea.
Invite Friends to Family Preview Night – November 7
If you know someone who may be interested in CVCA, please invite them to our next Family Preview Night on Tuesday, November 7. These are great opportunities to learn what CVCA is all about! Registration is open for these events at cvcaroyals.org/admissions.
Congratulations, Talking Royals!
The Talking Royals competed this past Saturday at Perry High School. The team made a strong showing across the board, led by Megan Marshall, who brought home a coveted Perry chair as the tournament champion in Program Oral Interpretation.
Pick-up and Drop-off Reminders
As our weather begins to change the Main Entrance foyer doors will now be open at 7:00 a.m. for students to get out of the cold, rain, and snow. Please continue to keep these pick-up and drop-off policies in mind. We appreciate your cooperation!
- ALL students arriving between 7:15 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. should arrive at the Royals Fieldhouse entrance.
- If at all possible, students should arrive between 7:30 and 7:45 a.m. and proceed directly to their first class of the day. All entrances will be open to students at 7:30 a.m.
- Please do not drop off students at the main entrance after 7:25 a.m. as this space is reserved for school buses.
- Students may be picked up at the same doors where they were dropped off.
- For the safety of all students, it is critical that families pick up students as close to the 2:50 dismissal time as possible. If a student does not have an extracurricular practice, meeting, or rehearsal, they need to leave campus.
- In order for thorough cleaning to occur each afternoon, the building needs to be clear of students by 3:05 p.m.
- General supervision will not be provided after 2:50 p.m. Students in after-school activities are under the supervision of coaches, sponsors, etc.
VOLUNTEER MEETING – NOVEMBER 9
The Royal Evening is CVCA’s largest event of the year and a great way to get involved in our community. If you are interested in volunteering for this year’s Royal Evening, please attend our Volunteer Meeting on Thursday, November 9 at 7:30 a.m. OR 1:30 p.m. in the Rasnick Center Mezzanine. There are numerous opportunities to put your skills and interests into action and we would love to tell you about them. RSVP here!
Email email@example.com if you have questions or would like to be involved but are unable to join the meeting.
Hearing and Vision Screening – November 10, 13, 14
The Health Clinic will conduct annual ODH-required Hearing and Vision Screenings for grades 7, 9, and 11 starting in November during school hours (dates below). To ensure the most accurate results of testing, we are requesting that students ensure his or her corrective lenses are brought/worn on the day of testing. We have coordinated with the teachers to accommodate screenings during class time. If there are any questions, please feel free to contact the nurse team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-929-0575, ext. 216.
- 7th Grade: Monday, November 13; Make-up date Monday, November 27
- 9th Grade: Friday, November 10; Make-up date Friday, December 1
- 11th Grade: Tuesday, November 14; Make-up date Tuesday, November 28
Points will be counted toward Houses for participation!
Urban Vision Service Project – November 13-16
CVCA has a long and wonderful tradition of providing items for Urban Vision’s Christmas Store. Each CVCA House and middle school grade has been assigned a category of items to choose from. All items can be in the $12.00 range. Please bring your unwrapped items between November 13 and 16. Large labeled collection boxes will be available.
- DOUGLAS: Craft Sets (examples: paint sets, playdough, loom bands, shrink art, beads, etc.), Puzzles, Winter Hats/Gloves
- ELLIOT: Board Games, Card Games (examples: Exploding Kittens, Dutch Blitz, etc.), Pokemon Cards, Anime Merchandise, Ninja Turtle, Action Figures/Dolls
- LEWIS: Anime merchandise (t-shirts sizes medium & small), Anime Posters, Pop Fidget Accessories, Notebooks, Journals, School Supplies
- TOZER: Animal Plushies, Stuffed Animals, Hello Kitty Merchandise, Nail Polish/Nail Art, Makeup Items
- Grade 6: Body Wash, Shampoo, Creme Rinse, Body Lotion
- Grade 7: Hair Brush, Hair Clips/Accessories, Children’s Jewelry, Body Spray, Deodorant
- Grade 8: Tooth Brushes, Tooth Paste, Clorox Wipes, Paper Towels
Royal Theatre Fall Play – November 15, 17, 18
The Royal Theatre will present The Somewhat True Tale of Robin Hood by Mary Lynn Dobson on November 15 at 6:30 p.m. and November 17 and 18 at 7:00 p.m. Purchase your tickets HERE.
Wednesday, November 15 is Junior Royals Night with general admission. Doors will open at 6:00 p.m. Tickets can be purchased online or with check or cash at the door. Junior Royals receive one free admission ticket. Family members pay standard admission. Register your Junior Royals HERE.
Grandparents Days – November 20 and 21
Current CVCA grandparents should have received an invitation to CVCA’s Grandparents Days in their home mailbox. We are excited to host grandparents on the following dates:
- Monday, November 20 (Students with last names A-K)
- Tuesday, November 21 (Students with last names L-Z)
The event will be from 7:30 to 10:00 a.m. each morning. Grandparents can also find the information on CVCA’s NEW Grandparents page on the website at cvcaroyals.org/grandparents.
NOTE: Classes will start at 9:30 a.m. on both days for all students.
LATE START DAYS
Mark your calendars with these upcoming late start days: November 8, 15, 29. Classes begin at 9:22 a.m. on these days.
On November 20 and 21, classes will begin at 9:30 a.m. due to Grandparents Days. (The school calendar has been updated with these changes.)
8th Grade Jterm Registration
Jterm is just around the corner! We are asking all 8th graders to register for the Jterm trip before November 17 so that we can finalize all the exciting activities we have planned in Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky! You can find all the details HERE.
7th Grade Parent Coffee to learn about class scheduling – December 6
Do you have questions about scheduling your student’s 8th grade courses? An optional meeting for parents (not students) will be held on Wednesday, December 6, 8:30-9:15 a.m. in Room 184. Beth Marosi, Middle School Counselor will present information on scheduling for 8th grade classes and answer questions about the process and options.
Senior Parents: Reserve your Baby Ad space as soon as possible by providing us with your message and photos. Spaces are limited and will be given on a first-come first-serve basis. Get started HERE.
College Financial Aid Meeting – November 8
CVCA will host a College Financial Aid Informational Meeting on Wednesday, November 8, at 6:30 p.m. in the Learning Commons. We will hear from Pam Pustay, Director of Financial Aid at Malone University.
College Rep Visits & College Fairs
Bring a firm handshake and a smile to meet these Admissions representatives! Stop by the Rasnick Center to learn more about these schools and how they might be a fit for you. Questions? See Mrs. Knapp or Mrs. Fridline in the Guidance Office.
- Pensacola Christian – Pensacola, FL – November 6
- Defiance College – Defiance, OH – November 7, 12:30–2:30 p.m.
Boys High School Tennis Meeting – November 7
All high school boys interested in playing tennis in the spring. should attend an information meeting on Tuesday, November 7 at 3:00 p.m. in Room 276. Questions? Contact Coach Ramey at email@example.com.
College Athletics Recruiting Night – November 13
All current high school families are invited to a College Athletics Recruiting Night on November 13, 6:00-7:30 p.m. in the Learning Commons. The evening will include a review of the college recruiting process by Nick Thompson (CVCA Men’s Head Soccer Coach and Advancement Officer) who has ten years of college recruiting experience, and a Q&A time with a panel of students, coaches, and parents on how to navigate the recruiting process. If your child has dreams of playing in college and you’re not quite sure what to do, this would be an excellent event to attend. Register HERE.