The Royal Weekly
November 20, 2023
Giving Tuesday – Matching Gift Challenge!
GREAT NEWS! Your gift of any amount will be DOUBLED for CVCA’s biggest giving day – Giving Tuesday – thanks to a $100,000 matching gift challenge from generous friends of CVCA! These friends are excited to encourage our community of generosity that makes an impact on the lives and hearts of students. Visit cvcaroyals.org/givingtuesday now through November 28 to make a gift and double your impact!
EVERY FAMILY. EVERY GIFT. EVERY LIFE CHANGED.
Grandparents Days Schedule – November 21
Last names L-Z on Tuesday, November 21
- 7:30 a.m. – Student arrives with grandparents at the Fieldhouse for coffee and muffins
- 8:00 a.m. – Student takes grandparents to 1st period class for 15 minutes, then moves to 2nd period for another 15 minutes, likewise for 3rd and 4th period. If a student has PRT, take grandparents to the Rasnick Center to meet some administrators and check out Shya Designs and Shya Coffee.
- 9:15 a.m. – Student drops grandparents off at the Chapel for a program and then goes to 1st period.
Classes begin for all students at 9:30 a.m.
Congratulations, Talking Royals!
The Talking Royals Speech and Debate Team competed at the Copley Invitational Tournament this past Saturday. Donovan Brown finished fifth place among fifty Lincoln-Douglas debaters. Nate Cook took the top novice award in United States Extemporaneous Speaking, and Dominic Catalano was awarded third novice in International Extemporaneous Speaking.
Dress Code Reminder
As the weather changes, this is a friendly reminder about our dress code.
- Students are to wear a CVCA polo Monday through Thursday.
- If a student wears a CVCA hoodie or CVCA ¼-zip and removes it, they must have a polo underneath.
- CVCA T-shirts are only permitted on Fridays.
- The only “outerwear” permitted throughout the school day is a letterman jacket.
- All full-zip/windbreakers/jackets/coats/flannels are to be left in lockers from 7:50 a.m. to 2:50 p.m. If your student tends to get chilly throughout the day, please have them keep a CVCA ¼-zip or CVCA hoodie on hand to throw on over their polo.
- The only shoes permitted all school year are athletic shoes. With cold days starting earlier than anticipated, boots may be worn now through March 31. (This is a date change. The original code says December 1.)
- Clogs/Slides/Hey Dudes/Crocs/Moccasin Slippers are NEVER in code.
Please see these and all the dress code guidelines HERE.
Join CVCA’s Chess Club!
The CVCA Chess Club is open to all students in grades 6-12. Join us in Room 129 every Tuesday from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m.
ROYAL FOOLS IMPROV SHOW – DECEMBER 8
Enjoy a night of laughs with the Royal Fools Improv Group. The next show is Friday, December 8 at 7:00 p.m. in the Chapel. Bring friends – it’s FREE!
Calling All Musicians!
Messiah Community Sing Concert – December 9
Do you sing or play an instrument? Join our students and other community members for this “Sing-a-Long” event. All are welcome! Bring your family and friends for this FREE event.
Musical Selections Include:
- And the Glory of the Lord
- O Thou That Tellest
- For Unto Us a Child is Born
- Pastoral Symphony
- Glory to God
- Hallelujah Chorus
- Singers (all parts)
- 2 Trumpets
- 1st/2nd Violinists
- Cellos, String Bass
Music will be provided. Additional soloists also needed for Recitatives and Arias.
- Optional Chorus Rehearsals: December 3 from 3:00-5:00 p.m. at St. Luke’s Lutheran Church (2121 6th St. Cuyahoga Falls).
- Required Run-through Rehearsal at CVCA: Saturday, December 9, 3:00-5:30 (before the performance). Dinner will be provided.
LATE START DAYS
Mark your calendars with these upcoming late start days: November 29 and December 6. Classes begin at 9:22 a.m. on these days.
On November 20 and 21, classes will begin at 9:30 a.m. due to Grandparents Days.
7th Grade Parent Coffee to learn about class scheduling – December 6
Do you have questions about scheduling your student’s 8th grade courses? An optional meeting for parents (not students) will be held on Wednesday, December 6, 8:30-9:15 a.m. in Room 184. Beth Marosi, Middle School Counselor, will present information on scheduling for 8th- grade classes and answer questions about the process and options. RSVP here!
SCHOOLS OF DISTINCTION APPLICATIONS OPEN THROUGH NOVEMBER 27
CVCA’s Schools of Distinction are an elective program introducing students to career fields in one of six areas: Arts & Humanities (SOAH), Business & Entrepreneurship (SOBE), Engineering (SOE), Medical Professions (SOMP), Ministry (SOM), and Computer Science (SOCS). More information and an application for each program can be found for all the Schools of Distinction on the CVCA website HERE. There is a $300 annual fee for participation in any of the Schools of Distinction.
Students may apply to a School of Distinction in the Fall of their sophomore year. Information about all the Schools of Distinction was presented to Sophomores during lunch last week. They had the opportunity to meet the director of each SOD, ask questions of upperclassmen in the various programs, and learn more about each School as they consider whether they are interested in applying. Please Note: Students are not required to apply to a School of Distinction. It is an opportunity for students interested in the career cluster represented by each school.
The CVCA Schools of Distinction online applications are available online now through Monday, November 27, 2023.
CLASS OF 2024 BABY ADS
It’s time to purchase your Senior Baby Ad for the Yearbook. Include your final blessings, thoughts, and words of encouragement with any favorite baby and/or senior portraits of your SENIOR! These “Baby Ads” help defray the costs of publishing the Yearbook and have become quite a tradition that is loved by all.
Spaces are limited and will be given on a first-come first-serve basis. Get started on your Baby Ad HERE.