The Royal Weekly
March 14, 2022
Thank You for a Wonderful Royal Evening!
Saturday’s Royal Evening was a beautiful night celebrating the Lord’s faithfulness to CVCA for over 50 years! It truly was a fun night of giving. As one guest remarked, “It was mind-blowing to see the joyful generosity of so many people to the students!” The success of the Royal Evening would not have been possible without so many parents, grandparents, alumni, and friends who volunteered, sponsored, donated, served and prayed! With over 85 student volunteers, 100 parent volunteers, and 569 guests in the Royals Fieldhouse, it was an amazing all-CVCA community event. Stay tuned for the total amount of funds raised for student tuition assistance!
Invite friends to Our Last Admissions Event of the year
Thank you for sharing your CVCA stories with your community! So many of our families hear about CVCA from you, your kids, and from your personal invitations and testimonials. Please consider inviting families around you to attend our Family Preview Night on Tuesday, April 5. This will be the last Admissions event of this school year. We have seen a tremendous rise in applications this year, and are encouraging families to apply while there is still time and space! More information is available HERE.
IMPORTANT Calendar Reminders
Please make note of these upcoming calendar items:
- TOMORROW – Tuesday, March 15 – ACT Testing for grades 9, 10, 11 – 7:50 to 11:45 a.m. (The Cafeteria will be closed.)
- TOMORROW – Tuesday, March 15 – NO SCHOOL for grades 6, 7, 8, and 12
- Thursday, April 7 – Additional late start day
- Thursday, May 5 – Additional late start day
graduation tickets order form – due march 16
Student Mentor Opportunities – Apply by March 18
Sophomores and juniors interested in being student mentors for Ignition, JumpStart, and LaunchPoint are invited to apply this week. Applications are available at the Welcome Center and must be turned in to Mr. Churchill’s mailbox by Friday, March 18.
Spring Musical Tickets
Tickets for Fiddler on the Roof can be purchased at itickets.com.
- April 22, 23, 27, 29 – 7:00 p.m.
- April 30 – 2:00 p.m.
Wednesday, April 27 is Junior Royals Night with general admission. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. Tickets can be purchased online or with check or cash at the door. Junior Royals members receive one free admission ticket. Family members pay standard admission.
Congratulations to our Music Students
Congratulations to the following Band and Choir students who participated in the Ohio Music Educators Adjudicated Event on February 12 at Firestone High School. Students chose from a required list of songs and ability levels, rehearsed with their teachers, and then performed in front of a judge for a rating. The following students received “I” Superior Ratings:
- Class A (Hardest level): Gavin Kastner and Victoria Banks
- Class B: Mudiaga Erho, Lilly Drybolo, Marissa O’Keefe, Kathryn Shure, Cadence Tan
- Class C: Elizabeth Albrecht, Elizabeth Camera, Ay’Shawn Canty, Tyler Hawes, Gavin Kastner, Calvin Marshall, Michael Butler, Dillon Byars, Bria Kastner, Megan Marshall, Katrine Melika, Quinn Robinson
- Other Participants: Elizabeth Wright, Ava Marosi, Isaac Simpson, Cianna Williams, JJ Boone, Peter Falcone, Kristiane Aune
Ukraine Crisis Fund
Are you interested in working at Camp Carl for the summer?
Juniors and Seniors – If you love working with kids and want to have a great summer, consider working at Camp Carl! Camp representatives will be in the Learning Commons all day on Friday, March 18 to talk to any juniors and seniors interested in joining their team for Summer 2022.
CVCA Summer Camps Registration Now Open
CVCA offers summer camps for children ages 7-16. Led by CVCA coaches and varsity athletes, campers enjoy learning new skills and making new friends in a Christ-centered environment. Space is limited, so please register by the Friday before each camp begins. More information and registration details are available HERE.
Traffic and Parking Reminders
As construction advances with the Chapel and Rasnick Center additions, it is important to follow traffic and parking guidelines. Please drive very carefully as we work through the parking lot changes, and remember:
- Students should not be dropped off or picked up at the main entrance before and after school. This area is reserved for busses at those times.
- Students are not permitted to park in the visitor parking spaces in front of the building. It is important that these spots remain open for visitors. Additional parking spaces are available on the far side of the building by the Royals Fieldhouse and tennis courts.
Cafeteria lunch menus for the next couple of weeks are available HERE (through the MY CVCA page).
Also, please note that the Cafeteria WILL be open for lunch during Mterm for students participating in courses at the school.
UPCOMING COLLEGE REP VISITS
- Tuesday, April 5 – A rep from the University of Tampa in Florida will be in the Learning Commons at 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 6 – A rep from Lynn University in Boca Raton, Florida will be in the Learning Commons at 10:30 a.m.
Student Summer Opportunities
Wheaton College Summer Institute: Experience college and grow in your faith this summer. You can live on campus, explore academic disciplines, earn college credit, and worship together during chapel services at Wheaton College, June 19 – July 2. Learn more HERE.
Kings College Summer Program: All of the following tracks are taught by Christian faculty and include how the truths of Christianity relate to their respective content. Stay in NYC: $1950 | Commuter: $1000 | Online: $200 (covers all meals, supplies, excursions, tuition, and local transportation) More information is available HERE or contact email@example.com.
- JULY 10-15, 2022 (in person) – Faith and Finance American Legal Studies Christianity and the City
- JULY 17-22, 2022 (online) – New York City on Film Investments and Innovations in Finance
- JULY 24-29, 2022 (in person) – Arts & Culture Reporting Sports Reporting Speech and Debate
West Point Summer Leaders Experience: Juniors, apply to the West Point Summer Leaders Experience by March 15 to take a behind-the-scenes look at West Point and see how they develop leaders of character. This weeklong immersive on-campus experience runs May 28 to June 3, and June 4 to June 10, 2022. There is no fee to apply, and generous need-based scholarships are available. Standardized test scores are not required, but the ideal applicant has a strong academic background and participates in team sports and other extracurricular activities. Note: When you apply for SLE you are also submitting an admissions screening application. More information is available HERE.