THE ROYAL THEATRE FALL PRODUCTION
That’s My Cousin, a Western Comedy in Three Acts
With a Middle School Opening Performance of The Paper Bag Bandit Rides Again
November 15-16, 2019 – 7:00 p.m.
More Information and Tickets
AVENUES TOWARD COLLEGE CREDIT AT CVCA
There are several ways to earn college credit while attending CVCA.
Learn More Here
Nike brand CVCA apparel is available online from BSN Sportswear several times per year. Families are notified when the shop is open.
Order Nike-branded CVCA uniform styles now through August 15, 2019. This apparel is an alternative to clothing found at the recommended uniform stores as these items are Nike branded and approved for everyday wear. You will be notified when your items arrive and can pick them up at CVCA in the main office.
Visit Shop >>
Stay in the know on dress code HERE >>
School districts providing bus transportation to CVCA are available HERE >>
CVCA uses Canvas as our Learning Management System (LMS). In other words, Canvas is the digital hub of our classroom where upcoming assignments, grades, and resources are posted in one centralized, easy-to-access location.
Parents can access this information by creating an account and then linking their account to their child’s information via a pairing code. This video explains both the account creation process and how to generate a pairing code.
This is the website you’ll use to access Canvas once you have created an account: cvcaroyals.instructure.com/login/canvas. We recommend bookmarking the website for ease of access. Be sure not to include the “www” at the front of the address.
One of the strengths of Canvas from a parent and student perspective is that you can customize the amount of information you receive from Canvas and choose the method in which you receive that information. After you set up and login to your account, this video walks you through the process of customizing your notification settings.
There is a Canvas app for parents that can be downloaded to your smartphone (iOS or Android). You will have to search for “Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy” when you first access the app.
If you have questions about Canvas or need assistance after watching the videos, feel free to send an email to [email protected].
- Class schedules are availalble to view and print in ParentsWeb. Please bring a copy of your schedule with you on your first day of school. If you have trouble registering or logging into ParentsWeb, please contact one of the following people:
Phil Dipane 330-929-0575, ext. 647 or [email protected]
Ryan Crocker, 330-929-0575, ext. 646 or [email protected]
Once logged in to ParentsWeb, click on “Student Information,” “Schedules,” and then click on your student’s name.
- Please review your student’s schedule to make sure all of the required academic subjects for his/her grade level are listed. Click HERE>> for middle school information and HERE>> for high school information. If your student has eight classes and no study halls, then you may want to consider dropping a class for a study hall, especially for a student who might struggle a bit academically.
- Once schedules are released, any class change request must be verified by a parent via a written note, an email, or a phone call. We also have class change request forms available in the Guidance Office.
- No class additions or drops are permitted after Friday, August 23. Also, we cannot change schedules for reasons that would be considered preferences, such as requesting a specific teacher, lunch period requests, requesting 8th period study hall, etc.
- PRT (Personal Responsibility Time) is the name of a study hall for high school students ONLY who do not have a status of academic watch, warning, or probation. PRT gives students a choice to go to a quiet study hall in the Cafeteria or the Learning Commons.
Please call or email the Guidance Department if you have any questions.
Guidance Office: 330-920-8204
Mrs. Plum (Grades 6-9) – [email protected]
Mr. Kasiguran (Grade 10) – [email protected]
Mr. Tomich (Grade 11) – [email protected]
Mrs. Fridline (Grade 12) – [email protected]
There are several ways for students to gain college credit while at CVCA. Take a look HERE >>
Before 7:20 a.m. All students should be dropped off at the main entrance in the front of the school. If a bus is there, please pull behind the bus.
7:20-7:50 a.m. Grades 6, 7, and 8 dropped off at the rear entrance; grades 9-12 dropped off at the Chapel or Learning Commons entrances.
7:50 a.m.-2:50 p.m. ALL students should be dropped off at the main entrance in front of the school.
2:50-3:05 p.m. Grades 6-8 picked at the rear entrance of the school; grades 9-12 picked at the Chapel or Learning Commons entrances.
After 3:05 p.m. ALL students should picked be up at the main entrance in the front of the school.
Learn more about our menus and web-based payment system HERE >>
Join CVCA students and adults February 5-8, 2020 for Moody Founder’s Week in Chicago.
The cost of approximately $350 for students and $450 for adults includes tour bus, hotel, several meals, and some events.
Mterm will be held March 16-20, 2020. Details are available HERE>>
All new student information can be found on our “New Students” page HERE>>. You’ll find everything you need to know about Orientation, Assimilation Day, Ignition, JumpStart, Froshfest, and more!
The Office of Academic Success and Instructional Services (OASIS) is available for students needing assistance in study and organizational skills. Students are assigned to OASIS by the Guidance Office based on previous school records, entrance testing, quarter grades, and teacher recommendations. If a student or parent believes that OASIS services would be beneficial, they are encouraged to contact the Director of OASIS to discuss.
Information about the OASIS services and team is available HERE >>
All student drivers are required to register their car in the Main Office. Permits are available for $80 HERE >>
A signed waiver is required to purchase a ticket to CVCA’s 2019 Junior-Senior Prom. The waiver is available HERE >>
School supply lists for the 2019-2020 school year HERE.
The Schools of Distinction include speciality tracks in the Arts & Humanities, Business, Engineering, Medicine, and Ministry within our comprehensive college-prep program. There is a $300 School of Distinction fee.
Senior year is a busy time, and graduation will be here before you know it! Important deadlines, events, and 12th grade information can be found HERE >>
• Students are required to use the Helper Helper app to track and verify their Service Expectation hours (8 per semester). Students can download Helper Helper from the app store on their smart phone, or use the web app on their Chromebook. It is a quick, easy, and accurate way to track and verify their service hours. Students simply click “Add past commitments” and include their parent or guardian’s email address or phone number in order for the hours to be verified. The parent/guardian will then receive either an email or text to electronically verify the submitted hours.
• 8 Hours (minimum) of approved service activity are required per semester
• The Service Learning Coordinator will give final approval to verified hours that fit the Bible class guidelines.
Thanks for encouraging your students to serve! Here are some examples of the great ways CVCA students have made an impact in their communities:
• National Day of Prayer volunteer
• Sunday school/church nursery helper
• Public school speaker to promote teen success
• Church usher/server
• Community clean up helper
• Cuyahoga Valley National Park trail manager
• Urban Vision Kids club helper
• El Salvador Orphanage helper
• Worship leader
• Soup kitchen volunteer
• Juvenile Detention outreach
• Hospital volunteer
• School event helper
All CVCA students are invited to join Ski Club. We ski and snowboard at Brandywine every week, beginning January 6. Details are available HERE >>.
Transportation to Brandywine is available through CVCA for $25. Complete this up Transportation Permission Form and return it to the CVCA Welcome Center. (Extra forms are also available to pick up at the Welcome Center.)
Withdrawal forms must be submitted if your student does not intend to return to CVCA next year. You have until April 15, 2019 to withdraw without penalty. The Student Withdrawal Form is available HERE.
THE EBENEZER PROJECT: Stories of God’s Faithfulness
The Ebenezer Project is a video series celebrating 50 years of God’s faithfulness to CVCA through stories told by our alumni.
“Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen and called its name Ebenezer (which means “the stone of help”), for he said, “Till now the LORD has helped us!” 1 Samuel 7:12
See all of The Ebenezer Project videos HERE>>