The Royal Weekly
September 6, 2022
New Family Tailgate – September 9
Families of new students are invited to a FREE cookout in the Royals Fieldhouse on Friday, September 9 at 5:30 p.m. before the varsity football game. Come meet other new families and CVCA staff. Game tickets are included. Bring the whole family! Register HERE.
Fall Play Auditions and Crew Applications
The Royal Theatre invites all students to be a part of this year’s fall play, Our Town. We are looking for young men and women to either be in the cast or work on a crew that serves in the tech booth, builds sets, or does hair and makeup.
Students who would like to audition for a part must turn in an application this week and sign up for an audition slot for September 8. Those interested in a crew position have until September 19. Applications are available at the Front Office as well as online in our open enrollment Canvas course, “Our Town 2022”.
Moms in Prayer – begins september 9
The CVCA Moms in Prayer group invites all moms and grandmothers on Friday mornings to pray over the school, the students, and the staff. The first meeting will be on Friday, September 9 at 8:00 a.m. (after CVCA drop-off) at the CVCA Tennis Pavilion. To sign up or get more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All School Picture Day – September 13
Picture Day for all CVCA students will be Tuesday, September 13. Students should dress in standard CVCA student apparel.
- Pre-order your pictures HERE. (This link replaces order envelopes used in the past.) Type in your student’s last name in the box and find them in the drop-down below. Click the name and then enter your email address. There is NO PASSWORD. When ordering for more than one student, please place separate orders.
- The order link will expire at 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, September 14. Be sure to order by the deadline.
- Note the packages, prints, and products tab – you have your choice of any of those items.
- Retakes are available to those who purchase a package.
- NOTE: Certain Apple devices on certain IOS are NOT working with the system. If you order on an Apple device and you do not receive confirmation, it is likely the order did not go through. Please try a different device or browser.
- Questions? Contact Visualizations at email@example.com or 330-923-3686 during business hours.
Big Tent Event – September 23
Junior Royals and CVCA Summer Camp families are invited to a Big Tent Event in the Royals Fieldhouse on Friday, September 23. Enjoy an evening of fun and football with carnival games, inflatables, treats, face painting, and more. Register HERE. Not already a Junior Royal? Check out all the offerings HERE for our youngest Royals!
All students are invited to play Ultimate Frisbee on Thursdays, 3:05-4:00 p.m. on the lawn in front of Royals Stadium. If you have any questions, see Mr. Harr.
Step Right Up… for homecoming – october 8
All sophomores, juniors, and seniors are invited to Homecoming on Saturday, October 8, 7:30 -10:00 p.m. in the CVCA Gymnasium and outside tents. The carnival-themed event will include great games and prizes, dancing, bonfires, entertainment, and more. Desserts and snacks will be served instead of a full meal, so students may want to consider having dinner with small groups of friends beforehand.
Tickets for the formal event are $15 each and can be purchased September 26-30 in the Lobby near the Welcome Center. (Please Note: A parent-signed waiver is required for every student and guest to purchase tickets. waivers are available in the Student and Parent Resources on the MY CVCA page.)
September college Rep Visits
Bring a firm handshake and a smile to meet these Admissions representatives! Stop by the Learning Commons to learn more about these schools and how they might be a fit for you! Questions? See Mrs. Knapp or Mrs. Fridline in the Guidance Office.
September Rep Visits:
- Seton Hill University – September 7, 10:30 a.m.
- Cedarville University – September 8, 12:30 p.m. – Dr. Franz will be there to discuss their pharmacy program
- Gettysburg College – September 14, 10:30 a.m.
- Kent State University – September 15, 10:30 a.m.
- Malone University – September 15, 10:30 a.m.
- Belmont University – September 19, 12:30 p.m.
- Calvin University – September 21, 10:30 a.m.
- Bethel University – September 21, 10:30 a.m.
- Spring Arbor University – September 21, 11:30 a.m.
- Miami University – September 26, 9:00 a.m.
- University of Mount Union – September 26, 12:30 p.m.
- Kenyon College – September 28 , 10:30 a.m.
- St. Bonaventure University – September 29, 10:30 a.m.
- University of Toledo – September 29, 10:30 a.m.
Local College Fairs
Bring your resume and a firm handshake to meet college admissions reps at these upcoming College Fairs.
- CVCA will host a Christian College Fair on Tuesday, September 20, 6:00-8:00 p.m. in the Fieldhouse. Forty Christian colleges will be represented. Learn more at myblueprintstory.com. Register HERE. This is an excellent opportunity to collect information and get answers to questions on schools’ majors, financial aid, college life, and other areas of interest. The fair is open to the public, and there are no fees or obligations. Questions? Please contact Mrs. Sara Fridline at 330-929-0575, ext. 308.
- A Private High School College Fair will be held on Wednesday, September 28, 6:00-7:30 p.m. at St. Vincent-St. Mary High School (Student Center). Colleges from all over the nation will be represented.
There’s a lot to remember and get done during Senior year. Watch here for reminders throughout the year.
SENIOR BABY ADS: It’s time to order baby ads for your seniors! The cost begins at $45 per block until November 4. Submissions will be accepted until Monday November 14, but the cost will be raised to $55 per block. Order forms are available HERE.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Volunteering at CVCA is a great way to get involved and meet other CVCA parents. Some of the opportunities available include preparing for school events such as the Royal Evening, Teacher Appreciation Week, and Junior-Senior Prom; supporting Admissions Office activities; sharing your professional skills as a mentor for one of the Schools of Distinction; or offering skills in landscaping, baking, and decorating. To get involved, please complete the Volunteer Form.
Pinkout Game – October 7
In addition to Homecoming, Friday, October 7 will be the annual PinkOut Game for the CVCA Football program. CVCA students, families and friends are encouraged to support the cause by purchasing and wearing PinkOut shirts. Shirts can be ordered HERE through Sunday, September 18. Shirts will be distributed to students during school the week of October 3.
Football Game Themes
The CVCA Cheer program has announced the football themes for the 2022 season. Royals fans, especially students, are encouraged to participate in each theme night throughout the season. Join the CVCA cheerleaders in making football nights fun for all.
- September 9: vs. Canton South – Beach
- September 16: at Triway – 80s/Neon
- September 23: vs. Fairless – Western
- September 30: at Northwest – White-Out
- October 7: vs. Orrville – Pink-Out
- October 14: at Tuslaw – PJs
- October 21: vs. Manchester – Black-Out
Athletic Event Ticket Options
This year, we have multiple options for admission to home athletic contests. Presale tickets are available for purchase online through Hometown Ticketing. We also offer digital sports passes through Hometown. There are various pass levels to accommodate what best fits you. Digital tickets and passes can be purchased at the link below (ticket sales go live one week prior to the event). Tickets will also be available for purchase at the gate for each game. This option is cash only.
- TICKETS AND PASSES: Available at athletics.cvcaroyals.org/tickets. Download the HomeTown Fan app to access the box office on your mobile device.
- TICKET PRICES: High School – Adult $7, Student $4 / Middle School – Adult $4, Student $2
- TICKETED EVENTS: HS/MS Volleyball, Varsity Football, Varsity Soccer, HS/MS, Basketball, Varsity Hockey, Varsity Wrestling, HS/MS Track & Field, HS Lacrosse
Royals Livestream Available
CVCA has again partnered with the NFHS Network to offer livestream access to various athletic events this year. All home contests in Royals Stadium and Tim Beyerle Memorial Gymnasium will be available to watch live or on demand through our NFHS page (linked below). There are two subscription options available, the “Monthly Pass” ($11.99/month) and the “Year Pass” ($79.99/year). Both options provide access to all the games we stream plus any games streamed by other schools through the NFHS Network. Subscribe today and tell your friends and family so they can follow the Royals this year.
Subscribe Here: NFHS Network Page – Select the “Subscribe” button on the upper left of the page.
Please be aware that there are scam sites that advertise live streams of our games, especially on Facebook and Twitter. Only trust the link above or links provided by the official CVCA Athletics social media accounts for live streaming.
Booster Club Sponsor Opportunities
The CVCA Athletic Booster Club is looking for local companies to partner with for the 2022-23 school year. We would love to promote your company at our athletic events! Please reach out to our Assistant AD, Jason Herblet, at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on our different packages.
Booster Club Golf Outing – October 1
The 2022 CVCA Booster Golf Outing will be held on Saturday, October 1 at Fox Den Golf Course. Registration is now open, and we are looking for golfers and sponsors for this year’s event. This is the 8th year for the golf outing which serves as the largest fundraising event for the CVCA Booster Club. Visit athletic.cvcaroyals.org/boostergolf for more information and to register today. Questions? Contact Jason Herblet at email@example.com or 330-929-0575, ext. 219.