The Royal Weekly
September 12, 2022
All School Picture Day – September 13
Picture Day for all CVCA students is Tuesday, September 13. Students should dress in CVCA student apparel.
- Pre-order your pictures HERE. (This link replaces order envelopes used in the past.) Type in your student’s last name in the box and find them in the drop-down below. Click the name and then enter your email address. There is NO PASSWORD. When ordering for more than one student, please place separate orders.
- The order link will expire at 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, September 14. Be sure to order by the deadline.
- Note the packages, prints, and products tab – you have your choice of any of those items.
- Retakes are available to those who purchase a package.
- NOTE: Certain Apple devices on certain IOS are NOT working with the system. If you order on an Apple device and you do not receive confirmation, it is likely the order did not go through. Please try a different device or browser.
- Questions? Contact Visualizations at email@example.com or 330-923-3686 during business hours.
New this year – Progress Reports
Starting this school year, CVCA parents and students will receive a student “progress report” at the midpoint of each academic quarter. Unlike an official report card, a progress report reflects an informal but fully accurate and up-to-date “grade” for each student‘s classes at the halfway point of an academic quarter. This report is meant to provide timely and useful communication to parents about their students’ learning progress in order to foster a dynamic partnership between families and teachers as they support each student’s academic growth. The first such progress report will arrive by email on Wednesday, September 14.
Career Window – September 13
Our first Career Window presentation of the year is on Tuesday, September 13. Come hear Officer Bill share about his career and experiences as a police officer. Have questions about this line of work? Bring your lunch and join us during both lunch periods in the SOBE Room (109) located in the Learning Commons.
Fall Play Crew Applications Due September 19
The Royal Theatre invites all students to be a part of this year’s fall play, Our Town. We are looking for young men and women to join one of our crews to serve in the tech booth, build sets, or do hair and makeup. Anyone interested in a crew position should apply by September 19. Applications are available at the Front Office as well as online in our open enrollment Canvas course, “Our Town 2022.”
Urban Agriculture Club Kick-off – September 20
Get involved and Grow – Green thumb or no! Join the new Urban Agriculture Club. Our kick-off meeting will be Tuesday, September 20 during both lunch periods in Room 137. If you have questions, see Mrs. Knapp in the College Counseling Office or email Mrs. Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Junior/Senior Girls Bible Study – Begins September 20
All Junior and Senior girls are invited to a weekly Bible Study starting on Tuesday, September 20. We will meet every Tuesday at 7:00 a.m. in Room 104. This semester we will discuss Meditations on the Words of Jesus. This study does not require homework or the purchase of materials. We will look at the scriptures and discuss how they impact our view of God and how to apply them to our daily lives. Wherever you are in your walk with Christ, we invite you to come and enjoy getting to know new people as we grow together in our relationships with Jesus and each other.
Short-Term Exchange Program Hosting Opportunities – September 25
We will welcome students from our Brazil and Norwegian sister schools from September 25 to October 10 and are looking for families to host our Brazilian students in their homes. This is a great opportunity to be part of CVCA’s International Student Program (STEP)! The visiting students will be at school or on local field trips on weekdays and enjoy dinner with their host families each evening. They will also spend Sundays with their hosts and visit their local church. Contact Brenda Worth at email@example.com if you are interested.
Big Tent Event – September 23
Junior Royals and CVCA Summer Camp families are invited to the Big Tent Event located in the Royals Fieldhouse on Friday, September 23, from 6:00 to 7:30 pm. Enjoy an evening of football, carnival games, inflatables, treats, face painting, and more. Register HERE.
Not already a Junior Royal? Check out all the offerings HERE for our youngest Royals!
All studets are invited to play Ultimate Frisbee on Thursdays, 3:05-4:00 p.m. on the lawn in front of Royals Stadium. If you have any questions, see Mr. Harr.
SPIRIT WEEK – OCTOBER 3-7
We are looking forward to Spirit Week! Enjoy this CVCA tradition by participating in our Dress-up Days and Haven of Rest Outreach.
- Monday: Decade Day (Choose your favorite!)
- Tuesday: Texas Tuesday (Western Wear)
- Wednesday: Movie Character Day
- Thursday: Class Color Day (Wear clothing reflecting your class color: 6–Red; 7–Yellow; 8–Turquoise; 9–Orange; 10–Purple; 11– Lime Green; 12– Bright Pink)
- Friday: Royal Spirit Day
We encourage you to be creative and have fun as you prepare to dress up for each day’s theme. As you plan, it is very important for you to follow these guidelines:
- Students are not permitted to wear spandex shorts or any tight-fitting shorts. Shorts must be loose-fitting basketball, long athletic type shorts and cannot be shorter than two inches above the knee (even if worn with leggings or tights).
- No yoga or spandex pants, tank tops, or low tight-fitting shirts are permitted.
- Vulgar or mean-spirited costumes are not allowed.
- No jeans are permitted to be worn during Spirit Week.
- Students who dress up and do not follow these guidelines will be asked to change into uniform attire.
- Students not dressing in costume are to wear CVCA spirit wear and khakis.
Haven of Rest Outreach: Class points will be awarded for participation in donating items to Haven of Rest. Send one of the following to school any day during Spirit Week. Each grade will have their own bin to put items in during the week. Items will be counted on Friday morning earning points for each class towards the Spirit Stick.
Items to Donate:
- Plastic reading glasses
- Hair brushes & combs
- Toothbrushes & toothpaste
- Body wash
- Liquid dish soap
- Lysol wipes
- White socks (adult & children)
- Cans of soup
- Sloppy Joe sauce
- Styrofoam plates
- Boxes of tissues
- AA batteries
A BIG TOP HOMECOMING – October 8
All sophomores, juniors, and seniors are invited to Homecoming on Saturday, October 8, 7:30 -10:00 p.m. in the CVCA gymnasium. We’ll have desserts and snacks, dancing, games, prizes, and more! Students may want to consider having dinner with small groups of friends beforehand. Tickets for the formal event are $15 each and can be purchased September 26-30 in the Welcome Center lobby. (Please Note: A parent-signed waiver is required for every attendee to purchase tickets. Printable waivers are available HERE.)
September college Rep Visits
Bring a firm handshake and a smile to meet these Admissions representatives! Stop by the Learning Commons to learn more about these schools and how they might be a fit for you. A complete list is available on the MY CVCA page. Questions? See Mrs. Knapp or Mrs. Fridline in the Guidance Office.
- Gettysburg College – September 14, 10:30 a.m.
- Kent State University – September 15, 10:30 a.m.
- Malone University – September 15, 10:30 a.m.
- Belmont University – September 19, 12:30 p.m.
- Mount Vernon Nazarene University – September 20, 12:30 p.m.
- Calvin University – September 21, 10:30 a.m.
- Bethel University – September 21, 10:30 a.m.
- Spring Arbor University – September 21, 11:30 a.m.
- Miami University – September 26, 9:00 a.m.
- University of Mount Union – September 26, 12:30 p.m.
- Kenyon College – September 28 , 10:30 a.m.
- St. Bonaventure University – September 29, 10:30 a.m.
- University of Toledo – September 29, 10:30 a.m.
College Application Help
College applications are due November 1! Any seniors needing help filling out college applications are invited to the back table in the Learning Commons during your PRT to receive help from Mrs. Fridline:
- Friday, September 16
- Friday, September 30
- Friday, October 21
- Friday, October 28
Local College Fairs
Bring your resume and a firm handshake to meet college admissions reps at these upcoming College Fairs.
- CVCA will host a Christian College Fair on Tuesday, September 20, 6:00-8:00 p.m. in the Fieldhouse. Forty Christian colleges will be represented. Learn more at myblueprintstory.com. Register HERE. This is an excellent opportunity to collect information and get answers to questions on schools’ majors, financial aid, college life, and other areas of interest. The fair is open to the public, and there are no fees or obligations. Questions? Please contact Mrs. Sara Fridline at 330-929-0575, ext. 308
- A Private High School College Fair will be held on Wednesday, September 28, 6:00-7:30 p.m. at St. Vincent-St. Mary High School (Student Center). Colleges from all over the nation will be represented.
Military Academy Information Night – October 1
Congressman Joyce will hold a Military Academy Information Day on Saturday, October 1 at 9:30 a.m. at Auburn Career Center (8221 Auburn Road, Concord Township). The event will take place in the Technology Learning Center Building.
Representatives from each of the U.S. Military Academies have been invited to speak and will be available to talk with students and their families. The session is open to anyone interested in learning more about our U.S. Military Academies and the nomination process.
There’s a lot to remember and get done during Senior year. Watch here for reminders throughout the year.
SENIOR BABY ADS: It’s time to order baby ads for your seniors! The cost begins at $45 per block until November 4. Submissions will be accepted until Monday November 14, but the cost will be raised to $55 per block. Order forms are available HERE.
SPIRIT WEEK – OCTOBER
Volunteering at CVCA is a great way to get involved and meet other CVCA parents. Some of the opportunities available include preparing for school events such as the Royal Evening, Teacher Appreciation Week, and Junior-Senior Prom; supporting Admissions Office activities; sharing your professional skills as a mentor for one of the Schools of Distinction; or offering skills in landscaping, baking, and decorating. To get involved, please complete the Volunteer Form.
MIDDLE SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Welcome our New Middle school Ministry coordinator
Meet Dwayne Reed, our new Middle School Ministry Coordinator and Bible Teacher. A 2017 CVCA alum, Dwayne has a Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical Studies from Grace College and Seminary where he is also currently pursuing a Master’s Degree in Local Church Ministries. For the past year and a half, Dwayne has been an on-staff resident with Grace Church’s Bath Campus serving in the High School Ministry.
A fun fact about Dwayne – he served as the mascot for the Rubber Ducks!
Dwayne shared: “I’ve had the burden and calling on my life to do ministry since I made the decision to follow Jesus. He has gifted me with the ability to understand people and to walk people through the highs and lows of life. He has put a burden on my heart to communicate His Word to others in a way that makes sense to all generations. I have committed my life to this in whatever way it shows itself.”
Jumpstart Rewind – September 13
All 7th grade families are invited to JumpStart REWIND on Tuesday, September 13, 6:45-8:20 p.m. This is a great chance to meet other 7th grade families. We’ll start with dessert and fellowship in the Cafeteria, then head to the gym to hear student testimonies, see pictures from JumpStart, watch the JumpStart 2022 video, and close the night with worship, celebrating all that God did through JumpStart this year. Siblings of 7th graders are most welcome. To ensure that no 7th grader will have to choose between coming to REWIND and getting homework done, no homework will be due on Wednesday.
IGNITION REWIND – SEPTEMBER 14
All 6th grade families are invited to Ignition REWIND on Wednesday, September 14 at 6:30 p.m. in the Gym. We’ll enjoy dessert together then recap our time at camp with a video, hear from students, and spend time in worship together.
6th Grade Students – Wear your yellow Ignition shirts on Wednesday!
Swim/Dive Team Meeting – September 29
The CVCA Swim & Dive Team will have meetings during lunch periods on Thursday, September 29. The meetings will be held in the Learning Commons foyer. All high school students interested in swimming or diving should plan to attend. Questions? Contact Coach Kelly Suplit at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volley for the Cure – October 6
Order your Volley for the Cure Tshirt HERE by September 18 and wear it to the October 6 Volleyball game against Tuslaw.
Pinkout Game – October 7
In addition to Homecoming, Friday, October 7 will be the annual PinkOut Game for the CVCA Football program. CVCA students, families and friends are encouraged to support the cause by purchasing and wearing PinkOut shirts. Shirts can be ordered HERE through Sunday, September 18. Shirts will be distributed to students during school the week of October 3.
Football Game Themes
The CVCA Cheer program has announced the football themes for the 2022 season. Royals fans, especially students, are encouraged to participate in each theme night throughout the season. Join the CVCA cheerleaders in making football nights fun for all.
- September 16: at Triway – 80s/Neon
- September 22: vs. Fairless – Western
- September 30: at Northwest – White-Out
- October 7: vs. Orrville – Pink-Out
- October 14: at Tuslaw – PJs
- October 21: vs. Manchester – Black-Out
Booster Club Golf Outing – October 1
The 2022 CVCA Booster Golf Outing will be held on Saturday, October 1 at Fox Den Golf Course. Registration is now open, and we are looking for golfers and sponsors for this year’s event. This is the 8th year for the golf outing which serves as the largest fundraising event for the CVCA Booster Club. Visit athletic.cvcaroyals.org/boostergolf for more information and to register today. Questions? Contact Jason Herblet at email@example.com or 330-929-0575, ext. 219.
Booster Club Sponsor Opportunities
The CVCA Athletic Booster Club is looking for local companies to partner with for the 2022-23 school year. We would love to promote your company at our athletic events! Please reach out to our Assistant AD, Jason Herblet, at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on our different packages.