The Royal Weekly
May 1, 2023
Please keep these school policies in mind for after school times:
- For the safety of all students, it is critical that families pick up students as close to the 2:50 p.m. dismissal time as possible. If a student does not have an extracurricular practice, club meeting, or rehearsal they need to leave campus.
- In order for thorough cleaning to occur each afternoon, the building needs to be clear of students by 3:05 p.m.
- Between 2:50 and 3:05 p.m. students are encouraged to transition to their after-school practice or leave campus immediately at 2:50.
- General supervision will not be provided after 2:50 p.m. Students involved in athletics, fine arts, and other after-school activities are under the supervision of coaches, sponsors, etc.
- After 3:15 pm students should plan to be picked up at the Rasnick Center.
May Spirit Week – May 1-5
Let’s celebrate this first week of May with a fun dress-down spirit-filled week!
MONDAY – JERSEY DAY: Students can wear their favorite team’s jersey, a CVCA jersey, and any sports gear to represent their favorite team and/or sport.
TUESDAY – CVCA ROYALS BLUE SPIRIT DAY: Students can show their school spirit by wearing CVCA Royals blue spirit wear.
WEDNESDAY – HOLIDAY DAY: Students may dress up to depict their favorite holiday. For example: students whose favorite holiday is Christmas may wear an ugly Christmas sweater.
THURSDAY – STAR WARS DAY (MAY THE 4TH): Since May 4th is National Star Wars Day, students may appropriately dress up like their favorite Star Wars character or wear a Star Wars T-shirt or sweatshirt. (Note: no weapons of any kind are permitted on campus.)
FRIDAY – CLASS COLOR DAY:
- 6th Grade: Red
- 7th Grade: Yellow
- 8th Grade: Black
- 9th Grade: Orange
- 10th Grade: Purple
- 11th Grade: Green
- 12th Grade Pink
Important Details to Note:
- Students not dressing in costume are to wear CVCA spirit wear and uniform khaki or black pants.
- No yoga or spandex pants, tank tops, or low tight-fitting shirts are permitted.
- Vulgar or mean-spirited costumes or clothes are not allowed.
- No jeans are permitted to be worn during Spirit Week.
- Students who dress up and do not follow these guidelines will receive appropriate SAS related consequences.
New Science Summer Camps!
In addition to CVCA’s sports and theaters camps, we have added three science camps! LEARN MORE AND REGISTER HERE.
- Science Exploration Camp: June 5-8 | 9 am – 3 pm | Entering Grades 2-6 | $225
- Living Wonders Science Camp: June 19-22 | 9 am – 3 pm | Entering Grades 2-6 | $225
- STEM Discovery Camp: July 24-27 | 9 am – 3 pm | Entering Grades 2-6 | $225
Information about all of our camps is available HERE.
Boys Lacrosse Chipotle Fundraiser – Today!
Support the CVCA Boys Lacrosse program at the Hudson Chipotle (5 Atterbury Blvd., Suite 1) on Monday, May 1 from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. Order online using the code “72LBLZP” or show this flyer in person. The Lacrosse Program will receive 33% of sales from the event.
Career Window – May 2
FBI Special Agent Kurt Dirker, United States Department of Justice will speak with high school students during both lunches on Tuesday, May 2 in room 109 for our last Career Window of the school year.
Royal Fools Improv Show – May 5
Join us for a night of laughter on Friday, May 5 in the Chapel. The show is FREE, so bring a friend!
SOBE ANNUAL MARKETING PITCH EVENT – May 9
CVCA presents SOBE’s 8th Annual Marketing Pitch Event on Tuesday, May 9, 5:30-8:00 p.m. (doors open at 5). Juniors will present their marketing plans to a panel of judges in front of a live audience. More details are available HERE.
Spring Choir Concert – May 10
Please join us for our Spring Choir Concert. Five choirs will perform at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, May 10 in the Chapel. We will feature and honor our seniors.
Show Choir Band Musicians Needed
Before the pandemic, CVCA’s Royal Vision Show Choir consisted of singers, dancers, and a live band. However, quarantine shut down the band part of Show Choir. We are excited to announce we are now bringing back the band! We need: two guitar players (acoustic and electric), a bass player, and a drummer. If you are interested, we would love to have you! Contact Owen Ferdig at email@example.com.
CVCA Golf Classic – June 12
Save the Date! Our annual Golf Classic will return to Glenmoor Country Club on June 12. Sponsorship and Registration is available HERE.
adjusted schedule Days
Late Starts: May 3, 10, 17
Middle School Class Shirt Day – March 23
As part of this week’s March Madness competition, middle school students are invited to wear their class t-shirts on Thursday, March 23 to earn points for their class.
- Grade 8 – LaunchPoint – Black Lion Shirt
- Grade 7 – Light Blue– JumpStart Shirt
- Grade 6 – Yellow – Ignition Shirt
Girls Cross Country Information Meeting – May 10
All high school girls interested in participating in Cross Country in the fall should plan to attend a meeting on Wednesday, May 3 after school in Room 185. Please direct any questions to Coach Hallis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Boys Golf Information Meeting – May 10
Any boys interested in playing golf in the fall should plan to attend an information meeting on Wednesday, May 10 during lunch 5a and 5b in Room 105. If you have any questions, see Coach Armstrong in the SMO or email email@example.com.
Cheer Clinics and Tryouts – May 17 and 20
2023-24 Cheer clinics and tryouts are fast approaching. Contact Coach Emily Lentz at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- CLINICS: May 17, 5:00-8:00 p.m. – Main Gym – Learn all tryout material, review cheerleading skills, and practice in tryout groups
- TRYOUTS: May 20, 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. – Main Gym
2023-2024 Sports Registration Now Open
Sports Registration for the 2023-2024 school year is now open in FinalForms. Visit cvca-oh.finalforms.com to register today. Create a new account if you have not used FinalForms with CVCA before. After logging in, visit the “My Students” section and select the option to switch to 2023-2024 registration. Then select the sport(s) you wish to register your student for. Early registration helps make sure you are on the contact list for summer activities. Be sure to check the status of your sports physical and turn in an updated copy if needed. If you have any questions, please contact Ben Miller at email@example.com.
Sports Physicals at CVCA – May 18
Summa Health will offer sports physicals at CVCA on Thursday, May 18 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. These physicals will be valid for the entire 2023-2024 school year. Mark your calendars and look for more information in the weeks to come. REGISTER HERE.
- 6:00 p.m. – Last name A – I
- 6:30 p.m. – Last name J – S
- 7:00 p.m. – Last name T – Z