The Royal Weekly
March 7, 2022
Royal Evening online tickets available
You are invited to preview this year’s Royal Evening Auction items HERE. Bookmark this site and check back throughout the week as we unveil exciting new items every day!
Parents unable to attend the Royal Evening in-person may still participate in the auction by purchasing an online-only Participation Ticket HERE for $10. Online-only ticket holders will receive a unique email invitation for exclusive access to the program and auction starting at 7:00 p.m. this Saturday, March 12.
The Royal Evening is CVCA’s largest community-wide fundraising event that celebrates the Lord’s faithfulness to CVCA for over 50 years. Celebrating together during this fun night of giving is a highlight of the school year! Consider purchasing an online ticket if you can’t attend in-person.
Spring Musical Tickets
Tickets for Fiddler on the Roof can be purchased at itickets.com.
- April 22, 23, 27, 29 – 7:00 p.m.
- April 30 – 2:00 p.m.
Wednesday April 27 is Junior Royals Night with general admission. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. Tickets can be purchased online or with check or cash at the door. Junior Royals members receive one free admission ticket. Family members pay standard admission.
March Madness House competition continues
Our first-ever CVCA March Madness House Competition will continue through Thursday, March 17. Check the House email (HERE) for details. For any questions about participating, check in with your Heads of House. Competitions will include:
- Finder’s Keepers
- Hot Shots
- Spring Flowers
- March Madness
- St. Patrick’s Day Pep Assembly
Check out these Royal Evening Auction Items!
Here are two more great items up for bid at this Saturday’s Royal Evening Silent Auction:
- Pontoon Boat Cruise on Portage Lakes for up to eight guests for approximately one and a half hours – Guests may bring their own food and drinks to enjoy while cruising on this Duffy 22-foot electric pontoon boat.
- A rare, mint condition, original Norman Rockwell poster printed by the Office of War Information – One of the “Four Freedoms” posters Commissioned by the Saturday Evening Post to depict the Four Freedoms Franklin D. Roosevelt identified as essential human rights in his January 1941 State of the Union Address, this poster has been archivally linen-backed, ready for you to frame for your home.
The Silent and Live Auctions are guaranteed to have something for everyone thanks to the gracious donations of CVCA parents, parents of alumni, and friends!
Meet Our Royal Evening Sponsors
We are thrilled to have Trinity Pension Consultants as a Royal Evening Silver Sponsor. Trinity is a Third-Party Administration firm that provides administration, plan design, and actuarial consulting services for company retirement plans. “Included in our company purpose statement is a desire to glorify God and change peoples lives. One way we do that is through our connection with CVCA where we try to build relationships and make an impact with students through SOBE and athletics.” We encourage you to learn more about Trinity HERE.
We are also thankful for our other Silver Sponsors: CVCA Parents of Alumni, Digital Print Solutions, and Wealth Impact Advisors. Check out all of our Royal Evening sponsors at cvcaroyals.org/giving-events.
graduation tickets order form – due march 16
Ukraine Crisis Fund
Please make note of these upcoming calendar items:
- Tuesday, March 15 – ACT Testing for grades 9, 10, 11 – 7:50 a.m. to noon (The Cafeteria will be closed.)
- Tuesday, March 15 – No school for grades 6, 7, 8, and 12
- Thursday, April 7 – Additional late start day
- Thursday, May 5 – Additional late start day
Are you interested in working at Camp Carl for the summer?
Juniors and Seniors – If you love working with kids and want to have a great summer, consider working at Camp Carl! Camp representatives will be in the Learning Commons all day on Friday, March 18 to talk to any juniors and seniors interested in joining their team for Summer 2022.
CVCA Summer Camps Registration Now Open
CVCA offers summer camps for children ages 7-16. Led by CVCA coaches and varsity athletes, campers enjoy learning new skills and making new friends in a Christ-centered environment. Space is limited, so please register by the Friday before each camp begins. More information and registration details are available HERE.
Traffic and Parking Reminders
As construction advances with the Chapel and Rasnick Center additions, it is important to follow traffic and parking guidelines. Please drive very carefully as we work through the parking lot changes, and remember:
- Students should not be dropped off or picked up at the main entrance before and after school. This area is reserved for busses at those times.
- Students are not permitted to park in the visitor parking spaces in front of the building. It is important that these spots remain open for visitors. Additional parking spaces are available on the far side of the building by the Royals Fieldhouse and tennis courts.
UPCOMING COLLEGE REP VISITS
- Monday, March 14 – Grace College will have a representative in the Learning Commons at 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 5 – A rep from the University of Tampa in Florida will be in the Learning Commons at 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 6 – A rep from Lynn University in Boca Raton, Florida will be in the Learning Commons at 10:30 a.m.
Student Summer Opportunities
Wheaton College Summer Institute: Experience college and grow in your faith this summer. You can live on campus, explore academic disciplines, earn college credit, and worship together during chapel services at Wheaton College, June 19- July 2. Learn more HERE.
Kings College Summer Program: All of the following tracks are taught by Christian faculty and include how the truths of Christianity relate to their respective content. Stay in NYC: $1950 | Commuter: $1000 | Online: $200 (covers all meals, supplies, excursions, tuition, and local transportation) More information is available HERE or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- JULY 10-15, 2022 (in person) – Faith and Finance American Legal Studies Christianity and the City
- JULY 17-22, 2022 (online) – New York City on Film Investments and Innovations in Finance
- JULY 24-29, 2022 (in person) – Arts & Culture Reporting Sports Reporting Speech and Debate
West Point Summer Leaders Experience: Juniors, apply to the West Point Summer Leaders Experience by March 15 to take a behind-the-scenes look at West Point and see how they develop leaders of character. This weeklong immersive on-campus experience runs May 28 to June 3, and June 4 to June 10, 2022. There is no fee to apply, and generous need-based scholarships are available. Standardized test scores are not required, but the ideal applicant has a strong academic background and participates in team sports and other extracurricular activities. Note: When you apply for SLE you are also submitting an admissions screening application. More information is available HERE.