The Royal Weekly
March 21, 2022
Record-Breaking Results for the Royal Evening!
Together, the CVCA community gave $330,902 at Royal Evening 2022 for student tuition assistance, making it the largest in-person giving event at CVCA! This amount is a 60% increase over last year. Thank you to the many students, parents, alumni, staff, and faculty who made Royal Evening a true celebration of the Lord’s faithfulness to CVCA for over 50 years. Each hand that helped through prayer, seeking donations, logging in donations, packing celebration boxes, creating centerpieces, serving guests, attending, giving, and cleaning up is a testimony to how our CVCA community comes together to celebrate and help more students have the opportunity to attend this school. Thank you!
Invite friends to Our Last Admissions Event of the year
So many of our families hear about CVCA from you, your kids, and from your personal invitations and testimonials. Please consider inviting families around you to attend our Family Preview Night on Tuesday, April 5, from 5:00 to 7:30 p.m. This will be the last Admissions event of this school year. We have seen a tremendous rise in applications this year, and are encouraging families to apply while there is still time and space! More information is available HERE.
Don't wait to apply for the 2022-2023 school year!
Don’t wait! If you were planning to enroll a sibling for next school year, please apply soon. With nearly 50% more student applications for next year than in previous years, space is limited. There’s still time, and students who enroll soon will be able to attend Student Prep Day on May 25.
Spring Musical Tickets
Tickets for Fiddler on the Roof can be purchased at itickets.com.
- April 22, 23, 27, 29 – 7:00 p.m.
- April 30 – 2:00 p.m.
Wednesday, April 27 is Junior Royals Night with general admission. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. Tickets can be purchased online or with check or cash at the door. Junior Royals members receive one free admission ticket. Family members pay standard admission.
Middle School Academic Challenge Team Heads to National Tournament
Last month, competing against twenty-one other schools in an online tournament called the Knowledge Master Open, CVCA’s Middle School Academic Challenge team took second place, earning an invitation to a national tournament in Chicago this summer. Congratulations to captain Owen Lee and the rest of the MS AC students on a job well done!
CVCA Summer Camps Registration Now Open
CVCA offers summer camps for children ages 7-16. Led by CVCA coaches and varsity athletes, campers enjoy learning new skills and making new friends in a Christ-centered environment. Space is limited, so please register by the Friday before each camp begins. More information and registration details are available HERE.
Traffic and Parking Reminders
As construction advances with the Chapel and Rasnick Center additions, it is important to follow traffic and parking guidelines. Please drive very carefully as we work through the parking lot changes, and remember:
- Students should not be dropped off or picked up at the main entrance before and after school. This area is reserved for busses at those times.
- Students are not permitted to park in the visitor parking spaces in front of the building. It is important that these spots remain open for visitors. Additional parking spaces are available on the far side of the building by the Royals Fieldhouse and tennis courts.
Ukraine Crisis Fund
Virtural College Fair
Explore virtual college booths at your leisure through April 1. On-demand college-prep webinars and live events are also available. Meet face-to-face with college reps through live events on Wednesday, March 23 and Thursday, March 31.
UPCOMING COLLEGE REP VISITS
- Tuesday, April 5 – A rep from the University of Tampa in Florida will be in the Learning Commons at 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 6 – A rep from Lynn University in Boca Raton, Florida will be in the Learning Commons at 10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, April 6 – A college representative from Shawnee State University will be in the Learning Commons at 10:30 a.m.
Student Summer Opportunities
Wheaton College Summer Institute:Experience college and grow in your faith this summer. You can live on campus, explore academic disciplines, earn college credit, and worship together during chapel services at Wheaton College, June 19 – July 2. Learn more HERE.
Kings College Summer Program: All of the following tracks are taught by Christian faculty and include how the truths of Christianity relate to their respective content. Stay in NYC: $1950 | Commuter: $1000 | Online: $200 (covers all meals, supplies, excursions, tuition, and local transportation) More information is available HERE or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- JULY 10-15, 2022 (in person) – Faith and Finance American Legal Studies Christianity and the City
- JULY 17-22, 2022 (online) – New York City on Film Investments and Innovations in Finance
- JULY 24-29, 2022 (in person) – Arts & Culture Reporting Sports Reporting Speech and Debate