The Royal Weekly
January 31, 2022
ADMISSIONS EVENTS – february 10 & 18
Do you know families who may be interested in CVCA? Invite them to one of our upcoming Admissions events!
- FAMILY PREVIEW NIGHT – February 10, 6:00-7:30 p.m.
- MIDDLE SCHOOL PREVIEW NIGHT – February 18, 5:00-6:30 p.m.
Questions? Please contact Elissa Hyatt at 330-929-0575, ext. 221 or email email@example.com
Parent Connections – Come Learn about the Royal Evening – February 1
Parents, if you have wanted to get more involved in our school, the March 12 Royal Evening celebration is a perfect way to do that. There are two more Parent Connection opportunities to learn about the Royal Evening. Kristin Nichols, Royal Evening Coordinator, will share details about the event and how you can help out.
- Tuesday, February 1 at 11:30 a.m. for lunch at Aladdin’s in Hudson
- Tuesday, February 1 at 6:00 p.m. at Panera, 8928 Darrow Rd, Twinsburg (back seating area)
Softball Meeting – February 2
All high school girls interested in playing softball in the spring should attend an information meeting on Wednesday, February 2 during lunch periods in the Athletic Conference Room. Bring your lunch!
ACT Test Prep Classes at CVCA – register by february 3
- Test prep is through PATHworks!
- Three sessions: February 7, 9, 11 – 3:15-6:00 p.m.
- Location: CVCA Room 112
- Deadline to Register: February 3
- First Class: Full practice test and score with feedback
- Second Class: GROUNDWork, English, and Math sections
- Third Class: Action Planning, Reading, and Science sections
School Calendar Changes and Additions
- Thursday, February 3 – Late Start – 9:22 a.m. (Students may be dropped off at 7:15 if needed)
- Friday, February 18 – No School – Faculty Staff Development Day
- Thursday, March 3 – Late Start – 9:22 a.m. (Students may be dropped off at 7:15 if needed)
- Thursday, April 7– Late Start – 9:22 a.m. (Students may be dropped off at 7:15 if needed)
- Thursday, May 5– Late Start – 9:22 a.m. (Students may be dropped off at 7:15 if needed)
- Wednesday-Friday, May 18-20 – Senior Trip New Dates
STUDENT PHOTO CONTEST – February 7 Deadline
All CVCA students are invited to participate in the Yearbook’s Photo Contest! To submit a photo, email your picture to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Photo Contest.” All submissions are due by February 7, 2022 and the winner will be published in this year’s Yearbook! Direct questions and photos to Miss Slovisky in Room 143 (email@example.com) or Yearbook staff member JoAnna Boston (firstname.lastname@example.org).
contact information update
Parents, please make sure all of your contact information (phone, mobile, and email) is current in RenWeb (Family Portal). This will ensure that you receive all important notifications from the school, including Snow Days and other emergency school closures.
During the week of February 13, you will receive an email concerning the Continuous Enrollment process and re-registration (with tuition and financial aid information) for the 2022-2023 school year.
VALENTINE’S CHOCOLATE-COVERED STRAWBERRIES
AVI Food Service is offering chocolate-covered strawberries for Valentine’s Day. Order one or more boxes (four strawberries per box) by Friday, February 11 to ensure delivery by Valentine’s Day. Order forms are available HERE.
Winter Social – February 26
All CVCA students in grades 9-12 are invited to the 2022 Winter Social at Todaro’s Party Center on Saturday, February 26, 7:30-10:00 p.m.
- Tickets ($15 each) will go on sale February 14 in the Welcome Center (no online sales)
- Desserts and beverages
- Casual attire
- Dancing, entertainment, and more
- CVCA Students only – No outside guests
- Parent-signed waiver required to purchase tickets
Watch for further details to come soon!
UPCOMING COLLEGE REP VISITS
Wednesday, February 23 – An information lunch will be held at 11:48 a.m. with a rep from Grand Canyon University in Phoenix, Arizona. Any junior with at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA that would like to learn more about GCU and potentially visit with your family at a reduced cost or free with students next fall, please attend this meeting. Email Mrs. Knapp at email@example.com to register for the lunch meeting or if you have any questions.
Tuesday, April 5 – A rep from the University of Tampa in Florida will be in the Learning Commons at 12:30.
Wednesday, April 6 – A rep from Lynn University in Boca Raton, Florida will be in the Learning Commons at 10:30 a.m.
We are getting Excited about the Royal Evening – March 12
It is a CVCA tradition that each class contributes a gift basket (or multiple baskets) to the Royal Evening Silent Auction to raise funds for student tuition assistance. This is an easy way for CVCA families to help our school’s biggest in-person fundraiser. You will soon receive an email or SignUp Genius notice from your Royal Evening Class Coordinator:
- 6th grade – Kim Tausch
- 7th and 8th grade – Traci Willison
- 9th grade – Jill Schwarzbek and Karen Steigmeier
- 10th grade – Kelly Cook
- 11th grade – Julie Gorsuch
- 12th grade – Erin Aldridge, Haylee Crecco, and Bettie Schmikla
Meet Our Royal Evening Sponsors
We are grateful to Simmons Brothers Construction for being the VIP sponsor of the 2022 Royal Evening and general contractor for CVCA’s recent and upcoming construction.
Simmons Brothers Construction is a family-owned and operated business whose primary focus has been commercial, industrial, and institutional construction since 1959. Currently, third, fourth, and fifth generations of Simmons builders work for S.B.C. They are proud of their heritage, that of tradesmen – people skilled with their hands and adept at their craft. They offer an experienced, knowledgeable, and trustworthy Design/Build Team that is sincerely committed to meeting the goals of our customers. This team consists of many family-owned subcontracting businesses and includes second and third generation tradesmen who work hand-in-hand with us. When it comes to design/build construction, nobody does it better. We encourage you to learn more about Simmons Brothers at at simmonsbrothers.net.
Mterm – March 21-25
We are very excited about all the activities planned for our students during Mterm – March 21-25. We are still planning to hold all scheduled on-campus classes, area activities, and domestic trips.