The Royal Weekly
February 28, 2022
Late Start Days
- Wednesday, March 2
- Thursday, March 3
- Wednesday, April 6
- Thursday, April 7
- Wednesday, May 4
- Thursday, May 5
Royal Evening tickets available NOW
Don’t miss the 23rd Annual Royal Evening! The March 12 event will be held in the Royals Fieldhouse, and we would love for every parent to attend. On your reservation, ask for a grade level or sports team table and we’ll sit you with fellow parents for a FUN night of giving and celebrating God’s faithfulness to CVCA. Get ready for a 24-foot charcuterie table, coffee bar, delicious dinner, fun auction items, laughter, and entertainment. Get your ticket today!
Get ready for some crazy House competition – March 1-17
We are excited to kick off the first ever CVCA March Madness House Competition! This will run from Tuesday, March 1 through Thursday, March 17. Check the House email (HERE) for details. For any questions about participating, check in with your Heads of House. Competitions will include:
- Finder’s Keepers
- Hot Shots
- Spring Flowers
- March Madness
- St. Patrick’s Day Pep Assembly
CVCA Summer Camps Registration Now Open
CVCA offers summer camps for children ages 7-16. Led by CVCA coaches and varsity athletes, campers enjoy learning new skills and making new friends in a Christ-centered environment. Space is limited, so please register by the Friday before each camp begins. More information and registration details are available HERE.
Traffic and Parking Reminders
As construction advances with the Chapel and Rasnick Center additions, it is important to follow traffic and parking guidelines. Please remember:
- Students should not be dropped off or picked up at the main entrance before and after school. This area is reserved for busses at those times.
- Students are not permitted to park in the visitor parking spaces in front of the building. It is important that these spots remain open for visitors. Additional parking spaces are available on the far side of the building by the Royals Fieldhouse and tennis courts.
Spring Musical Tickets
Tickets for Fiddler on the Roof go on sale to the public today at itickets.com.
- April 22, 23, 27, 29 – 7:00 p.m.
- April 30 – 2:00 p.m.
Wednesday April 27 is Junior Royals Night with general admission. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. Tickets can be purchased online or with check or cash at the door. Junior Royals members receive one free admission ticket. Family members pay standard admission.
PSAT Scores Available
In October, students in grades 8-11 took the CollegeBoard PSAT. Scores are now available on the Collegeboard website. Students who have not created a Student Account will need to do so at collegeboard.org to see their scores.
Are you interested in working at Camp Carl for the summer?
Juniors and Seniors – If you love working with kids and want to have a great summer, consider working at Camp Carl! Camp representatives will be in the Learning Commons all day on Friday, March 18 to talk to any juniors and seniors interested in joining their team for Summer 2022.
Spring Sports Registration to Begin Soon
Spring sports are starting soon. Parents, please double check your athlete’s registration and status in FinalForms. Log in at cvca-oh.finalforms.com to access your account. Register for sports under the “My Students” tab and complete all the required pre-participation requirements.
Athletic Fees can be paid at athletics.cvcaroyals.org/athletic_fee.
Contact your coach with any questions about the upcoming season. Coach information is available in the Athletics Directory.
Royal Fools Improv Show – March 4
Join us for an evening of laughter with the Royal Fools, CVCA’s improv group. The FREE show will be in the CVCA Chapel on Friday, March 4 at 7:00 p.m.
Check out these Royal Evening Auction Items!
Be ready for SNOW next year with these two Royal Evening auction items – thanks to generous donations from individual parents of alum!
- Make clearing snow less of a hassle with a Troy-Bilt Storm 2600 Two Stage Snow Blower. With a 208cc Troy-Bilt electric-start engine, 26-in clearing width and 20″ intake height capable of handling up to 12″ of snowfall, it will be quick work in a heavy, icy snow.
- Hit the slopes with this new 2022 Rossignol Sawblade snowboard with Viper bindings, Giro Ledge helmet, and Classic Head boots. Easy-to-ride freestyle specialty snowboard with AmpTek AutoTurn rocker for playful performance, a softer symmetrical flex, and a True Twin Shape. Winner will have the opportunity to swap out the boots for the right size.
Meet Our Royal Evening Sponsors
- We are grateful to have Hudson Wealth Management as a Royal Evening Silver Sponsor. Founded by alumnus Mark Wilcox, Hudson Wealth Management is a dedicated team of financial service professionals serving high net worth individuals, families, and corporations. They write: “Each of our team members has their own unique background and qualifications, expanding the level of seasoned financial experience the firm is able to offer. At HWM, we strive to build a relationship that helps us understand your needs and create a plan that fits you best.” Learn more at hudson-wealth.com.
- Thanks, also, to our Silver Sponsor, Thompson Electric. They write: “Congratulations on offering God’s children a faith-based, quality education for over 50 years! And He said, ‘Let the children come to me.’ All of us at Thompson Electric, Inc. wish you much success for your Royal Evening fundraiser. We are honored to be a part of it.” Learn more at thompsonelectric.com
Check out the Royal Evening and all our sponsors at cvcaroyals.org/giving-event.
Are you interested in the Medical Field?
Any high school students interested in learning more about careers in the medical field are encouraged to attend this March 1 Career Window with CVCA alum, Dr. Jason Kolb. We’ll meet in the SOBE Room (109). During 5A and 5B lunches.
UPCOMING COLLEGE REP VISITS
- Thursday, March 3 – Are you interested in hearing about West Point or other military academies? A West Point representative will be at CVCA on Thursday, March 3, 10:00-11:00 a.m. Please sign up to attend with Mrs. Fridline.
- Thursday, March 3 – A Representative from Grove City College will be in the Learning Commons at 10:30 a.m.
- Monday, March 14 – Grace College will have a representative in the Learning Commons at 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 5 – A rep from the University of Tampa in Florida will be in the Learning Commons at 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 6 – A rep from Lynn University in Boca Raton, Florida will be in the Learning Commons at 10:30 a.m.
Student Summer Opportunities
Wheaton College Summer Institute: Experience college and grow in your faith this summer. You can live on campus, explore academic disciplines, earn college credit, and worship together during chapel services at Wheaton College, June 19- July 2. Learn more HERE.
Kings College Summer Program: All of the following tracks are taught by Christian faculty and include how the truths of Christianity relate to their respective content. Stay in NYC: $1950 | Commuter: $1000 | Online: $200 (covers all meals, supplies, excursions, tuition, and local transportation) More information is available HERE or contact email@example.com.
- JULY 10-15, 2022 (in person) – Faith and Finance American Legal Studies Christianity and the City
- JULY 17-22, 2022 (online) – New York City on Film Investments and Innovations in Finance
- JULY 24-29, 2022 (in person) – Arts & Culture Reporting Sports Reporting Speech and Debate
West Point Summer Leaders Experience: Juniors, apply to the West Point Summer Leaders Experience by March 15 to take a behind-the-scenes look at West Point and see how they develop leaders of character. This weeklong immersive on-campus experience runs May 28 to June 3, and June 4 to June 10, 2022. There is no fee to apply, and generous need-based scholarships are available. Standardized test scores are not required, but the ideal applicant has a strong academic background and participates in team sports and other extracurricular activities. Note: When you apply for SLE you are also submitting an admissions screening application. More information is available HERE.