The Royal Weekly
February 20, 2023
Tuition Assistance Application Deadline – March 15, 2023
We understand that families investing in a CVCA education may need and qualify for financial assistance. We were blessed to see over 3 million dollars of tuition assistance given to eligible CVCA families last year and are prayerfully able to exceed that total for the next school year.
The deadline to apply for Tuition Assistance is March 15, 2023. Please utilize the FACTS application HERE.
CVCA EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Are you interested in working at CVCA? Check out the Employment Opportunities page on the CVCA website for faculty, staff, and coaching openings throughout the year. This is a great place to work!
THE ROYAL EVENING – MARCH 11
What is the Royal Evening?
On Saturday, March 11, 2023 at 5:00 p.m., we will gather for our annual Royal Evening – a highlight of the year for CVCA families, students, and alumni. A celebration of God’s faithfulness to CVCA, the Royal Evening is our largest annual fundraiser for student tuition assistance. Please join us for great food, fun, fellowship, and the ever-popular silent and live auctions. Purchase your tickets HERE today!
Royal Evening Parent Connections Coffee Break – February 23
The March 11 Royal Evening is the biggest community night and largest fundraiser at CVCA. There are opportunities for every family to get involved! Join us for a Parent Connections Coffee Break on Thursday, February 23 at 8:00 a.m. in the CVCA Learning Commons to learn about this important event and how you can help make it a success. (Park in a visitor slot and sign in at the Welcome Center.) Questions? Contact Kristin Nichols at firstname.lastname@example.org.
february 24 Deadline:
Middle School Gift Card Bonanza at Royal Evening
Middle school families are invited to contribute to the Royal Evening middle school Gift Card Bonanza by sending a gift card with their student. This is a special area of the Silent Auction in which a person can pull a random gift card for a pre-set donation. The middle school grade with the highest participation will have the honor of naming Mr. Iannetta’s new four tropical fish in his office. Thank you so much for helping make the Royal Evening a success!
- Cards can be for anywhere – a favorite place you would shop or eat would be great.
- Cards should be new, unused (back not scratched off), and should have the amount written on the back.
- Place card(s) in an envelope with your family’s name and student’s grade and send it with your student to the Middle School Office (place in the Royal Evening box).
- The deadline to donate is Friday, February 24.
- Royal Evening Class Coordinator Sheila Swift, 8th grade mom of Mylie, would be happy to answer your questions. You can call or text her at 440-241-5948.
february 24 Deadline:
Royal Evening High School Class Donations
The Royal Evening has an annual tradition of showcasing grade-level class gifts in the silent auction. These baskets are highly popular among bidding guests!
Below are links for each high school grade and the Class Gift Coordinator. Each Sign Up Genius form describes specific gift baskets and packages you can contribute to. Kindly sign up for an item or two, buy them, and send them in to the Welcome Center by Friday, February 24 with a post-it note stating “Royal Evening,” which grade-level basket the item is for, and your name. THANK YOU for making the Royal Evening a success to raise funds for student tuition assistance!
- 9th Grade Sign Up HERE. Parent Contact: Kelly Danhauer (email@example.com)
- 10th Grade Sign Up HERE. Parent Contacts: Jill Schwarzbeck (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Karen Steigmeier (email@example.com)
- 11th Grade HERE. Parent Contact: Kelly Cook (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 12th Grad Sign Up HERE. Parent Contact: Julie Gorsuch (email@example.com)
join the fun – volunteer for the royal evening!
PARENTS: It takes a mini army to put on the Royal Evening. To make it a grand success, we need you to volunteer! There are opportunities to help the week before and the day of the event on Saturday, March 11. There are also roles that allow you to help AND attend the Royal Evening. Please sign up HERE today!
STUDENTS: Sign up by Friday, February 24 to be eligible for a random drawing of five gift card prizes! To volunteer, please complete THIS FORM. If you have questions, pcontact Jennifer Meybaum at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Our Royal Evening Sponsors
Heartfelt thanks to the following sponsors who are helping make the Royal Evening a fantastic event:
- Royal Silver Sponsors: Digital Print Solutions, The Siff Family, Thompson Electric, Inc. and Wealth Impact Advisors
- Friend of CVCA: Andrews Moving and Storage, BBS & Associates
We encourage you to support all of our sponsors and visit their websites! To learn more about Royal Evening sponsorships, contact Jennifer Meybaum at email@example.com.
Congratulations Talking Royals!
On Friday and Saturday, February 17-18, the Talking Royals competed against 27 other schools in the Eastern Ohio District’s national qualifying speech and debate tournament. Sophomore Megan Marshall placed fifth in Program Oral Interpretation, becoming the first CVCA student to qualify for the National Finals Tournament since 2014. The rest of the team performed well, with highlights including a 9th place finish by junior Public Forum Debate pair Molly Hillyard and Donovan Brown and an Original Oratory semi-final round appearance by junior Avery Langenfeld.
Summer Camps Registration Opens Friday, February 24
CVCA offers summer camps for children ages 7-16. Led by CVCA coaches and athletes and Royal Theatre directors and student-actors, campers enjoy learning new skills and making new friends in a Christ-centered environment. Registration will open on Friday, February 24.
Wednesday Morning Worship – March 1
All students are invited to join the CVCA faculty and staff for worship in the Chapel on Wednesday, March 1 at 7:50 a.m.
Breakfast Together – A Time for Students and Parents to Connect
Our CVCA Administration and Student Ministry Team is thrilled to invite our students and their parents to share a special time of connection and breakfast together. You don’t want to miss out! The events will be held in the Rasnick Center at 7:45 a.m. and cost $5 per person. Watch your email for registration information!
- Thursday, March 2 – High School Mothers and Daughters
- Wednesday, March 8 – Middle School Mothers and Daughters
- Wednesday, April 5 – Middle School Fathers and Sons
- Wednesday, April 12 – High School Fathers and Sons
Royal Fools Improv Show – March 3
Join the Royal Fools improv group for an evening of laughter on Friday, March 3 at 7:00 p.m. in the Chapel. The show is FREE, so bring a friend!
TESTING AT CVCA – March 14
Students in grades 6, 7, 8, and 12 will not report to school on Tuesday, March 14.
All students in grades 9, 10, and 11 will have a half-day of school for testing. Students should arrive by 7:50 a.m. and report to their testing rooms. Grades 9 and 10 will take the Pre-ACT. Students in grade 11 will take the official ACT test. All testing will be done at 11:50 a.m. and should be picked up at that time.
ACT TEST PREP
ACT test preparation is available at CVCA through our test prep partner, PATHworks! Students attend three sessions on February 27, March 1, and March 3, 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. in Room 112. Questions may be directed to the PATHworks! class instructor, Patricia Smoot-Wicks, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-861-4973. Register HERE.
- First Class: Full practice test and score with feedback
- Second Class: GROUNDWork, English, and Math sections
- Third Class: Action Planning, Reading and Science sections
Upcoming ACT Test dates: March 14 (at CVCA for juniors only), April 15, June 10, July 15
ABSCENCE REPORTING OPTIONS
We are now offering a new way to report student absences called Save Arrival. Access to the Safe Arrival service is also available on the MY CVCA page. To sign up:
- Go to go.schoolmessenger.com
- Click “Sign Up” in the upper right corner
- Enter the email you use for FACTS Renweb – It is important that the email matches what we have on file.
- Create Your Password – Make sure to save this password for future use.
- Go to your email and verify your account. (Note: The verification will come from “School Messenger Support.”)
Families can report absences ahead of time using one of three possibilities: by phone, online, and in the app:
1) PHONE – 1-833-687-2208 – Follow the prompts to report an absence.
2) ONLINE – go.schoolmessenger.com
- Log in using your credentials from Step 1.
- Select “Attendance” from the menu in the upper left .
- Click the “Report an Absence” button.
- Follow the prompts to report an absence.
3) APP – go.schoolmessenger.com
- Click on the “Download App” button for your phone device type
- Click “Install”
- Log into the app using your credentials from Step 1
- Click on the menu on the upper left
- Select Attendance
- Click on the purple plus button to report an absence
- Follow the prompts to report an absence
College Planning Handbook
For those of you who attended our first College Expo, we hope the information you received that night is helpful in your family’s college prep and search. We will likely host another College Expo in the fall as we aim to assist you in this important process.
The Office of School and College Counseling now offers an important new tool for families, the College Planning Handbook. Get your copy HERE today. It is also available through the Resources sections on the MY CVCA page.
CLEVELAND CHRISTIAN COLLEGE FAIR – MARCH 14
On March 14, CVCA students have a half-day for ACT and Pre-ACT testing. After leaving CVCA for the day, you have the opportunity to attend the NAACAP Spring College Fair at Lutheran High School West, 3850 Linden Rd. in Rocky River from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.
College Rep Visits
Bring a firm handshake and a smile to meet these Admissions representatives! Stop by the Rasnick Center to learn more about these schools and how they might be a fit for you. Questions? See Mrs. Knapp or Mrs. Fridline in the Guidance Office.
- Geneva College – March 13, 12:30 p.m.
- Grace College and Seminary – March 13, 12:30 p.m.
- Valparaiso University – March 16, 10:30 a.m.
- Colorado Christian University – March 17, both lunch periods
adjusted schedule Days
- Late Starts: February 22; March 1, 2, 8, 15, 22
- Early Release for Grade 11: March 14
- No School for Grades 6, 7, 8, 12: March 14
- No School: March 27-31 (Spring Break)
Middle School Scheduling
Current 6th and 7th grade students/parents: Please complete the Google form by selecting course requests for your student for next year. Forms were sent to you via email last week, and are due tomorrow, February 21.
Questions about schedules for current 6th and 7th graders should be directed to Mrs. Beth Marosi, Middle School Academic Advisor at 330-929-0575, ext. 375 or email@example.com.
Mr. Randy Tomich, firstname.lastname@example.org assists current 8th graders with scheduling for 9th grade.