CVCA is always accepting applications for substitute teachers who have availability and a flexible schedule. The substitute teacher is an important role in supporting faculty at CVCA and maintaining classroom learning. Substitute faculty should have the ability to create and maintain a classroom environment that is effective, safe, and conducive to learning.
Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy, founded in 1968, is a private, college-preparatory, non-denominational Christian middle and high school that seeks to educate and cultivate servants for Christ. Students meet rigorous admissions standards both academically and spiritually. CVCA’s 850 students, of whom 25% represent minority populations, come from a seven-county area. Our facilities include a 177,000 square-foot building with state-of-the-art technology, 7 science labs, 31,000 square-foot fieldhouse and competition gymnasium, a 600-seat chapel/auditorium, and 70 acres of sports facilities, including a turf stadium and all-weather track. CVCA is fully committed to maintaining an ethnically/culturally diverse faculty and student body within a biblical community.
- Full support for CVCA’s mission, vision, and core values
- Passion to assist faculty in a Christian environment with the mission to educate and cultivate servants for Christ
- A clear desire and ability to facilitate/teach in a student-centered learning environment
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- A current Ohio teaching license, Non-Tax Certificate, or a Substitute Teaching License
- Educational and classroom experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher