Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy is seeking a Student Monitor. This position provides student supervision throughout the day in various settings (i.e., lunch periods, study hall periods, etc.). This position may be structured as a part-time or full-time position and reports directly to the Dean of Students.
Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy is a non-profit ministry that is dedicated to Educating and Cultivating Servants for Christ. We are a middle and senior high school committed to high academic standards. Our biblically-integrated, college-preparatory curriculum is delivered by a dedicated staff of Christian professionals. We are committed to teaching from a biblical worldview and philosophy. We are committed to providing our students with experiences that will foster in them a servant’s heart, including extra-curricular activities, interscholastic athletics, music, theater, short-term mission trips, and numerous service opportunities. CVCA aims to create a Christian school community characterized by transforming relationships that produce a lived-out faith in the lives of our students, our faculty and our staff.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a personal, active, and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with CVCA’s mission statement, statement of faith, core values, cultural priorities, cultural priorities, policies, and expectations.
- Faithfully uphold CVCA in prayer.
- Provide student supervision during the day for assigned study hall locations. (This would include handling the attendance process, sign-in/out procedures, and managing a quiet, supervised study hall location).
- Provide student supervision during the lunch periods each day.
- Assist with cleaning up after lunch and preparing the location for the next class period (i.e., cleaning tables, storing chairs, etc.).
- Monitor students during the lunch line as well as student dismissal for recess (if applicable), restroom, office, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
What we are looking for:
- The ability to relationally connect with students and other adult staff members
- Pastoral heart toward students
- Team player who is committed to building a successful ministry
- Grasps the DNA and mission of CVCA
What you need:
- High school diploma or related GED
- Minimum of 1 year working with students in a school setting
What you can expect:
- A focused effort to impact others and make a difference in their lives for Jesus Christ
- A Christ-honoring and collaborative work environment
- An excellent workplace/facility to work in
- Fair and just compensation
How to apply:
To complete the Digital Application:
- Open the CVCA Employment Application pdf.
- Complete the Application online.
- Save your changes.
- Download the completed Application to your desktop.
- Email your completed CVCA Employment Application pdf and all other required documents to HR@cvcaroyals.org.
Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy, founded in 1968, is a private, college-preparatory, non-denominational Christian middle and high school that seeks to Educate and Cultivate Servants for Christ. Students meet rigorous admissions standards both academically and spiritually. CVCA’s 850 students, of whom 25% represent minority populations, come from a seven-county area. Our facilities include a 177,000-square-foot building with state-of-the-art technology,
7 science labs, 31,000 square-foot fieldhouse and competition gymnasium, a 600-seat chapel/auditorium, and 70 acres of sports facilities, including a turf stadium and all-weather track. CVCA is fully committed to maintaining an ethnically/culturally diverse faculty and student body within a biblical community.