The Royal Weekly
January 10, 2022
COVID Protocols Update
Thank you for your flexibility through the uncertainties of COVID. As we watch the numbers on our campus and in the community, we will keep you informed of any additional changes and updates. Please take a minute to review the Stay Healthy Plan which contains our current protocols.
Late starts – Wednesday and Thursday, January 12-13
Construction Traffic Reminders
We are excited about construction on the John F. Rasnick Center and Chapel updates! With the construction comes some traffic and parking adjustments. Please note the following changes:
- Pick-up and Drop-off: There will be a construction fence line in the parking lot adjacent to the Gym and Chapel. Middle school pick-up and drop-off will remain the same, but you will notice the exit traffic pattern has shifted away from the building.
- Parking: Based on the construction, we will lose 30 parking spots closest to the Gym and Chapel. There is ample parking in the lot closest to the tennis courts.
- Entrance for After-school Events: The typical entrance to the Gym and Chapel will be closed for the remainder of the second-semester. Entrance to all after-school events will be the front entrance of the school.
Do You Know Someone Interested in CVCA?
- OPEN HOUSE – January 28, 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- FAMILY PREVIEW NIGHT – February 10, 6:00-7:30 p.m.
- MIDDLE SCHOOL PREVIEW NIGHT – February 18, 5:00-6:30 p.m.
CVCA Football Father/Son Dinner and Draft – TONIGHT!
CVCA Football players and fathers are invited to a Goal-Setting Dinner and the Off-Season Draft on Monday, January 10 at 6:00 p.m. in the CVCA Cafeteria.
ACT Test Prep Classes at CVCA – January 10, 12, 14
ACT test preparation is available in January through our test prep partner, PATHworks!
- Three sessions: January 10, 12, 14
- Time: 3:15-6:00 p.m.
- Place: CVCA Room 112
- Deadline to Register: January 6, 2022
- First Class: Full practice test and score with feedback
- Second Class: GROUNDWork, English, and Math sections
- Third Class: Action Planning, Reading, and Science sections
Register online HERE. Pre-registration is required. Please make checks payable to PATHworks! The $225 fee can be paid by mailing a check or turned into Mrs. Fridline or Mrs. Knapp in the CVCA College Counseling Office. Questions may be directed to the PATHworks! class instructor, Patricia Smoot-Wicks, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-861-4973.
Upcoming ACT Test Dates:
- February 12
- March 15 (offered during the day at CVCA for FREE to all Junoirs)
- April 2
- June 11
- July 16
Parent Connections – Come Learn about the Royal evening
CVCA parents are invited to a free hot coffee or tea and to learn more about the Royal Evening – CVCA’s largest in-person fundraiser – and opportunities to help out. The following Parent Connection events will be at Nervous Dog Coffee Bar, 4161 Steels Pointe near CVCA after morning school drop-off. Join us for as long as you are able at one or both morning events:
- Thursday, January 13, starting at 9:00 a.m.
- Thursday, January 20, starting at 7:45 a.m.
Royal Fools improv comedy show – January 21
Do you enjoy a good laugh? Don’t miss the Royal Fools improv comedy show on Friday, January 21 at 7:00 p.m. in the Chapel. The show is free, so bring the whole family!
Junior Royals Basketball Night – January 28
On Friday, January 28, Junior Royals are invited to catch the most exciting Royals Varsity Basketball game of the season! Check-in for Club members will begin at 6:30 p.m. in the Anne Tell Chapel. All Club members wearing a Junior Royals shirt and/or lanyard will receive:
- Free admission to the game (general admission is $7 adults and $4 students/seniors)
- Stand with the team for the National Anthem
- Free snack and drink voucher
- Halftime open gym to shoot a basket or two
- Door prize drawing for a CVCA team-autographed basketball and CVCA swag bag
For more information, contact Kelly Porter at email@example.com.
We are getting Excited about the Royal Evening!
The 2022 Royal Evening is coming soon! CVCA’s biggest in-person fundraising event of the year will be held on Saturday, March 12, 2022 in the Royals Fieldhouse. Amazing food, silent and live auctions, entertainment and laughter will allow us all to rejoice in God’s faithfulness to CVCA. This event raises funds so more students can attend CVCA with financial assistance. Every CVCA family is invited to participate in the 2022 Royal Evening by donating an item or experience, sponsoring the event, volunteering with other CVCA parents before and during the event, and attending The Royal Evening. There is a role for everyone to make this huge event a success. Visit cvcaroyals.org/giving-events to sign up or contact Kristin Nichols at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Our Royal Evening Sponsors
Over the next weeks we will be showcasing our Royal Evening 2022 Sponsors. Atrium OB/GYN is excited to again support the mission of CVCA through the Royal Evening as a Gold Sponsor.
Atrium is an obstetrical and gynecological practice with a strong commitment to wellness, prevention, and education for all women, in all stages of life. They offer high quality, compassionate, and comprehensive care. Learn more at atriumobgyn.com. Atrium OB/GYN congratulates Medora Wychanko and wishes her the best.