The Royal Weekly
December 6, 2021
Thank you for joyfully giving on #(thanks)GivingTuesday
We are so thankful for each family that participated in #(thanks)GivingTuesday. You not only helped us meet our $100,000 matching gift challenge, but you helped us exceed it by reaching over $250,000 – with gifts still coming by mail and online! Hundreds of thankful messages are also being passed to teachers, staff, and coaches to encourage and bless them in their hard work for your student(s).
Exciting Announcement for CVCA Coming Your Way!
Watch your email for an update on the completion of the Excel Still More Campaign and the impact it will have for you and your student in the coming months!
Matching Gift Programs
Does your employer offer a corporate matching gift program for employees? If so, you can double your #(thanks)GivingTuesday or end-of-the year gift to CVCA by participating in your company’s program. Ask your company’s HR department for information or contact Jennifer Meybaum in the Development office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Choir Christmas Concert – Tonight!
The Choir Christmas Concert will be held on Monday, December 6, at 7:00 p.m. in the Chapel. It will feature the Royal Vision Show Choir, Gospel Choir, Women’s Chorale, Concert Choir, Middle School Choir, and Chamber Singers.
Elliot House Christmas Party – December 10
Join the Elliot House for some Christmas fun before the boys Basketball Game on December 10 at 5:30 p.m. in the Learning Commons. This event will include Christmas cookies (judging the best), an Ugly Christmas Sweater/Costume Contest, Christmas music, and other fun leading up to the “Silent Night” tradition during the Boys Basketball game at 7:00 p.m. This event is open to all CVCA students and costs $5 each.
Spring Musical Meeting – December 13
The Royal Theatre’s Spring Musical is Fiddler on the Roof! All students (middle school and high school) interested in participating in the cast or crew should attend an information meeting on Monday, December 13, 3:00-4:00 p.m. in the Chapel. Students can pick up needed paperwork and learn about the show, how and when to audition, and how to apply for a crew.
Exam Days Schedule – December 15-17
- Students will receive instructions from their teachers where to report for exams.
- Please make arrangements for your student(s) to leave after exams. Supervision will be available for middle school students who need to stay until 11:45 a.m.
- A limited breakfast menu will be available for purchase before exams. No lunch items will be available.
- Students may bring a snack to eat during the break between exam periods.
- Students may wear Spirit Wear December 15-17.
Service Hours Update
Semester 1 service hours checklist (8 required for students):
1. Students should check the status of verified hours at app.helperhelper.com.
- Click “Stats and Goals” on the menu. The number on the right of the chart shows the hours that have been verified for this semester.
- Track any additional hours by clicking “Add past commitment.” Any activities since May 20, 2021 are eligible.
- Troubleshoot entries that have not been verified. The following are common issues: (A) there is a typo in the cell number or email address the student entered, or (B) the parent did not respond to the email or text.
2. Bible Service Hours will be updated on the following dates:
- December 14: Verified hours are synced in Canvas with the Helper Helper app.
- December 21: Verified hours are re-synced in Canvas with Helper Helper for those who finish and track hours after exams.
- December 22: Report Cards are issued
3. Grades will appear on Renweb Report Cards as “Complete” for 8 hours or above, and “Incomplete” for less than 8 hours. This grade does not affect GPA.
Join Ski Club!
Email email@example.com to join or for more information!
- Location: Brandywine Ski Resort
- Dates: Mondays – January, 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
- Time: 4:00 p.m. arrival at Brandywine (CVCA bus will leave shortly after school ends.)
- TRANSPORTATION: CVCA bus is available for $25 per student
- REGULAR RATE: $220.00 (lift access/rental equipment/lesson) for all 5 visits
- PASSHOLDER RATE: $170 (lessons only/rental only) – Available to our season pass holders who are looking to take lessons with their club.
- COVID: See bmbw.com for COVID policies.
Royal Evening Sponsorship Opportunities
Parents, would your company, employer, or your family like to support the mission of CVCA and help bring more students to the school through tuition assistance? Consider being a sponsor for the 2022 Royal Evening. There are a variety of sponsor levels and exciting ways the Royal Evening can showcase your company. More information is available at cvcaroyals.org/royal-evening. Contact Jennifer Meybaum at firstname.lastname@example.org or John Harabedian at email@example.com in the Development Office for more information.
Check out the Embrace Club
CVCA’s Embrace club seeks to positively celebrate all CVCA students by promoting each other in love and peace. We acknowledge God for His creativity of diversity and culture within our student body while striving to develop a welcoming community of biblical unity on the CVCA campus. We meet on Wednesdays during lunch. Lunch A is located in the Chapel, Lunch B is located in 109.
Shya Coffee Makes a Great Christmas Present!
Pick up a bag of Shya Coffee beans for Christmas. Choose from a 1 lb. bag or a 50 g convenience pack of Dark Roast, Mocha Java, or Decaf.. We also have Shya mugs and Shya Coffee gift bundles. Find out more at shyadesigns.com/shya-coffee.
Hillsdale College Summer Study and Travel Program
Four trips are being offered while earning college credit:
- The Land and Literature of England
- Sir Winston Churchill and WWII
- Wester Civilization: Visions for Italy
- The roots and History of American Liberty
Check out hillsdale.edu/hs-programs for more information. February 15 is the deadline to register.
Food Service Opportunities
Fieldhouse Workers Needed
We are currently looking for a team of people who would like to serve groups using our Fieldhouse. These paid positions are a great opportunity for anyone with the time and a welcoming spirit to represent our school. Those using our space may or may not know much about CVCA, and this team will be their introduction to who we are. We are looking for people who are kind-spirited, positive, and willing to help answer questions visitors might have. The main responsibilities would be opening the facility and making sure groups using the space have no issues while there. If you are interested, please contact us using THIS FORM.