The Royal Weekly
January 3, 2022
Construction traffic adjustments
We are excited about beginning construction on the John F. Rasnick Center and Chapel updates! With the construction comes some traffic and parking adjustments. Please note the following changes:
- Pick-up and Drop-off: There will be a construction fence line in the parking lot adjacent to the Gym and Chapel. Middle school pick-up and drop-off will remain the same, but you will notice the exit traffic pattern has shifted away from the building.
- Parking: Based on the construction, we will lose 30 parking spots closest to the Gym and Chapel. There is ample parking in the lot closest to the tennis courts.
- Entrance for After-school Events: The typical entrance to the Gym and Chapel will be closed for the remainder of the second-semester. Entrance to all after-school events will be the front entrance of the school.
COVID Protocols Update
Thank you for your ongoing support and flexibility through the uncertainties of COVID. An email was sent to all CVCA families on December 31 regarding protocol updates and reminders for the second semester. As we watch the numbers on our campus and in the community, we will keep you informed up any additional changes and updates.
Schedule adjustments for this week
We will have late starts on both Wednesday, January 5 and Thursday, January 6. Both days will be used for additional professional development for faculty to begin the second-semester. Students may still be dropped off at 7:30 a.m. if needed, but school will begin at 9:22 a.m. on both Wednesday and Thursday this week only.
Check out our New Website!
Have you seen the new CVCA website? Over the holidays, we updated www.cvcaroyals.org with a new look and some additional information. Please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the layout of the new MY CVCA page. All of the previous information is still there, it just may look a little different.
Senior Portrait Last Call – TODAY!
Seniors need to have their portrait session scheduled by the end of the day, TODAY, in order to secure a spot in the 2021-22 Yearbook. This was a part of the Senior Checklist at the beginning of the year. The session is completely free and required so that every student can be featured in the Yearbook. Students or parents can make an appointment HERE. All openings are visible on that link. The studio doing the shoots is Visualizations located at 1908 Portage Trail, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44223.
Spring Musical Auditions – January 5-6
The Royal Theatre invites boys and girls (especially boys) of all ages to experience theatre by auditioning for Fiddler on the Roof! Auditions are January 5 and 6. Join our open enrollment Canvas course (cvcaroyals.instructure.com/enroll/MGMB96) or reach out to Mr. Lombardi at email@example.com for more information.
ACT Test Prep Classes at CVCA – January 10, 12, 14
ACT test preparation is available in January through our test prep partner, PATHworks!
- Three sessions: January 10, 12, 14
- Time: 3:15-6:00 p.m.
- Place: CVCA Room 112
- Deadline to Register: January 6, 2022
- First Class: Full practice test and score with feedback
- Second Class: GROUNDWork, English, and Math sections
- Third Class: Action Planning, Reading, and Science sections
Register online HERE. Pre-registration is required. Please make checks payable to PATHworks! The $225 fee can be paid by mailing a check or turned into Mrs. Fridline or Mrs. Knapp in the CVCA College Counseling Office. Questions may be directed to the PATHworks! class instructor, Patricia Smoot-Wicks, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-861-4973.
Upcoming ACT Test Dates:
- February 12
- March 15 (offered during the day at CVCA for FREE)
- April 2
- June 11
- July 16
Junior Royals Basketball Night – January 28
On Friday, January 28, Junior Royals are invited to catch the most exciting Royals Varsity Basketball game of the season! Check-in for Club members will begin at 6:30 p.m. in the Anne Tell Chapel. All Club members wearing a Junior Royals shirt and/or lanyard will receive:
- Free admission to the game (general admission is $7 adults and $4 students/seniors)
- Stand with the team for the National Anthem
- Free snack and drink voucher
- Halftime open gym to shoot a basket or two
- Door prize drawing for a CVCA team-autographed basketball and CVCA swag bag
For more information, contact Kelly Porter at email@example.com.
Royal Evening Sponsorship Opportunities
Parents, would your company, employer, or your family like to support the mission of CVCA and help bring more students to the school through tuition assistance? Consider being a sponsor for the 2022 Royal Evening. There are a variety of sponsor levels and exciting ways the Royal Evening can showcase your company. More information is available at cvcaroyals.org/royal-evening. Contact Jennifer Meybaum at firstname.lastname@example.org or John Harabedian at email@example.com in the Development Office for more information.