The Royal Weekly
December 13, 2021
Exciting Announcement – We are Finishing Excel Still More!
We are excited to announce that we are finishing Excel Still More with the long anticipated Chapel renovation for next school year. And there’s more! Through God’s faithfulness and the generosity of a faithful servant, we announce the John Rasnik Center, coming next fall. Find out details and how you can take part in this exciting project that will allow us to expand and accommodate our increased enrollment. Check it out HERE…
Changes to Charitable Giving Opportunities
Certain provisions of The Cares Act expire after 2021, and the amount of adjusted gross income (AGI) that you can deduct on your tax return will be reduced from 100% to 60%, beginning in 2022. To learn how this might impact your decisions regarding charitable giving, please consult with your tax advisor before year end.
Spring Musical Meeting – TODAY
The Royal Theatre’s Spring Musical is Fiddler on the Roof! All students (middle school and high school) interested in participating in the cast or crew should attend an information meeting on Monday, December 13, 3:00-4:00 p.m. in the Chapel. Students can pick up needed paperwork and learn about the show, how and when to audition, and how to apply for a crew.
Indoor Track Meeting – December 14
Students interested in Indoor Track should plan to attend an informational meeting on Tuesday, December 14 at 3:00 p.m. in Room 123. Questions? Contact Coach Rupe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to Charitable Giving Opportunities
- Students will receive instructions from their teachers where to report for exams.
- Please make arrangements for your student(s) to leave after exams. Supervision will be available for middle school students who need to stay until 11:45 a.m.
- A limited breakfast menu will be available for purchase before exams. No lunch items will be available.
- Students may bring a snack to eat during the break between exam periods.
- Students may wear Spirit Wear December 15-17.
Shya Coffee Makes a Great Christmas Present!
Pick up a bag of Shya Coffee beans for Christmas. Choose from a 1 lb. bag or a 50 g convenience pack of Dark Roast, Mocha Java, or Decaf.. We also have Shya mugs and Shya Coffee gift bundles. Find out more at shyadesigns.com/shya-coffee.
Have your first (required) semester Service Hours been verified?
Semester 1 Service Hours Checklist (8 required for students):
1. Bible Service hours will be updated on the following dates:
- December 14: Verified hours are synced in Canvas with the Helper Helper app
- December 21: Verified hours are re-synced in Canvas with Helper Helper as a one-time courtesy for those who finish, track and verify hours after exams.
- December 22: Report Cards are issued
2. Students can check the status of verified hours at app.helperhelper.com
- There are currently over 100 unverified entries in Helper Helper because parent coordinators have not responded to emails or texts sent from the app.
- To troubleshoot, students should do the following:
- Click “Stats and Goals” on the menu. The number on the right of the chart shows the hours that have been verified by parents and Mrs. Hoffman.
- Communicate with parents if hours are unverified. The following are common issues: (A) there is a typo in the cell number or email address the student entered and they should edit and re-save the entry, (B) the parent did not respond to the email or text they received from Helper Helper, or (C) Mrs. Hoffman has not verified the entries yet.
- Track any additional hours by clicking “Add past commitment,” and be sure they get verified electronically. Any activities since May 20, 2021 are eligible for this semester.
3. Grades will appear on Renweb Report Cards as “Complete” for 8 hours or above, and “Incomplete” for less than 8 hours. This grade does not affect GPA.
ACT Test Prep Classes Offered at CVCA
ACT test preparation is available in January through our test prep partner, PATHworks!
- Three sessions: January 10, 12, 14
- Time: 3:15-6:00 p.m.
- Place: CVCA Room 112
- Deadline to Register: January 6, 2022
- First Class: Full practice test and score with feedback
- Second Class: GROUNDWork, English, and Math sections
- Third Class: Action Planning, Reading, and Science sections
Register online HERE. Pre-registration is required. Please make checks payable to PATHworks! The $225 fee can be paid by mailing a check or turned into Mrs. Fridline or Mrs. Knapp in the CVCA College Counseling Office. Questions may be directed to the PATHworks! class instructor, Patricia Smoot-Wicks, at email@example.com or 330-861-4973.
Upcoming ACT Test Dates:
- February 12
- March 15 (offered during the day at CVCA for FREE)
- April 2
- June 11
- July 16
Join Ski Club!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to join or for more information!
- Location: Brandywine Ski Resort
- Dates: Mondays – January, 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
- Time: 4:00 p.m. arrival at Brandywine (CVCA bus will leave shortly after school ends.)
- TRANSPORTATION: CVCA bus is available for $25 per student
- REGULAR RATE: $220.00 (lift access/rental equipment/lesson) for all 5 visits
- PASSHOLDER RATE: $170 (lessons only/rental only) – Available to our season pass holders who are looking to take lessons with their club.
- COVID: See bmbw.com for COVID policies.
Royal Evening Sponsorship Opportunities
Parents, would your company, employer, or your family like to support the mission of CVCA and help bring more students to the school through tuition assistance? Consider being a sponsor for the 2022 Royal Evening. There are a variety of sponsor levels and exciting ways the Royal Evening can showcase your company. More information is available at cvcaroyals.org/royal-evening. Contact Jennifer Meybaum at email@example.com or John Harabedian at firstname.lastname@example.org in the Development Office for more information.
Check out the Embrace Club
CVCA’s Embrace club seeks to positively celebrate all CVCA students by promoting each other in love and peace. We acknowledge God for His creativity of diversity and culture within our student body while striving to develop a welcoming community of biblical unity on the CVCA campus. We meet on Wednesdays during lunch. Lunch A is located in the Chapel, Lunch B is located in 109.
Hillsdale College Summer Study and Travel Program
Four trips are being offered while earning college credit:
- The Land and Literature of England
- Sir Winston Churchill and WWII
- Wester Civilization: Visions for Italy
- The roots and History of American Liberty
Check out hillsdale.edu/hs-programs for more information. February 15 is the deadline to register.