The Royal Weekly
may 9, 2022
Special Spirit Days – May 11-13
- Wednesday, May 11 – Jersey Day (wear your favorite sports team jersey or shirt)
- Thursday, May 12 – Royal Spirit/House Color Day
- Friday, May 13 – College Day (wear your favorite college shirt day)
It is important for you to follow these guidelines for each day:
- Students should dress appropriately for the day with a focus on modesty.
- CVCA values neatness, unity, and modesty and that should be applied for these Spirit Week days.
- Students are not permitted to wear spandex shorts or any tight-fitting shorts.
- No tank tops or low tight fitting shirts should be worn.
- No vulgar or mean-spirited costumes.
- Students are encouraged to wear loose athletic shorts or athletic pants or sweatpants.
- No jeans or leggings are permitted to be worn during Spirit Week.
- Students who dress up and do not follow these guidelines will be asked to change into uniform polos and khakis.
- Students who arrive wearing blatantly immodest clothing will be asked to change and possibly forsake their opportunity to participate on future Spirit Week days.
Students who choose to not dress in costume are to wear CVCA spirit wear and khakis.
FACTS Contract Reminder
Your FACTS contract will activate towards the end of May 2022 for the 2022-2023 school year. If you are planning to withdraw a student, be sure to submit the signed withdrawal form to Mindy Fullerton at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, before your FACTS contract is activated. If you have questions about your enrollment agreement, you can access the Continuous Enrollment Agreement HERE.
SOBE PITCH NIGHT – May 11
Don’t miss SOBE’s 7th Annual Marketing Pitch Event on Wednesday, May 11 –5:30 to 8:00 p.m. in the Learning Commons.
Girls Tennis Meeting – May 11
An informational meeting will be held for incoming high school girls interested in playing tennis in the fall. Join us on Wedneday, May 11 at 3:00 p.m. in Room 276. Questions? Contact Coach Ramey at email@example.com.
SERVICE HOUR DUE DATES – this week
Senior student service hours are due on May 13. Service hours for grades 6-11 are due May 20. Please note:
- Students enter their hours in the “Sem 2 Hrs” assignment in their Canvas “Bible Service” class.
- 8 hours are required for second semester.
- Hours served after December 20, 2021 are eligible.
- Hours must be electronically validated by parents before the due date.
- Students are responsible for making sure the cell phone numbers or email addresses in their entries are correct.
- Students are responsible for asking parents to check their texts or emails for all verification requests.
- Don’t forget there can be up to a 24-hour delay from the time a student submits their hours and the time parents receive the requests.
The full year-end exam schedule for all grades is available HERE.
- Senior exams will be held Monday and Tuesday, May 16-17.
- Students in grades 9-11 will have exams on Wednesday-Friday, May 25-27.
- Students in grade 8 will have exams on Wednesday and Thursday, May 25-26.
- Students in grades 6-7 will not have exams and will have an adjusted schedule.
Upcoming Parent Connections Opportunities
Connecting with other CVCA families makes theCVCA community strong. Stop in for some casual conversation and encouragement with other parents walking the CVCA journey with you.
- 6th & 7th Grade: Thursday, May 12 at 11:30 a.m. – Lunch at Aladdin’s in Hudson. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 8th & 9th Grade: Friday, May 13 at 11:30 a.m. – Lunch at Aladdin’s in Hudson. RSVP to email@example.com.
If you are interested in hosting a CVCA Parent Connections event during the summer for current CVCA families in your student’s grade or in your area, or for new CVCA families in your area, please contact Jennifer Meybaum at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fine Arts Portfolio Show – MAY 16
Enjoy the culmination of hard work from all of the 2D and 3D Art classes along with Graphic Design and Photography. Projects will be displayed on Monday, May 16, 5:30-7:30 p.m. throughout the Band Room, Choir Room, and Fine Arts Hallways
Choir Concert – MAY 17
Don’t miss the last CVCA Choir concert of the year. Join us on Tuesday, May 17 at 6:30 p.m. in the Gymnasium for a delightful evening with all of our choirs.
2022-2023 Sports Registration
Sports Registration for the 2022-2023 school year is now open in FinalForms. Visit cvca-oh.finalforms.com to register today. If you have not used FinalForms with CVCA before, you will need to create a new account. After logging in, visit the “My Students” section and select the option to switch to 2022-2023 registration. Then select the sport(s) you wish to register your student for. Early registration helps make sure you are on the contact list for summer activities. Be sure to check the status of your sports physical and turn in an updated copy if needed. If you have any questions, please contact Ben Miller at email@example.com.
Sports Physicals at CVCA – June 1
Through our partnership with Summa Sports Medicine, we are pleased to offer sports physicals at CVCA this year. We will be offering exams on Wednesday, June 1, 6:00-7:00 p.m. Physicals will cost $20 (CASH only) and will be collected at check-in. You will need to bring a copy of your OHSAA PPE Physical form found in your FinalForms account. Be sure to switch over and register for your 2022-23 sports if you have not done so already. A current sports physical is required for participation in athletics. If you have any questions, please contact Ben Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Music Lessons
Summer music lessons will be offered at CVCA for students in grades K-12. Courses will include Choir, Voice Class, and Piano Class. More information and registration forms are available HERE.
CVCA Summer Camps Registration Now Open
CVCA offers summer camps for children ages 7-16. Led by CVCA coaches and varsity athletes, campers enjoy learning new skills and making new friends in a Christ-centered environment. Space is limited, so please register by the Friday before each camp begins. More information and registration details are available HERE.
Looking for a Summer Job? Consider Working at CVCA
CVCA Maintenance is looking for six summer workers to help get the school and grounds ready for the 2022-2023 school year. The schedule is 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, June 6 to August 5. If you are 16 years old or older and interested in joining the Maintenance Team, contact Jim Hindenlang at email@example.com or Steve Mitcheff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAMP CARL JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Hey Seniors! Are you interested in a great summer job at a place where you can serve God and have tons of fun? At Camp Carl, you will be challenged in a way that you can’t get in any other summer job. You will see Christ working in and through you and you will experience community that will spur you on in your faith journey like never before. To learn more, visit campcarl.life/joinourstaff or call 330-315-5665.
Student Job Openings
Stop by the Guidance Office to see a list of local job openings for full time or part time work, including:
- The City of Cuyahoga Falls
- Laurel Lakes
- and much more!