The Royal Weekly
May 8, 2023
16 SERVICE HOURS DUE MAY 10
We have seen some great service projects come through this year as CVCA students have volunteered for more 30,000 hours in surrounding communities. Praise the Lord! Here are some helpful reminders about the May 10 service hours deadline.
- Hours Requirement: 16 total hours, graded once per year
- Due Date: May 10 at 7:50 a.m. (hours must be verified through Canvas/Helper Helper)
- Summer Hours: Yes, hours from last summer count toward the requirement
- Grade: Satisfactory (16+ hours); Unsatisfactory (<16 hours) – Appears on the transcript, but does not affect GPA
- Tracking: All students are enrolled in a Bible Service class in Canvas
- Students click on the “Hrs” assignment to send cell phone or email verification requests to their parent or guardian.
- Cell phones are the quickest way to verify hours.
- Students can enter multiple hours on one date to simplify the process. For example, they can enter 20 hours on one Sunday if they served multiple times over multiple dates.
Thanks for encouraging your students to learn the value of serving others with the love of Jesus!
SOBE ANNUAL MARKETING PITCH EVENT – May 9
CVCA presents SOBE’s 8th Annual Marketing Pitch Event on Tuesday, May 9, 5:30-8:00 p.m. (doors open at 5). Juniors will present their marketing plans to a panel of judges in front of a live audience. More details are available HERE.
Last Morning Worship of the Year – May 10
Join the faculty and staff for the last Wednesday Morning Worship of the year on May 10 at 7:50 a.m. in the Chapel.
Spring Choir Concert – May 10
Please join us for our Spring Choir Concert. Five choirs will perform at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, May 10 in the Chapel. We will feature and honor our seniors.
ACT Test Prep – May 15, 17, 19
ACT test preparation is available at CVCA through our test prep partner, PATHworks! Students attend three sessions on May 15, 17, and 19, 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. in Room 112. Cost is $225 for all 3 classes. Questions may be directed to the PATHworks! class instructor, Patricia Smoot-Wicks, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-861-4973. Register HERE.
- First Class: Full practice test and score with feedback
- Second Class: GROUNDWork, English, and Math sections
- Third Class: Action Planning, Reading and Science sections
Upcoming ACT Test dates: June 10 and July 15
Show Choir Band Musicians Needed
Before the pandemic, CVCA’s Royal Vision Show Choir consisted of singers, dancers, and a live band. However, quarantine shut down the band part of Show Choir. We are excited to announce we are now bringing back the band! We need: two guitar players (acoustic and electric), a bass player, and a drummer. If you are interested, we would love to have you! Contact Owen Ferdig at email@example.com.
New Science Summer Camps!
In addition to CVCA’s sports and theaters camps, we have added three science camps! LEARN MORE AND REGISTER HERE.
- Science Exploration Camp: June 5-8 | 9 am – 3 pm | Entering Grades 2-6 | $225
- Living Wonders Science Camp: June 19-22 | 9 am – 3 pm | Entering Grades 2-6 | $225
- STEM Discovery Camp: July 24-27 | 9 am – 3 pm | Entering Grades 2-6 | $225
Information about all of our camps is available HERE.
CVCA Golf Classic – June 12
Like to golf? Would you like the opportunity to golf on the Jack Nicklaus Signature Course at Glenmoor Country Club? This is a great opportunity to spend time with your CVCA community… while doing what you love to do… on a course that not many get to enjoy. Gather your pals and colleagues into a foursome for the annual CVCA Charity Golf Classic on Monday, June 12. Men and women of all golfing abilities are invited. Registration and sponsorship information is available HERE. Questions? Contact Dr. Roger Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
adjusted schedule Days
Late Starts: May 10, 17
Middle School Class Shirt Day – March 23
As part of this week’s March Madness competition, middle school students are invited to wear their class t-shirts on Thursday, March 23 to earn points for their class.
- Grade 8 – LaunchPoint – Black Lion Shirt
- Grade 7 – Light Blue– JumpStart Shirt
- Grade 6 – Yellow – Ignition Shirt
Boys Golf Information Meeting – May 10
Any boys interested in playing golf in the fall should plan to attend an information meeting on Wednesday, May 10 during lunch 5a and 5b in Room 105. If you have any questions, see Coach Armstrong in the SMO or email email@example.com.
Cheer Clinics and Tryouts – May 17 and 20
2023-24 Cheer clinics and tryouts are fast approaching. Contact Coach Emily Lentz at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- CLINICS: May 17, 5:00-8:00 p.m. – Main Gym – Learn all tryout material, review cheerleading skills, and practice in tryout groups
- TRYOUTS: May 20, 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. – Main Gym
2023-2024 Sports Registration Now Open
Sports Registration for the 2023-2024 school year is now open in FinalForms. Visit cvca-oh.finalforms.com to register today. Create a new account if you have not used FinalForms with CVCA before. After logging in, visit the “My Students” section and select the option to switch to 2023-2024 registration. Then select the sport(s) you wish to register your student for. Early registration helps make sure you are on the contact list for summer activities. Be sure to check the status of your sports physical and turn in an updated copy if needed. If you have any questions, please contact Ben Miller at email@example.com.
Sports Physicals at CVCA – May 18
Summa Health will offer sports physicals at CVCA on Thursday, May 18 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. These physicals will be valid for the entire 2023-2024 school year. Mark your calendars and look for more information in the weeks to come. REGISTER HERE.
- 6:00 p.m. – Last name A – I
- 6:30 p.m. – Last name J – S
- 7:00 p.m. – Last name T – Z