The Royal Weekly
may 2, 2022
Changes to May Calendar
- All Wednesday late starts remain the same.
- Thursday, May 5 and Thursday, May 12 will start at 7:50 a.m.
- Thursday, May 19 will be a late start.
Junior-Senior Prom – tickets for sale this week!
Juniors and Seniors, mark your calendars! Preparations for your Junior-Senior prom are underway. The Masquarade event will take place on Saturday, May 14 at the Sheraton Suites in Cuyahoga Falls. Tickets are for sale in the Welcome Center area.
Show Choir Informational Meeting – MAY 4
Are you interested in joining the high school Show Choir? Join us for an Informational Meeting on Wednesday, May 4 in the Choir Room during lunch periods. More information about high school auditions is available HERE.
May the 4th Be With You – MAY 4
In film history, May 4 changed the Sci-Fi landscape forever with the hit movie, Star Wars. To celebrate Star Wars month, all students are invited to dress in Star Wars gear on Wednesday, May 4. Standard dress-up rules apply (no pjs, no tight or revealing clothing no jeans with holes, etc.) Also, no Star Trek, Marvel, or other themed costumes. Students not in Star Wars apparel/costume must wear their CVCA uniform.
SAT/ACT REGISTRATION DEADLINE – MAY 5
Attention Junior Families – May 5 is the deadline to register for the June SAT or ACT. Please go to sat.collegeboard.org and actstudent.org to register.
Upcoming Parent Connections Opportunities
Continue to connect with other CVCA parents and expand your community here through Parent Connections. These are great opportunities to ask questions of other parents and learn how you can connect during the summer! Stop by and stay as long as you are able. Questions? Email Jennifer Meybaum at email@example.com.
- Thursday, May 5, 11:30 a.m. – 11th and 12th grade parents at Aladdin’s in Hudson. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friday, May 6, 12:00 noon – 12th grade parents at Sarah’s (1204 W Steels Corners Rd, Cuyahoga Falls). RSVP to email@example.com.
Royal Fools Improv Show – May 6
Join us for an evening of laughter with the Royal Fools, CVCA’s improv group. The FREE family-friendly show will be in the CVCA Learning Commons on Friday, May 6 at 7:00 p.m.
SOBE PITCH NIGHT – May 11
Don’t miss SOBE’s 7th Annual Marketing Pitch Event on Wednesday, May 11 –5:30 to 8:00 p.m. in the Learning Commons.
SERVICE HOUR DUE DATES
Senior student service hours are due on May 13. Service hours for grades 6-11 are due May 20. Please note:
- Students enter their hours in the “Sem 2 Hrs” assignment in their Canvas “Bible Service” class.
- 8 hours are required for second semester.
- Hours served after December 20, 2021 are eligible.
- Hours must be electronically validated by parents before the due date.
- Students are responsible for making sure the cell phone numbers or email addresses in their entries are correct.
- Students are responsible for asking parents to check their texts or emails for all verification requests.
- Don’t forget there can be up to a 24-hour delay from the time a student submits their hours and the time parents receive the requests.
CVCA Summer Camps Registration Now Open
CVCA offers summer camps for children ages 7-16. Led by CVCA coaches and varsity athletes, campers enjoy learning new skills and making new friends in a Christ-centered environment. Space is limited, so please register by the Friday before each camp begins. More information and registration details are available HERE.
Ukraine Crisis Fund
Looking for a Summer Job? Consider Working at CVCA
CVCA Maintenance is looking for six summer workers to help get the school and grounds ready for the 2022-2023 school year. The schedule is 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, June 6 to August 5. If you are 16 years old or older and interested in joining the Maintenance Team, contact Jim Hindenlang at firstname.lastname@example.org or Steve Mitcheff at email@example.com.
CAMP CARL JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Hey Seniors! Are you interested in a great summer job at a place where you can serve God and have tons of fun? At Camp Carl, you will be challenged in a way that you can’t get in any other summer job. You will see Christ working in and through you and you will experience community that will spur you on in your faith journey like never before. To learn more, visit campcarl.life/joinourstaff or call 330-315-5665.
Miami University Scholarship Program
Miami University Summer Scholarship Program is an opportunity for academically talented rising high school juniors and seniors to spend one week on Miami’s campus exploring a topic of their choice alongside leading facility and professional experts. Students will receive an inside look at what the college application process is like and experiential learning opportunities to prepare for college and future success. Participants who choose to apply to Miami will also receive priority consideration for Miami merit scholarships and admission to selective programs.
- Session 1: July 9-July 15
- Session 2: July 17 – 23
- Apply by May 1 at MiamiOH.edu/SummerScholars
Student Summer Volunteer Opportunity
UH Portage Medical Center Volunteer Servicers is pleased to announce the return of our Summer Volunteer Program. This 10-week program is designed to provide a meaningful summer experience for high school (age 15+) and college students. Students are assigned to locations all over the hospital and typically earn 40-50 volunteer hours over the summer (commitment is once/week for a 3-5 hour shift). More information is available HERE.
Summer Law & trial opportunity
Ohio University’s Center for Law, Justice & Culture is hosting the annual Summer Law & Trial Institute for high achieving high school juniors and seniors. This free, highly selective program for rising high school juniors and seniors is offered virtually with an in-person mock trial experience at Ohio University from July 7-15, 2022. Participants in this free program will:
- Watch a Supreme Court of Ohio oral argument and meet Ohio Supreme Court Chief Justice Maureen O’Connor
- Virtually visit the Athens County Court of Common Pleas
- Virtually visit with non-governmental organizations, such as Southeastern Ohio Legal Services, American Civil Liberties Union of Ohio and others
- Meet and interact with attorneys and judges
- Litigate a mock trial in a real courtroom
For full consideration, students should submit the application, a high school transcript copy, and one letter of recommendation by June 10, 2022. Space is limited and applications are accepted on a rolling basis, so applicants are encouraged to apply early. Learn more and apply HERE. Questions? Contact Larry Hayman, Program Director, Summer Law & Trial Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Job Openings
Stop by the Guidance Office to see a list of local job openings for full time or part time work, including:
- The City of Cuyahoga Falls
- Laurel Lakes
- and much more!