The Royal Weekly
February 22, 2022
Royal Evening tickets available NOW
Don’t miss the 23rd Annual Royal Evening! The March 12 event will be held in the Royals Fieldhouse, and we would love for every parent to attend. On your reservation, ask for a grade level or sports team table and we’ll sit you with fellow parents for a FUN night of giving and celebrating God’s faithfulness to CVCA. Get ready for a 24-foot charcuterie table, coffee bar, delicious dinner, fun auction items, laughter, and entertainment. Get your ticket today!
BONUS: Purchase your tickets by February 25 and you could win a famous CVCA Auction cake! The winner will be selected from all tickets purchased by that date.
Traffic and Parking Reminders
As construction advances with the Chapel and Rasnick Center additions, it is important to follow traffic and parking guidelines. Please remember:
- Students should not be dropped off or picked up at the main entrance before and after school. This area is reserved for busses at those times.
- Students are not permitted to park in the visitor parking spaces in front of the building. It is important that these spots remain open for visitors. Additional parking spaces are available on the far side of the building by the Royals Fieldhouse and tennis courts.
HIGH SCHOOL Winter Social – Get your tickets today!
All CVCA students in grades 9-12 are invited to the 2022 Winter Social at Todaro’s Party Center on Saturday, February 26, 7:30-10:00 p.m.
- Tickets ($15 each) are for sale in the Welcome Center area (no online sales)
- Desserts and beverages
- Casual attire
- Dancing, entertainment, and more
- CVCA Students only – No outside guests
- Parent-signed waiver required to purchase tickets – available HERE
Spring Musical Tickets
Tickets for Fiddler on the Roof go on sale to the public on Monday, February 28 at itickets.com.
- April 22, 23, 27, 29 – 7:00 p.m.
- April 30 – 2:00 p.m.
Wednesday April 27 is Junior Royals Night with general admission. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. Tickets can be purchased online or with check or cash at the door. Junior Royals members receive one free admission ticket. Family members pay standard admission.
PSAT Scores Available
In October, students in grades 8-11 took the CollegeBoard PSAT. Scores are now available on the Collegeboard website. Students who have not created a Student Account will need to do so at collegeboard.org to see their scores.
Spring Sports Registration to Begin Soon
Spring sports are starting soon. Parents, please double check your athlete’s registration and status in FinalForms. Log in at cvca-oh.finalforms.com to access your account. Register for sports under the “My Students” tab and complete all the required pre-participation requirements.
Athletic Fees can be paid at athletics.cvcaroyals.org/athletic_fee.
Contact your coach with any questions about the upcoming season. Coach information is available in the Athletics Directory.
Royal Fools Improv Show – March 4
Join us for an evening of laughter with the Royal Fools, CVCA’s improv group. The FREE show will be in the CVCA Chapel on Friday, March 4 at 7:00 p.m.
Looking for a getaway with your family?
Royal Evening attendees will have the opportunity to bid on a Hilton Head Condo vacation donated by a CVCA alum. Located in a charming beach walk community, the condo, “Coppertone Days,” sleeps six. Just bring a beach towel and chair as the pool is at the bottom of the patio stairs and the beach is just a five-minute walk away. The condo is available for one week in September, October, November, December, January, February, March, April, May from Saturday to Saturday. (Some black out dates start the last week of May through the second week of August.) Travel must be completed by May 20, 2023.
Other items in the auction include experiences at some fun local attractions: the Akron Zoo, Stan Hywet Hall & Garden, Akron Art Museum, McKinley Presidential Library & Museum, and The Akron Civic Theatre, and more. There’s something for everyone!
Meet Our Royal Evening Sponsors
We are thrilled to have these Gold Sponsors involved in the sights and sounds of Royal Evening 2022:
- MediaNet AV – “Achieving Visions Through Technology” – exists to serve churches, schools, and corporations with full-service solutions of professional audio, video, lighting, and streaming design and implementation. “Serving Ohio for over 12 years, we strive to support our customers with high quality products for live production and broadcasting services. Learn more at medianetav.com.
- Signs330 is an independent, locally owned and operated full-service signs and graphics business located in Munroe Falls, Ohio. “We pride ourselves on being able to provide anything signage-related to meet your visual communication and marketing needs and will assist you in taking your idea from the concept all the way through installation. Visit our website, at signs330.com, call 330-400-4315, or stop in to see us at 118 South Main Street, Munroe Falls.
Check out the Royal Evening and all our sponsors at cvcaroyals.org/giving-event.
West Point Summer Leaders Experience
Juniors, apply to the West Point Summer Leaders Experience by March 15 to take a behind-the-scenes look at West Point and see how they develop leaders of character. This weeklong immersive on-campus experience runs May 28 to June 3, and June 4 to June 10, 2022. There is no fee to apply, and generous need-based scholarships are available. Standardized test scores are not required, but the ideal applicant has a strong academic background and participates in team sports and other extracurricular activities. Note: When you apply for SLE you are also submitting an admissions screening application. More information is available HERE.
UPCOMING COLLEGE REP VISITS
- Wednesday, February 23 – An informational lunch will be held at 11:48 a.m. with a rep from Grand Canyon University in Phoenix, Arizona. Any junior with at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA that would like to learn more about GCU and potentially visit with your family at a reduced cost or free with students next fall, please attend this meeting. To register for the lunch meeting or if you have any questions, email Mrs. Knapp at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thursday, March 3 – A Representative from Grove City College will be in the Learning Commons at 10:30 a.m.
- Monday, March 14 – Grace College will have a representative in the Learning Commons at 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 5 – A rep from the University of Tampa in Florida will be in the Learning Commons at 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 6 – A rep from Lynn University in Boca Raton, Florida will be in the Learning Commons at 10:30 a.m.