The Royal Weekly
April 24, 2023
Please keep these school policies in mind for after school times:
- For the safety of all students, it is critical that families pick up students as close to the 2:50 p.m. dismissal time as possible. If a student does not have an extracurricular practice, club meeting, or rehearsal they need to leave campus.
- In order for thorough cleaning to occur each afternoon, the building needs to be clear of students by 3:05 p.m.
- Between 2:50 and 3:05 p.m. students are encouraged to transition to their after-school practice or leave campus immediately at 2:50.
- General supervision will not be provided after 2:50 p.m. Students involved in athletics, fine arts, and other after-school activities are under the supervision of coaches, sponsors, etc.
- After 3:15 pm students should plan to be picked up at the Rasnick Center.
One more weekend to see The Little Mermaid
The reviews are in and the Spring Musical is a hit! Don’t miss your chance to see The Royal Theatre’s production of The Little Mermaid. Tickets are available at iTickets.com.
- Wednesday, April 26 – General Admission – 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, April 28 – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, April 29 – 2:00 p.m.
Wednesday, April 26 is Junior Royals Night with general admission. Doors will open at 6:00 p.m. Tickets can be purchased online or with a check or cash at the door. Junior Royals receive one free admission ticket. Family members pay standard admission. Register your Junior Royal for the event HERE.
Junior-Senior Prom ticket sales – April 20-28
The CVCA Junior/Senior “Night Under the Stars” Prom will be held on Saturday, May 6 at the Sheraton Suites in Cuyahoga Falls. All CVCA juniors and seniors are invited. Tickets are $40.00 each and can be purchased in the Welcome Center lobby Thursday, April 20 through Friday, April 28. An email with all the details was recently sent to all senior families.
New Science Summer Camps!
In addition to CVCA’s sports and theaters camps, we have added three science camps! LEARN MORE AND REGISTER HERE.
- Science Exploration Camp: June 5-8 | 9 am – 3 pm | Entering Grades 2-6 | $225
- Living Wonders Science Camp: June 19-22 | 9 am – 3 pm | Entering Grades 2-6 | $225
- STEM Discovery Camp: July 24-27 | 9 am – 3 pm | Entering Grades 2-6 | $225
Chapel with the Kolbs
The CVCA student body was recently blessed to hear from one of our own, alumnus Dr. Jason Kolb. Since so many of you wanted to hear Jason share his story and how God is at work, we have made this video available.
More information is available HERE.
Boys Lacrosse Chipotle Fundraiser – May 1
Support the CVCA Boys Lacrosse program at the Hudson Chipotle (5 Atterbury Blvd., Suite 1) on Monday, May 1 from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. Order online using the code “72LBLZP” or show this flyer in person. The Lacrosse Program will receive 33% of sales from the event.
Royal Fools Improv Show – May 5
Join us for a night of laughter on Friday, May 5 in the Chapel. The show is FREE, so bring a friend!
SOBE ANNUAL MARKETING PITCH EVENT – May 9
CVCA presents SOBE’s 8th Annual Marketing Pitch Event on Tuesday, May 9, 5:30-8:00 p.m. (doors open at 5). Juniors will present their marketing plans to a panel of judges in front of a live audience. More details are available HERE.
University Hospitals Summer Service Opportunity
University Hospitals Portage Medical Center (UH campus located in Ravenna) will offer a Jr. Auxiliary Summer Service Group for high school students interested in service hours and philanthropy. Interested students can register HERE for one of the virtual information sessions offered on April 20 and April 22.
adjusted schedule Days
Late Starts: April 26; May 3, 10, 17
Middle School Class Shirt Day – March 23
As part of this week’s March Madness competition, middle school students are invited to wear their class t-shirts on Thursday, March 23 to earn points for their class.
- Grade 8 – LaunchPoint – Black Lion Shirt
- Grade 7 – Light Blue– JumpStart Shirt
- Grade 6 – Yellow – Ignition Shirt
High School Girls Tennis Meeting – April 27
All girls interested in playing tennis in the fall should plan to attend this informational meeting on Thursday, April 27 at 3:00 p.m. in Room 276. Contact Coach Ramey at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Boys Golf Information Meeting – May 10
Any boys interested in playing golf in the fall should plan to attend an information meeting on Wednesday, May 10 during lunch 5a and 5b in Room 105. If you have any questions, see Coach Armstrong in the SMO or email email@example.com.
Cheer Clinics and Tryouts – May 17 and 20
2023-24 Cheer clinics and tryouts are fast approaching. Contact Coach Emily Lentz at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- CLINICS: May 17, 5:00-8:00 p.m. – Main Gym – Learn all tryout material, review cheerleading skills, and practice in tryout groups
- TRYOUTS: May 20, 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. – Main Gym
Sports Physicals at CVCA – May 18
Summa Health will offer sports physicals at CVCA on Thursday, May 18 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. These physicals will be valid for the entire 2023-2024 school year. Mark your calendars and look for more information in the weeks to come.
- 6:00 p.m. – Last name A – I
- 6:30 p.m. – Last name J – S
- 7:00 p.m. – Last name T – Z