Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy is seeking candidates for its Faculty Fellows Program. This is a full-time position, and it reports directly to the Dean of Faculty.
Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy is a non-profit ministry that is dedicated to Educating and Cultivating Servants for Christ. We are a middle and senior high school committed to high academic standards. Our biblically-integrated, college-preparatory curriculum is delivered by a dedicated staff of Christian professionals. We are committed to teaching from a biblical worldview and philosophy. We are committed to providing our students with experiences that will foster in them a servant’s heart, including extra-curricular activities, interscholastic athletics, music, theater, short-term mission trips, and numerous service opportunities. CVCA aims to create a Christian school community characterized by transforming relationships that produce a lived-out faith in the lives of our students, our faculty and our staff.
The Faculty Fellows Program provides recent college graduates an opportunity to experience Christian education both inside and outside of the classroom in order to discern a passion and a call to Christian education. The program is designed for Fellows to gain educational and classroom skills throughout the full-time, year-long immersion experience as they pursue successful teaching careers. Fellows are assigned to a master teacher who will mentor and disciple them in their particular discipline of interest. Additionally, Fellows are given the opportunity to observe faculty, teach lessons, and participate in extracurricular activities. Fellows are actively engaged in a variety of areas related to school life.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a personal, active, and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with CVCA’s mission statement, statement of faith, core values, cultural priorities, policies, and expectations.
- Faithfully uphold CVCA in prayer.
- Carefully follow and implement all policies and procedures outlined in the Student/Parent Handbook and Faculty Handbook.
- Develop teaching /classroom management skills and assist with assessments, grading, and other classroom responsibilities.
- Periodically plan and deliver instruction, gradually taking on more responsibility throughout the year.
- Support students daily by providing one-on-one and/or small-group tutoring.
- Meet regularly with their mentor to implement feedback on lessons and instruction.
- Teach, coach, or help coordinate one or more co-curricular activities.
- Other duties as assigned
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrates a commitment to Christ-honoring Excellence
- Evidence of self-motivation
- Willingness to be a team player
- Strong sense of personal responsibility
- Energetic and willing to learn and adapt
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Interest in performing a critical support role in school life and the ability to excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, results-oriented environment
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Ministry-minded in the ability to build relationships effectively and professionally with families and students
- An understanding of youth culture in order to impact students for Christ
- Patient, Caring, and Kind
- Self-awareness and high emotional intelligence
- Ability to work on a team and deal with varied personalities
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree or pending degree completion from an accredited university is required
- A background in education is not required
What you can expect:
- A focused effort to impact others and make a difference in their lives for Jesus Christ
- A Christ-honoring and collaborative work environment
- An excellent workplace/facility to work in
- Fair and just compensation
- Generous paid time off benefits
- Health care, school-funded health savings account, vision, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, and 401k plan
How to apply:
To complete the Digital Application:
- Open the CVCA Employment Application pdf.
- Complete the Application online.
- Save your changes.
- Download the completed Application to your desktop.
- Email your completed CVCA Employment Application pdf and all other required documents to HR@cvcaroyals.org.
Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy, founded in 1968, is a private, college-preparatory, non-denominational Christian middle and high school that seeks to Educate and Cultivate Servants for Christ. Students meet rigorous admissions standards both academically and spiritually. CVCA’s 850 students, of whom 25% represent minority populations, come from a seven-county area. Our facilities include a 177,000-square-foot building with state-of-the-art technology,
7 science labs, 31,000 square-foot fieldhouse and competition gymnasium, a 600-seat chapel/auditorium, and 70 acres of sports facilities, including a turf stadium and all-weather track. CVCA is fully committed to maintaining an ethnically/culturally diverse faculty and student body within a biblical community.