The Royal Weekly Newsletter
Your first Royal Weekly of the 2019-2020 school year is here! Published each Monday, this newsletter will provide the latest CVCA news, events, and announcements for both parents and students. As school is quickly approaching, there are plenty of important items to share, so please take a few minutes to read through today’s post.
New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation is for all new students and their families.
- Middle School Orientation – Tonight (doors open at 6:00 p.m. and program begins at 6:30 in the Chapel).
- High School Orientation –Thursday, August 8 (doors open at 6:00 p.m. and program begins at 6:30 in the Chapel).
The evening will include introductions of key staff members, pick-up of Chromebooks and student email information, school uniform/spirit wear sales, and time for students to move in to their lockers. Families of 6th and 7th graders (new and returning students) will attend meetings about their Ignition and JumpStart retreats. Please bring a copy of your student’s class schedule (found in ParentsWeb).
As we gear up for the start of school, there are several important meetings and events for both new and returning families. Please mark your calendars now and join us!
• Middle School New Student/Parent Orientation: August 6, 6:30 p.m.
• High School New Student/Parent Orientation: August 8, 6:30 p.m.
• JumpStart (7th grade only): August 12-14
• Assimilation Day for NEW students in grades 8-12 and ALL 8th and 9th graders: August 12 9:00 a.m.
• Ignition (6th grade only): August 13-14
• First day of school for grades 8-12: August 13
• No school for grades 6 and 7: August 15
• First day of school for grades 6 and 7: August 16
• Parent Back-to-School Night: August 22, 7:00 p.m.
• New Family Tailgate: September 13
Class schedules will be ready to view and print in ParentsWeb by Tuesday, August 6. Please bring a copy of your schedule with you on your 1st day of school. If you are having trouble registering or logging into ParentsWeb, please contact Phil Dipane at 330-929-0575, ext. 647/[email protected] OR Ryan Crocker at 330-929-0575, ext. 646/ [email protected]
Once schedules are released, any class change requests must be verified by a parent via a written note, an email, or a phone call. No class additions or drops are permitted after Friday, August 23. Schedules cannot be changed based on preferences, such as requesting a specific teacher, lunch period requests, requesting 8th period study hall, etc.
New Students: Remember to bring a copy of your schedule to Assimilation Day on August 12.
Please call or email the Guidance Department if you have any questions.
• Guidance Office: 330-920-8204
• Mrs. Plum (Grades 6-9) – [email protected]
• Mr. Kasiguran (Grade 10) – [email protected]
• Mr. Tomich (Grade 11) – [email protected]
• Mrs. Fridline (Grade 12) – [email protected]
MY CVCA Page
We are sure you are busy getting ready for the first days of school. To help, most of the back-to-school information you need is located on the “MY CVCA” page on the school website –(top left corner of the homepage). This page will be updated regularly with announcements and important information. Check out your MY CVCA page for:
• School supply lists
• Summer assignments
• Parking passes
• Lunch accounts
• Bus transportation
• AND MORE!
Nike Apparel Shop Now Open
The Nike Apparel Shop is now open and you may place orders through August 15. Please note that the non-collared Nike shirts are ONLY appropriate to wear on Fridays and other “spirit wear” days or under any uniform-style 1/4 zipper pull over. You will be notified when items arrive and can pick them up in the main office.
Fall Sports Parent Meetings
All fall sports athletes and at least one of his/her parents are required to attend a mandatory parent meeting.
• High School: Thursday, August 15 at 7:00 p.m. in the Chapel
• Middle School: Thursday, August 19 at 7:00 p.m. in the Chapel
Moms in Prayer
Moms in Prayer meets on Wednesday, September 4 from 8:00-9:00 a.m. and is for mothers and grandmothers of current CVCA students. Moms in Prayer pray for each student and staff member by name, and consistently cover CVCA in prayer. You don’t have to be a member, and can come and participate as you can. If you are unable to make the meeting time but want to pray through the weekly prayer list, please contact Katherine Perkins at [email protected]. You can also contact Katherine if you have a specific prayer request you would like the group to pray for. You can choose if it will be put on the prayer sheet, or prayed for only by the moms meeting that week. What is prayed for in the group stays confidential!
Please Pardon Our Dust
We are thrilled that construction for the new CVCA Fieldhouse is underway! Please pardon the mess, noise, and occasional inconveniences as we welcome this exciting new addition to our campus.