• Ignition (6th grade only): Tuesday and Wednesday, August 14-15
• First day of school for grades 8-12: Tuesday, August 14
• No school for grades 6 and 7: Thursday, August 16
• First day of school for grades 6 and 7: Friday, August 17
• Parent Back-to-School Night: Thursday, August 23, 7:00 p.m.
• New Family Tailgate: Friday, September 14
Student class schedules are available on ParentsWeb. Please note that we cannot change schedules for reasons that would be considered preferences, such as requesting a specific teacher or study hall period, or a lunch period change. For questions about schedules, please contact the appropriate grade level counselor:
• Grade 9 – Mr. Kasiguran– [email protected]
• Grade 10 – Mr. Tomich – [email protected]
• Grade 11 – Mrs. Plum – [email protected]
• Grade 12 – Mrs. Fridline – [email protected]
• Middle school students may contact Mr. Kasiguran, Mr. Tomich, or Mrs. Plum
BSN Sports Store Orders Have Arrived
CVCA Nike apparel ordered in July from the BSN Sports Store is now available for pick-up in the school’s Main Office.
Student Parking Permits
All student drivers are required to register their car in the Main Office. Permits are available for $70. Vehicle registrations forms are available HERE on the CVCA website.
Student Drop-off and Pick-up Update
Before 7:30 a.m.: All students should be dropped off at the main entrance in the front of the school. If a bus is there, please pull behind the bus to drop off your student(s).
Between 7:30 and 7:50 a.m.: Students in grades 6, 7, and 8 should be dropped off at the rear entrance of the school. Students in grades 9 through 12 should be dropped off at the Chapel or Learning Commons entrances.
During the school day (7:50 a.m. to 2:50 p.m.): All students should be dropped off at the main entrance in the front of the school.
From 2:50-3:05 p.m.: Students in grades 6 through 8 should be picked at the rear entrance of the school. Students in grades 9 through 12 should be picked at the Chapel or Learning Commons entrances.
After 3:05 p.m.: All students should be picked up at the main entrance in the front of the school.
CVCA uses PayForIt, a secure, web-based payment program to provide a convenient way for parents and students to participate in the lunch program. You will need to know your UDID number in order to access your account. You can find your UDID and more information by visiting our Food Service web page. PayForIt accounts may be created HERE.
The 2018-2019 CVCA Student-Parent Handbook is available on ParentsWeb. The signature page is due back to CVCA by Tuesday, August 21. Also, a couple of changes have been made to the Handbook since it had been most recently posted. If you have questions please do not hesitate to ask.
Chapel Attire Change
Please note that skirts for girls and dress shirts and ties for boys are now optional for Chapel days (Thursdays). They are still part of the Student Appearance Standards and may be worn on any day.
CVCA Parent Connection Coffees
Parent Connection Coffees are opportunities to meet fellow parents walking the CVCA journey with you. On the following Fridays, you are welcome to come in and enjoy coffee and conversation with other CVCA parents:
• Friday, August 17, 7:30-8:30 a.m. – Grades 9 and 10 Parent Connections Coffee – Student Lounge
• Friday, August 24, 7:30-8:30 a.m. – Grade 6 Parent Connections Coffee – Student Lounge
• Friday, August 31, 7:30-8:30 a.m. – Grades 7 and 8 Parent Connections Coffee – Student Lounge
• Friday, September 7, 7:30-8:30 a.m. – Grades 11 and 12 Parent Connections Coffee – Student Lounge
Middle School Fall Sports Parent Meeting – August 16
All middle school fall sports athletes and at least one of his/her parents are required to attend a parent meeting on Thursday, August 16 at 7:00 p.m. in the Chapel.
Junior Royals Football Big Tent Event – August 24
Join us on Friday, August 24, 6:30-8:00 p.m. at Royals Stadium for our first event of the year. Junior Royals will enjoy:
• Carnival Games and Face Painting
• Sweet Frog Ice Cream Sundae Bar
• Free CVCA football or cheerleader bow for the first 150 Junior Royals
• SkyZone Pizza Party Drawing (Winner announced at half-time)
Don’t forget to wear your CVCA T-shirt, lanyard, and Sports Pass. New Junior Royals can pick up their free T-Shirt at this event. Larger T-shirts will be available to purchase for current Junior Royals for $5.
The Junior Royals Club is for students in grades 1-5. Club members enjoy yearlong free sports passes, special events, and tons of prizes. You can find more information and join the Junior Royal Club HERE.