April Standardized Testing
SAT and ACT ASPIRE: On Tuesday, April 9, students in grades 6-10 will take the ACT Aspire test, and students in grade 11 will take the SAT test.
• Grades 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 – 7:50 a.m. to 2:50 p.m. – Please remember that students must bring their fully charged Chromebooks and power cords to school for testing as this is a computer-based test. Students in grades 6-10 will have a break for lunch. Students may bring lunch or purchase in the Cafeteria.
• Grade 11 – 7:50 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – Students should bring their graphing calculator and #2 sharpened pencils (no mechanical pencils). Students in grade 11 should plan to leave campus after testing if possible. Due to younger grades testing throughout the building, students in grade 11 who stay after the SAT test concludes will not have access to their lockers or the Cafeteria. They will remain in a supervised area where they may quietly sit to read or study for the remainder of the day. Please plan accordingly.
• Grade 12 – No School – Senior Skip Day!
TERRA NOVA: CVCA will give the Terra Nova test on the mornings of April 15-17 to freshmen, sophomores, and some juniors and seniors. Students not testing will have late starts as outlined in the chart below.
• These are important tests. The Terra Nova is one path through which students qualify for a State of Ohio diploma. One subject test will be given each morning.
• After testing, CVCA will run a shortened-period class schedule of all 8 periods each day.
• Students not required to test on a given day have a late start that morning. If such students arrive earlier than their scheduled school start time in the chart below, they will be expected to study quietly in a monitored location (Cafeteria for middle school and the Learning Commons for high school) until their start time to allow for testing to occur in other parts of the building.
Get Your Spring Musical Tickets!
The highly anticipated Spring Musical, NEWSIES, will be here before you know it! The Royal Theatre will present four performances this year: April 26, April 27, May 3, and May 4. Tickets are available at iTickets.com.
Junior Royals NEWSIES Event – April 24
All Junior Royals are invited to a Preview Night Performance of CVCA’s spring musical, NEWSIES, on Wednesday, April 24 at 6:30 p.m.
• Junior Royals are FREE and registration is NOT required.
• Open seating tickets for family and siblings are $6 at the door.
• Box Office will open at 5:30 p.m. and doors will open at 6:00 p.m.
• The first 75 Junior Royals will receive a NEWSIES poster, t-shirt, and candy.
Third Quarter Honor Roll
Congratulations to our third quarter honor roll students!
Please Welcome Our International Students
The team from our partner school, Dewey International, in Battambang, Cambodia has safely arrived and will be visiting our campus as well as Kent State, The University of Akron, Amish Country, The Great Lakes Science Center, and a CAVS games this week! Students will be in the building touring and visiting classes for most of the day Monday and Friday, and attending MS Resonate each day before heading out to other destinations on Wednesday and Thursday. Thanks for welcoming the Cambodian team to CVCA and Ohio. We appreciate your prayers for God to make Himself known to our visitors!
i9 Spring Sports Program at CVCA
i9 Sports will offer a spring sports program at CVCA for children age 3 to 14. Beginning April 14, practices and games will be held each Sunday at CVCA for soccer, flag football, and lacrosse. Parents can register online at i9sports.com or call 330-208-6463. CVCA families get a $15 discount with the promo code “CVCA15.”
Prom Tickets on Sale April 29
The 2019 Junior-Senior Prom, A Night to Remember, will be held at the Sheraton Suites on Friday, May 10. Tickets will be for sale Monday, April 29 through Friday, May 3. (A signed waiver is required to purchase a ticket.)
Ladies Launch – Wednesday, May 1
Eighth grade girls and their moms are invited to a special evening to commemorate the end of middle school and the beginning of high school. Ladies Launch will take place on Wednesday, May 1 at 6:00 p.m. in the Learning Commons. Come for encouragement and wisdom as you celebrate and prepare for what’s to come. Enjoy a time of fun, worship, refreshments, and a panel discussion with high school students and mentors. Our hope is to both celebrate and introduce you to some resources for the coming years and answer questions to help make the transition a smooth one. RSVP here.
SOBE Business Night – Wednesday, May 8
The 2019 SOBE Marketing Event will be held on May 8. SOBE juniors have partnered with local businesses to design a marketing plan that they hope will increase the awareness and profitability of each business. At this event, the juniors will present to a panel of marketing experts and their local businesses partners for a chance at cash prizes and the title of “Marketing Pitch Champions.” Please join us for this special, public event. RSVP here. Thank you to our local business partners: Akrona Gallery, Classy Cupcakes, Fringe Salon, Garretts Mill Diner, and Wooster Oilers Hockey.
2019-2020 Cheer Tryouts
Cheer Clincs will be held on May 13 and 16, 3:00-6:00 pm in the CVCA small gymnasium. Tryouts will be on May 17 at 3:30 p.m., also in the small gym. All participants must pick up a tryout packet from the Athletic Office and bring the signed paper to the May 13 clinic in order to participate. Please contact Coach Jaimie at [email protected] with questions.