Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy is seeking a Music/Band Instructor. This position will plan, organize, and implement an appropriate instructional program in an educational learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic and musical potential.
This is a part-time position (but could develop into a full-time position) that reports directly to the Headmaster/Associate Head of School.
Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy is a non-profit ministry that is dedicated to Educating and Cultivating Servants for Christ. We are a middle and senior high school committed to high academic standards. Our biblically-integrated, college-preparatory curriculum is delivered by a dedicated staff of Christian professionals. We are committed to teaching from a biblical worldview and philosophy. We are committed to providing our students with experiences that will foster in them a servant’s heart, including extra-curricular activities, interscholastic athletics, music, theater, short-term mission trips, and numerous service opportunities. CVCA aims to create a Christian school community characterized by transforming relationships that produce a lived-out faith in the lives of our students, our faculty and our staff.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a personal, active, and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with CVCA’s mission statement, statement of faith, core values, cultural priorities, policies, and expectations.
- Faithfully uphold CVCA in prayer.
- Carefully follow and implement all policies and procedures outlined in the Student/Parent Handbook and Faculty Handbook.
- Develop and implement a rigorous curriculum to meet developmental goals and instructional activities.
- Create effective, biblically integrated lesson planning, prepare lesson materials, grade papers, manage the classroom, and evaluate and give timely feedback to students.
- Exercise open, respectful, and timely communication with families, co-workers, supervisors, and other school staff.
- Measure progress and accomplishments of students towards their academic achievements on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
- Create and keep records of attendance, accidents, incidents, and other noteworthy events in accordance with licensing guidelines and program policies.
- Attend conferences and workshops to advance professional development further.
- Manage student behavior and administer biblical discipline in accordance with outlined guidelines.
- Provide a safe, thriving, and respectful environment for all students in the classroom and on the school campus that always aligns with CVCA’s missional boundaries.
- Innovatively and appropriately bring Chromebooks and other technologies into the classroom to amplify and accelerate student learning.
- Use data for instructional effectiveness.
- Demonstrate an ability and interest in involvement in at least one CVCA co-curricular program.
What we are looking for:
- A classroom leader who is committed to Christ-honoring Excellence
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Ministry-minded in the ability to build relationships effectively and professionally with families and students
- An understanding of youth culture in order to impact students for Christ
- Ability to maintain a safe and studious classroom environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement age-appropriate curriculum
- Knowledge of the cognitive, social, and emotional development of learners
- Knowledge of contemporary learning strategies and instructional methodology
- Subject matter expert and a committed lifelong learner
- Ability to engage and motivate students to learn in a vibrant classroom environment
- Patient, Caring, and Kind
- Self-awareness and high emotional intelligence
- Well organized
- Versatile and adaptable
- A collaborative partner who shares best practices
- Proficient in Google Suite (e.g., calendar, docs, forms, sheets, etc.), Microsoft Office, e-mail, internet, and other relevant software; ability to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to biblically integrate the classroom and develop Christian worldview thinking
- Ability to work on a team and deal with varied personalities
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Preference given to candidates with a graduate degree with at least 18 hours in graduate-level Music in order to instruct dual-credit courses at the high school level
- Teaching credential/certificate/license for corresponding age/grade level
- Two (2) years of teaching experience
- Appropriate Ohio Department of Education licensure and Association of Christian School International certification
What you can expect:
- A focused effort to impact others and make a difference in their lives for Jesus Christ
- A Christ-honoring and collaborative work environment
- An excellent workplace/facility to work in
- Fair and just compensation
- Generous paid time off benefits
- Health care, school-funded health savings account, vision, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, and 401k plan
How to apply:
Please apply by submitting a cover letter, your resume, and the CVCA Application to HR@cvcaroyals.org.
To complete the Digital Application:
- Open the CVCA Employment Application pdf.
- Complete the Application online.
- Save your changes.
- Download the completed Application to your desktop.
- Email your completed CVCA Employment Application pdf and all other required documents to HR@cvcaroyals.org.
Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy, founded in 1968, is a private, college-preparatory, non-denominational Christian middle and high school that seeks to Educate and Cultivate Servants for Christ. Students meet rigorous admissions standards both academically and spiritually. CVCA’s 850 students, of whom 25% represent minority populations, come from a seven-county area. Our facilities include a 177,000-square-foot building with state-of-the-art technology,
7 science labs, 31,000 square-foot fieldhouse and competition gymnasium, a 600-seat chapel/auditorium, and 70 acres of sports facilities, including a turf stadium and all-weather track. CVCA is fully committed to maintaining an ethnically/culturally diverse faculty and student body within a biblical community.