Ministry Coordinator (MS)
Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy is seeking a boys Middle School Student Ministries Coordinator and Bible Teacher. This position will plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in a middle school learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential.
This is a full-time position that reports directly to the Headmaster.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop Middle School spiritual life programing in conjunction with Student Ministries team and administration
- Encourage Middle School (boys in particular) to follow hard after Christ through intentional discipleship relationships and programs
- Available to address the MS students and faculty in chapel. This is a crucial time for community growth and spiritual enrichment. Thus, the seriousness of preparation is required in order to connect with students and communicate the truth of God’s Word.
- Be available to offer Biblical wisdom regarding major and minor crises of both students and faculty. Collaborate with Administration and SMO regarding student issues and care.
- Work with MS principal in helping execute parts of orientation and jterm trips
- Developing and implementing rigorous curriculum to meet developmental goals and instructional activities
- Effective integrating biblical lesson planning, preparing lesson materials, grading papers, managing the classroom, and evaluating and giving timely feedback to students
- Exercising open and respectful and timely communication with families, co-workers, supervisors, and other school staff
- Attending conferences and workshops in order to further advance professional development
- Managing student behavior and administering biblical discipline in accordance with outlined guidelines
- Providing a safe, thriving, and respectful environment for all students in the classroom and on the school campus that always aligns with the CVCA missional boundaries
What we are looking for:
What you need:
What you can expect:
How to apply:
Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy, founded in 1968, is a private, college-preparatory, non-denominational Christian middle and high school that seeks to educate and cultivate servants for Christ. Students meet rigorous admissions standards both academically and spiritually. CVCA’s 850 students, of whom 25% represent minority populations, come from a seven-county area. Our facilities include a 177,000 square-foot building with state-of-the-art technology, 7 science labs, 31,000 square-foot fieldhouse and competition gymnasium, a 600-seat chapel/auditorium, and 70 acres of sports facilities, including a turf stadium and all-weather track. CVCA is fully committed to maintaining an ethnically/culturally diverse faculty and student body within a biblical community.