Innovation Lab Director
Biblical Principles and Expectations:
All employees proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ through their employment, and thereby further CVCA’s mission to Educate and Cultivate Servants for Christ.
Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy is a non-profit ministry dedicated to Educating and Cultivating Servants for Christ. We are a middle and senior high school committed to high academic standards. Our biblically-integrated, college-preparatory curriculum is delivered by a dedicated staff of Christian professionals. We are committed to teaching from a biblical worldview and philosophy. We are committed to providing our students with experiences that will foster in them a servant’s heart, including extra-curricular activities, interscholastic athletics, music, theater, short-term mission trips, and numerous service opportunities. CVCA aims to create a Christian school community characterized by transforming relationships that produce a lived-out faith in the lives of our students, faculty, and staff.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ
- Faithfully upholds CVCA in prayer
- Participates in chapel as schedule permits
- Demonstrates behavior aligned with CVCA’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Core Values, Cultural Priorities, policies, and expectations
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence
Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy is seeking an Innovation Lab Director.
This faculty position serves as an innovative technology leader at CVCA. This knowledgeable professional oversees the Innovation Lab and leads our schools’ analysis of emerging technologies, instructional theories, and innovative approaches to empower student learning and creativity. The Innovation Lab Director will develop a dynamic and engaging space available to all staff to collaboratively introduce 21st century and STEAM skills, make cross-curricular connections, problem-solve, and create.
The Innovation Lab Director serves as an instructional coach and supports the integration of project-based learning units in the lab. In coordination with members of the faculty, the Innovation Lab Director will identify the best tools, devices, and platforms to utilize in order to meet the current and future vision of the lab. In short, the Innovation Lab Director will oversee program development, lab oversight and support, tech instructional support for faculty, plan and implement outreach programs for the CVCA community, and execute a vision for the best use of the Innovation Lab.
This full-time position reports directly to the Dean of Faculty.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Craft, deliver, and model rich student-centered learning experiences.
- Develop and implement strategies for cross-curricular 21st-century skills and emerging technology skills at each grade level.
- Manage the resources of the Innovation Lab to provide optimal opportunities for students and the community.
- Maintain a safe Innovation Lab environment and train staff and students on the safe use of the lab equipment.
- Oversee, plan, and implement the onboarding procedures for independent use of the Innovation Lab.
- Design and implement academic initiatives to engage students and faculty in 21st-century learning opportunities within the space.
- Regularly collaborate with faculty and administration to develop programs that optimize student learning and the use of the Innovation Lab.
- Develop outreach opportunities to the CVCA community (and beyond) through Innovation Lab programming.
- Monitor the daily use of the Innovation Lab to ensure the safe use of the resources and provide individualized coaching for students and faculty.
- Co-teach with faculty as the Innovation Lab specialist on an as-needed basis.
- Manage the budget and acquisition of materials and tools.
- Intentionally cultivate servants for Christ through the medium of the Innovation Lab.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- In a dynamic and growing relationship with Christ
- Living a life of integrity that flows from personal Gospel transformation
- The ability to relationally connect with students and other adult staff members
- Passionate, caring, and pastoral heart toward students
- Hard-working team player who is committed to building a successful ministry
- Ability to serve on a team to meet the needs of the student body
- Grasps the DNA and mission of CVCA
- Experience and knowledge of maker space technologies recommended (i.e., laser engravers, 3D printers, CNC Machines, Podcasting/Padcasting)
- Problem solver
- A passion for innovative educational practices
- A desire to build and design a program collaboratively
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (Preferably in Education or Technology)
- Experience working/volunteering in a maker space/innovation lab is recommended but not required.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Work is typically performed in a conventional school environment.
How to apply:
To complete the Digital Application:
- Open the CVCA Employment Application pdf.
- Complete the Application online.
- Save your changes.
- Download the completed Application to your desktop.
- Email your completed CVCA Employment Application pdf and all other required documents to HR@cvcaroyals.org.
- Send your references to CVCA’s Employment Opportunities page to complete your Reference Forms.
Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy, founded in 1968, is a private, college-preparatory, non-denominational Christian middle and high school that seeks to Educate and Cultivate Servants for Christ. Students meet rigorous admissions standards both academically and spiritually. CVCA’s 1,050+ students, of whom 20% represent minority populations, come from an eight-county area. Our facilities include a 177,000-square-foot building with state-of-the-art technology, seven science labs, 31,000 square-foot fieldhouse and competition gymnasium, a 600-seat chapel/auditorium, and 70 acres of sports facilities, including a turf stadium and all-weather track. CVCA is fully committed to maintaining an ethnically/culturally diverse faculty and student body within a biblical community.