Human Resources Manager
Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy is seeking a Human Resources Manager. This position will manage and perform various activities in the Human Resource area that are both administrative and strategic in nature including: recruiting, onboarding/orientation, compensation, performance management, benefits, policies, employee relations, labor laws and legal compliance, training and development and terminations. This is a full-time position, and it reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supports managers/supervisors and participates in the recruiting process
- Coaches/works with managers/supervisors in all aspects of performance management and the administration of disciplinary actions
- Develops, implements, and maintains the compensation system
- Manages the administration of benefit programs, including the evaluation of existing programs and researching/recommending new programs, the open enrollment process, and supporting employees who have benefit questions/issues
- Supports the training and development of staff, which includes onboarding/orientation for new employees
- Assists in investigations of employee relations issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and discrimination
- Recommends, develops, implements, and maintains Human Resources policies and advises employees and management in the application of these policies, procedures, laws, standards, and government regulations
- Participates with management to transition employees out of the organization with care
- Participates in various Human Resource projects as assigned by leadership
- Various administrative tasks
- Other duties as assigned
What we are looking for:
- Considerable knowledge of principles/practices of Human Resources, including knowledge of employment law
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Proficiently use programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Workspace
- Ability to research and analyze various types of data.
- Ability to make recommendations and resolve problems by using judgment that is consistent with biblical standards, practices, procedures, regulations, and state and federal law
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build relationships effectively and professionally
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of Human Resources experience
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred
What you can expect:
- A focused effort to impact others and make a difference in their lives for Jesus Christ
- A Christ-honoring and collaborative work environment
- An excellent workplace/facility to work in
- Fair and just compensation
- Generous paid time off benefits
- Health care, school-funded health savings account, vision, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, and 401k plan
How to apply:
To complete the Digital Application:
- Open the CVCA Employment Application pdf.
- Complete the Application online.
- Save your changes.
- Download the completed Application to your desktop.
- Email your completed CVCA Employment Application pdf and all other required documents to HR@cvcaroyals.org.
Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy, founded in 1968, is a private, college-preparatory, non-denominational Christian middle and high school that seeks to Educate and Cultivate Servants for Christ. Students meet rigorous admissions standards both academically and spiritually. CVCA’s 1,050+ students, of whom 20% represent minority populations, come from an eight-county area. Our facilities include a 177,000-square-foot building with state-of-the-art technology, seven science labs, 31,000 square-foot fieldhouse and competition gymnasium, a 600-seat chapel/auditorium, and 70 acres of sports facilities, including a turf stadium and all-weather track. CVCA is fully committed to maintaining an ethnically/culturally diverse faculty and student body within a biblical community.