Financial Accounts Manager
Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy is seeking a Financial Accounts Manager. This position will manage student tuition accounts and various scholarship programs, assist families with scholarship applications and payment plans, and perform tasks that support day-to-day accounting activities within the Accounting Department. This is a full-time position, and it reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and a consistent witness for Jesus Christ
- Faithfully upholding CVCA in prayer
- Participating in chapel as schedule permits
- Demonstrating behavior aligned with CVCA’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Cultural Priorities, policies, and expectations
- Effectively representing Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence
- Managing student tuition accounts, which includes posting tuition charges, applying scholarship awards, and assisting families with payment plans
- Managing state scholarship programs, which includes assisting families with scholarship applications and submitting attendance records to the state
- Invoicing student accounts for incidental billing and fees
- Monitoring accounts receivable and communicating with families to collect overdue accounts
- Participating in the financial aid process, including maintaining records and notifying families of awards
- Preparing and posting journal entries
- Maintaining files to support all business transactions
- Providing Accounting Department support, including year-end and audit assistance
- Participating in Admissions events (Open House, Family Preview Night, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
What we are looking for:
- Well-organized self-starter
- Capable of multitasking
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency
- Understands the importance of teamwork
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Work effectively and cooperatively with others
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to demonstrate empathy, compassion, and understanding in difficult conversations
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in school business administration, finance, accounting, or related field
- Thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
What you can expect:
- A focused effort to impact others and make a difference in their lives for Jesus Christ
- A Christ-honoring and collaborative work environment
- An excellent workplace/facility to work in
- Fair and just compensation
- Generous paid time off benefits
- Health care, school-funded health savings account, vision, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, and 401k plan
How to apply:
To complete the Digital Application:
- Open the CVCA Employment Application pdf.
- Complete the Application online.
- Save your changes.
- Download the completed Application to your desktop.
- Email your completed CVCA Employment Application pdf and all other required documents to HR@cvcaroyals.org.
Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy, founded in 1968, is a private, college-preparatory, non-denominational Christian middle and high school that seeks to Educate and Cultivate Servants for Christ. Students meet rigorous admissions standards both academically and spiritually. CVCA’s 1,050+ students, of whom 20% represent minority populations, come from an eight-county area. Our facilities include a 177,000-square-foot building with state-of-the-art technology, seven science labs, 31,000 square-foot fieldhouse and competition gymnasium, a 600-seat chapel/auditorium, and 70 acres of sports facilities, including a turf stadium and all-weather track. CVCA is fully committed to maintaining an ethnically/culturally diverse faculty and student body within a biblical community.