CVCA is always accepting applications for substitute teachers who have availability and a flexible schedule. The substitute teacher is an important role in supporting faculty at CVCA and maintaining classroom learning. Substitute faculty should have the ability to create and maintain a classroom environment that is effective, safe, and conducive to learning.
Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy, founded in 1968, is a private, college-preparatory, non-denominational Christian Middle and High school that seeks to educate and cultivate servants for Christ. Students meet rigorous admissions standards both academically and spiritually. CVCA’s 850 students, of whom 25% represent minority populations, come from a seven-county area. CVCA’s facilities include a 145,000 square-foot building with state-of-the-art technology, 7 science labs, 2 gymnasiums, a 600-seat chapel/auditorium, and 70 acres of sports facilities, including a turf stadium and all-weather track. CVCA is fully committed to maintaining an ethnically/culturally diverse faculty and student body within a biblical community.
– Full support for CVCA’s mission, vision, and core values
– Passion to assist faculty in a Christian environment with the mission to educate and cultivate servants for Christ
– A clear desire and ability to facilitate/teach in a student-centered learning environment
– Strong communication skills, both oral and written
– A current Ohio teaching license, Non-Tax Certificate or a Substitute Teaching License
– Educational and classroom experience
– Bachelor’s degree or higher
Interested candidates should send resume and personal Christian testimony to Jeanie Micale at [email protected].