A CVCA science teacher is called to educate and cultivate servants for Christ within his or her science classroom and other interactions with the CVCA student body. Each science educator is responsible for teaching up to four sections of science classes, collaborating with other faculty in revising and developing the science curriculum at CVCA, and performing any other non-teaching duties as assigned by administration.
Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy, founded in 1968, is a private, college-preparatory, non-denominational Christian Middle and High school that seeks to educate and cultivate servants for Christ. Students meet rigorous admissions standards both academically and spiritually. CVCA’s 850 students, of whom 25% represent minority populations, come from a seven-county area. CVCA’s facilities include a 166,000 square-foot building with state-of-the-art technology, 7 science labs, dedicated band and choir rooms, a 700-seat chapel/auditorium, and 70 acres of sports facilities, including a gymnasium, turf stadium, all-weather track, and three-court field house. CVCA is fully committed to maintaining an ethnically/culturally diverse faculty and student body within a biblical community.
– Full support for CVCA’s mission, vision, and core values
– Passion to teach science in a Christian environment with the mission to educate and cultivate servants for Christ
– A clear desire and ability to teach in a student-centered learning environment
– Interest in innovatively and appropriately bringing technology into the classroom to support student learning
– Strong communication skills
– Bachelor’s degree in science, science education, or a closely related field
– ACSI certification or ability to obtain ACSI certification in science prior to employment
– Graduate degree with at least 18 hours in graduate-level science
– State of Ohio teaching certificate, Grades 6-12 science
– Five years’ experience teaching science in grades 6-12 at various levels
– Comprehensive content mastery ranging from middle school through AP science.
– Demonstrated experience in innovatively and appropriately bringing technology into the classroom to amplify and accelerate student learning
– Ability and interest in involvement in the CVCA co-curricular program (related experience preferred).
While a teacher with comprehensive science content mastery and 6-12 certification is desired, teachers with more narrow content mastery or certification (e.g. Biology/Life Science only, 9-12 certification, etc.) are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should send resume, philosophy of Christian education and personal Christian testimony to Jeanie Micale at [email protected].