Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy, founded in 1968, is a private, college-preparatory, non-denominational Christian middle and high school that seeks to educate and cultivate servants for Christ. Students meet rigorous admissions standards both academically and spiritually. CVCA’s 850 students, of whom 25% represent minority populations, come from a seven-county area. CVCA’s facilities include a 145,000 square-foot building with state-of-the-art technology, 7 science labs, 2 gymnasiums, a 600-seat chapel/auditorium, and 70 acres of sports facilities, including a turf stadium and all-weather track. CVCA is fully committed to maintaining an ethnically/culturally diverse faculty and student body within a biblical community.
Reports to: CFO
- The HR Generalist shall be one who has a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ. He/she shall be a member in good standing of an evangelical church, demonstrate a mature Christian lifestyle, and be in full agreement with the school’s statement of faith, mission statement, and serve as a Biblical role model for all employees.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective critical thinking skills and sound judgment relating to personnel matters.
- Excellent administrative skills, including strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment and within management structure.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of three years of HR experience.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state employment regulations.
- Practical understanding of multiple human resource disciplines and ability to analyze information and make appropriate recommendations in line with CVCA’s statement of faith, mission statement, Biblical Principles and Expectations and Policies.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Maintain legal compliance in all HR functions.
- Create and maintain policies, in collaboration within the CVCA management structure, to support the mission of CVCA.
- Provide recruiting, retention, and evaluation/feedback systems to support high level performing employees.
Employee Recruitment and Engagement
1. Work with Administration to coordinate recruiting and hiring the most qualified candidates for all faculty and staff positions. Ensure consistent policies and best practices in recruiting and hiring process.
- Administer job postings (nationally, regionally, CVCA website)
- Network with Christian colleges and career offices.
- Build relationships to generate a diverse and qualified candidate pool for prospective and open positions.
- Obtain and develop a system for maintaining and distributing resumes and applications in connection with the hiring process.
- Assist with background checks and reference checks of candidates.
- Assist with screening prospective candidates.
- Administer all new hire paperwork and documentation.
- Communicate with candidates and follow up as appropriate.
- Assist with improving and coordinating the current rating system for the hiring committee for all candidates.
- Ensure consistency and legal compliance in hiring practices.
2. On boards all new positions (faculty, staff, extracurricular) – I9, W4, background check, all paperwork required to begin position
3. Administer organizational orientation of all new employees, including new employee bios.
4. Conduct annual Best Christian Workplaces survey.
1. Identify engagement best practices.
2. Solicit and collect employee feedback (i.e. surveys).
3. Analyze feedback and recommend improvements to the Administration.
Records and Documentation
1. Establish and maintain personnel files, records, and reports to maintain compliance with all legal and governmental regulations.
2. Maintain and update background check files for all departments in compliance with school policy.
3. Record and maintain continuing education credits for employees.
4. Manage, revise, and enforce the personnel policies and procedures and update employee manuals/handbooks collaboratively within the CVCA management structure.
5. Keep up-to-date on legislation, rules, trends, and regulations. Compliance.
6. Maintain all required documents and reports: federal, state, local (any other regulatory body).
7. Complete and maintain legally required paperwork: COBRA, Workers Comp, FMLA, HIPPA, etc.
8. Work with each department to create and maintain clear and standardized job description as positions evolve.
1. Support performance evaluation systems.
2. Provide guidance for staff compensation system.
3. Support administration with personnel matters.
4. Ensure non-discrimination compliance for all classes of employees and contractors consistent with CVCA’s statement of faith; mission statement; and Biblical Principles and Expectations and Non-discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunity: Special Case Religious Option Policy – recognizing that as a religious ministry, CVCA reserves its First Amendment Rights to act in accordance with its sincerely held religious beliefs regarding, including, but not limited to, marriage, sexuality, dress, and discipline.
5. Support Administration on:
- Performance evaluation process for faculty, staff, and coaches.
- Compensation management process.
- Personnel matters.
Interested candidates should send resume and personal Christian testimony to Jeanie Micale at [email protected].