The CVCA Design program, a multi-level course sequence including graphic design, photo illustration, and yearbook, is housed within the CVCA Fine Arts Department. A CVCA fine arts teacher is called to educate and cultivate servants for Christ within his or her classroom and other interactions with the CVCA student body. Each fine arts educator is responsible for teaching six sections of fine arts classes, collaborating with other faculty in revising and developing the fine arts curriculum at CVCA, and performing any other non-teaching duties as assigned by administration.
Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy, founded in 1968, is a private, college-preparatory, non-denominational Christian Middle and High school that seeks to educate and cultivate servants for Christ. Students meet rigorous admissions standards both academically and spiritually. CVCA’s 850 students, of whom 25% represent minority populations, come from a seven-county area. CVCA’s facilities include a 145,000 square-foot building with state-of-the-art technology, 7 science labs, 2 gymnasiums, a 600-seat chapel/auditorium, and 70 acres of sports facilities, including a turf stadium and all-weather track. CVCA is fully committed to maintaining an ethnically/culturally diverse faculty and student body within a biblical community.
– Full support for CVCA’s mission, vision, and core values
– Passion to teach design in a Christian environment with the mission to educate and cultivate servants for Christ
– A clear desire and ability to teach in a student-centered learning environment
– Interest in innovatively and appropriately using technology in the classroom to support student learning
– Adobe Suite mastery (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
– Strong communication skills
– Thorough knowledge of both basic and advanced design principles as they pertain to graphic design, advertising, and multimedia
– Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, visual communication design, or related field
– ACSI certification or ability to obtain ACSI certification prior to employment
– Graduate degree with at least 18 hours in graduate-level design or related courses
– State of Ohio teaching certificate, Grades 9-12
– Five years’ experience teaching design, photography, art, or related courses in grades 9-12 at various levels
– Professional experience in graphic design, photography, advertising, the print industry, or a related field
– Experience managing vendor and client relationships
– Ability and interest in involvement in the CVCA co-curricular program (related experience preferred)
Interested candidates should send resume, philosophy of Christian education, and personal Christian testimony to Jeanie Micale at [email protected]. Applicants should be prepared to bring a portfolio demonstrating their work if they are contacted for an interview.