Spring Semester Exams
Exams for seniors will be May 13-15. Teachers will communicate to their students directly whether they are required to take an exam. Seniors with a B- or better for both 3rd and 4th quarter are not required to take a semester exam.
Exams for middle school and high school will be May 20-23.
A complete exam schedule is available HERE.
CVCA Summer Courses
Summer courses for high school credit will be available July 8-26, 2019 in Speech and Debate, Computer Concepts, and Health. The registration cost increases after April 30, so register soon! Learn more and register HERE.
Withdrawal forms must be submitted if your student does not intend to return to CVCA next year. You have until April 15, 2019 to withdraw without penalty. The Student Withdrawal Form is available HERE.
THE EBENEZER PROJECT: Stories of God’s Faithfulness
As Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy celebrates its 50th year, we are excited to present a new video series called “The Ebenezer Project.” This series celebrates God’s faithfulness to CVCA through stories told by our alumni.
“Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen and called its name Ebenezer (which means “the stone of help”), for he said, “Till now the LORD has helped us!” 1 Samuel 7:12
Video 18 | Jackie (Conway) Wachter ’01
See all of the Ebenezer Project videos HERE>>!
A signed waiver is required to purchase a ticket to CVCA’s 2019 Junior-Senior Prom. The waiver is available HERE >>
Stay in the know on dress code HERE >>
Nike brand CVCA apparel is available online from BSN Sportswear several times per year. Families are notified when the shop is open. Visit Shop >>
As we continue to fully transition our Learning Management System for all CVCA classes to Canvas, all parents are encouraged to connect to their child(ren)’s Canvas accounts as observers. Information on how to complete that process was emailed to all parents early in the first quarter and can also be found HERE >>. Because Canvas also provides auto-notifications, RenWeb auto-notifications for missing work were discontinued at the end of the first quarter on October 10.
Senior year is a busy time, and graduation will be here before you know it! Important deadlines, events, and 12th grade information can be found HERE >>
Learn more about our menus and web-based payment system HERE >>
Before 7:15 a.m. All students should be dropped off at the main entrance in the front of the school. If a bus is there, please pull behind the bus.
7:15-7:50 a.m. Grades 6, 7, and 8 dropped off at the rear entrance; grades 9-12 dropped off at the Chapel or Learning Commons entrances.
7:50 a.m.-2:50 p.m. ALL students should be dropped off at the main entrance in front of the school.
2:50-3:05 p.m. Grades 6-8 picked at the rear entrance of the school; grades 9-12 picked at the Chapel or Learning Commons entrances.
After 3:05 p.m. ALL students should picked be up at the main entrance in the front of the school.
All student drivers are required to register their car in the Main Office. Permits are available for $70 HERE >>
School districts providing bus transportation to CVCA are available HERE >>
School closures (for any emergency reason) will be communicated in the following ways:
Robocall: Parents will receive an automated voice message, email, and text.
CVCA Website: www.cvcaroyals.org
CVCA Main Phone Message: 330-929-0575
Media: Most local Akron-Cleveland TV and radio stations
• There may be circumstances where we choose to keep school open, but you may determine it is not safe for your child to be on the road coming to school. We respect your right to make that decision. If that circumstance does occur, we request that you call as early as possible to advise us that your son or daughter will be absent due to your concern with the weather and/or driving conditions. Your child will receive an excused absence.
• If your child rides a school bus from your local public school district and that district announces that their schools will be closed, your child will receive an excused absence if you are unable to arrange transportation, or if you make the decision noted in the above.
• More detailed information is available in the Student/Parent Handbook.
• While there are numerous issues that must be considered in the decision to cancel or delay school, we will do our best to communicate to families as early as possible. It is always our desire to have classes, yet we want to maintain safety for our students.
• There are unique situations that may require a delayed start of one hour or two hours, rather than cancel school for the day. It is possible that we may delay school for one hour, then move to a two-hour delay. Or, CVCA may begin with a two-hour delay then need to cancel for the day depending on the weather patterns, busing, and transportation.
• Students are required to use the Helper Helper app to track and verify their Service Expectation hours (8 per semester). Students can download Helper Helper from the app store on their smart phone, or use the web app on their Chromebook. It is a quick, easy, and accurate way to track and verify their service hours. Students simply click “Add past commitments” and include their parent or guardian’s email address or phone number in order for the hours to be verified. The parent/guardian will then receive either an email or text to electronically verify the submitted hours.
• 8 Hours (minimum) of approved service activity are required per semester
• The Service Learning Coordinator will give final approval to verified hours that fit the Bible class guidelines.
Thanks for encouraging your students to serve! Here are some examples of the great ways CVCA students have made an impact in their communities:
• National Day of Prayer volunteer
• Sunday school/church nursery helper
• Public school speaker to promote teen success
• Church usher/server
• Community clean up helper
• Cuyahoga Valley National Park trail manager
• Urban Vision Kids club helper
• El Salvador Orphanage helper
• Worship leader
• Soup kitchen volunteer
• Juvenile Detention outreach
• Hospital volunteer
• School event helper